Neutral Mattes (Clinique vs. NYX)

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Reaction score
i've been needing neutral matte palette since forever and have been thinking of getting Clinique Colour Surge Eye Shadow Quad in Teddy Bear (US$27.00) for months now (the only reason why i haven't purchased it is because it's a little steep and it's not a priority right now, since i don't wear make-up everyday). it's really nice:

it would be my first department store eye shadow (i currently own two eye shadows: WnW and ELF). but then today i discovered the NYX Bohemian Chic Nude Matte Collection (US$18.00):

and now i don't know if i should get the Clinique one anymore (i wanted it because all-matte brown sets are rare). but at the same time, i feel like the NYX palette is really redundant (i feel like i'm getting too many crèmes and whites and taupes, when all i really want is a light brown a dark brown).

i already have 4 blushes i barely use from the NYX Soho Glam Collection palette and one other Maybelline blush (for someone who VERY rarely wears make-up like me, 5 blushes is a lot to own!) so i really don't need another two. and TBH, i'm not very happy with the quality of the NYX eye shadows i already own. so i'm not sure about getting another NYX palette.

i feel really dumb because i want to get 4 colors for US$27.00 over 24 colors + 2 blushes over US$18.00, i feel like i'm wasting money. but if i get the NYX one, i'd have a LOAD of product i would never be able to use up. am i justified getting the Clinique one considering i rarely wear make-up?

Reaction score
Buy what you need and will use, the product that will suit your budget. Sounds like you already made up your mind towards the Clinique anyways. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Reaction score
Usually what I do to decide is decide whether I would use the whole set of colors. While a bigger set of colors by a different brand might be nice for some people, if the colors are ones that I will never use, I'd rather pay a little more for a set that I'll use 80-100% if the colors. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts