Need the best eyelash/mascara primer.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been expirencing some lash loss everytime I wear any mascara and go to remove it. I lightly go over my lashes with Johnson and Johnson's baby shampoo, I hear that was good because its gentle and if it gets in your eyes it won't sting. Anyway I have read many reveiws on here and MUA and most everyone despite some bad ones reccomend Shiseido mascara base but also what they said was that it was very hard to remove and took alot of time and hassle to get it off. And some people said they had to wash with different soaps, cleanser. and makeup removers all in one sitting and had to go back and use vasaline w/ a q-tip to get the rest off. To me that sounds like a lot of work and rubbing and pulling at your lashes which in my mind would lead to more lashes falling out. I need your help please. Please rec me your favorite mascara base/primer and why and what it does for you. I would really appriciate it, I have just about given up on wearing mascara completly. So any advice you be wonderful, Thank you!

I was using MAC's Prep+Prime Lash, but recently bought Clinique's Lash Building Primer instead. I think I'll be sticking with Clinique's! I do hear Shiseido's is awesome though!

Originally Posted by Aquilah /img/forum/go_quote.gif I was using MAC's Prep+Prime Lash, but recently bought Clinique's Lash Building Primer instead. I think I'll be sticking with Clinique's! I do hear Shiseido's is awesome though! What do you like about Cliniques better? I heard the white color can be a problem.Do you feel Cliniques is worth the money, I thinking of buying it. Also heard that shiseido's is really really hard to get off even with a great makeup remover, but have also heard it is awesome. Not sure its worth it if to have great lashes if it pulls them out to remove them. What do you think?

Originally Posted by proudmommy2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif What do you like about Cliniques better? I heard the white color can be a problem.Do you feel Cliniques is worth the money, I thinking of buying it. Also heard that shiseido's is really really hard to get off even with a great makeup remover, but have also heard it is awesome. Not sure its worth it if to have great lashes if it pulls them out to remove them. What do you think? IMHO, the MAC primer globbed onto my lashes as opposed to coating them. The Clinique primer doesn't feel "as heavy" and it definitely builds longer lashes. The MAC primer just didn't do that for me... I still have it, and can takes pics. I like the Clinique brush better too. IMHO, it's definitely worth it for a good primer. You might just want to experiment and see which works best for you. That's what I did. Started out with Maybelline's XXL primer (didn't use it for the mascara), then MAC. I bought 2 tubes of MAC before getting Clinique's. It's only $0.50 less than MAC Prep+Prime Lash, but $9 cheaper than Shiseido's.

Originally Posted by Aquilah /img/forum/go_quote.gif IMHO, the MAC primer globbed onto my lashes as opposed to coating them. The Clinique primer doesn't feel "as heavy" and it definitely builds longer lashes. The MAC primer just didn't do that for me... I still have it, and can takes pics. I like the Clinique brush better too. IMHO, it's definitely worth it for a good primer. You might just want to experiment and see which works best for you. That's what I did. Started out with Maybelline's XXL primer (didn't use it for the mascara), then MAC. I bought 2 tubes of MAC before getting Clinique's. It's only $0.50 less than MAC Prep+Prime Lash, but $9 cheaper than Shiseido's. Yes, if you wouldn't mind. Pics would be great to see the difference between the two primers. Thank you! I really appriciate it. oh and how does the Clinique pimer remove? Like does it come off with water or do you have to use a strong makeup remover? Right now I'm using Johnson and Johnsons baby shampoo, it doesn't sting your eyes.

I haven't had any problems getting it off with my mascara, and I use Neutrogena's MU remover.

Back