Need suggestion for gifting.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys

My friend's engagement is near and i am running late on my gift for my friend.
icon_sad.gif
icon_sad.gif

What should i gift her.....

And i really don't know what to gift her.
icon_rolleyes.gif
icon_rolleyes.gif
icon_rolleyes.gif
icon_rolleyes.gif
icon_rolleyes.gif
icon_rolleyes.gif

Please suggest me something......Guys....

Engagement gift?  Is she having an engagement party?  

I have no idea what to give someone who is getting engaged nor if it is necessary to give someone anything at all when they are getting engaged.  I figure the engagement is gonna be followed by the gazillion showers that they may have for the upcoming wedding where you have to buy a gift/gifts and the wedding gift.  

My best friend is having her engagement party soon and I'm totally going to get them some naughty novelty for the engagement after party lol. I'm definitely going to ask her to NOT open it in front of her parents tho. 

that's usually for the bridal shower. 

Originally Posted by aleeeshuh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My best friend is having her engagement party soon and I'm totally going to get them some naughty novelty for the engagement after party lol. I'm definitely going to ask her to NOT open it in front of her parents tho. 

I also have never heard of gifting for an engagement party.   I've been to a few and nobody has ever shown up with gifts.  The bridal shower is when we've presented gifts to the bride.....and then the actual wedding is when we've gifted the couple.  New trend?

Yeah!  I know!  It's a bit excessive to expect a gift for an engagement party.  If I were in the Bridal party, I'm already in it for 2 gifts at least.  If I were the Maid of Honour, I'm also gonna be responsible for the Bachelorette party too not to mention helping the bride with what she's running out of time for and on the day of the wedding.  

Engagement party gifts are not usually anything elaborate (if any are given at all). Usually a nice bottle of wine or a arrangement of flowers.

One I have done in the past is a gift certificate to their favorite restaurant.

The rule of thumb is to keep it simple.

My go to gift is a picnic basket filled with goodies for a romantic picnic.  It has varied from one that was already complete (bought online) and all I had to do was order it and have it shipped to their house, to buying a basket at Marshalls and filling it up with two of everything - silverwear, plates, nakics, etc. and even a blanket.

Another gift that I give is wine in a nice wine carrier with cork and stopper.  Maybe even wine glasses... depends.

Fancy photo frames are another go to gift for many... a way for them show off their memorable time.  A friend of mine gifted one of those electronic photo frames that she got on sale from Best Buy.  It was a hit. 

Latest posts

Back