Neutral Mattes (Clinique vs. NYX)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i've been needing neutral matte palette since forever and have been thinking of getting Clinique Colour Surge Eye Shadow Quad in Teddy Bear (US$27.00) for months now (the only reason why i haven't purchased it is because it's a little steep and it's not a priority right now, since i don't wear make-up everyday). it's really nice:

it would be my first department store eye shadow (i currently own two eye shadows: WnW and ELF). but then today i discovered the NYX Bohemian Chic Nude Matte Collection (US$18.00):

and now i don't know if i should get the Clinique one anymore (i wanted it because all-matte brown sets are rare). but at the same time, i feel like the NYX palette is really redundant (i feel like i'm getting too many crèmes and whites and taupes, when all i really want is a light brown a dark brown).

i already have 4 blushes i barely use from the NYX Soho Glam Collection palette and one other Maybelline blush (for someone who VERY rarely wears make-up like me, 5 blushes is a lot to own!) so i really don't need another two. and TBH, i'm not very happy with the quality of the NYX eye shadows i already own. so i'm not sure about getting another NYX palette.

i feel really dumb because i want to get 4 colors for US$27.00 over 24 colors + 2 blushes over US$18.00, i feel like i'm wasting money. but if i get the NYX one, i'd have a LOAD of product i would never be able to use up. am i justified getting the Clinique one considering i rarely wear make-up?

Buy what you need and will use, the product that will suit your budget. Sounds like you already made up your mind towards the Clinique anyways. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Usually what I do to decide is decide whether I would use the whole set of colors. While a bigger set of colors by a different brand might be nice for some people, if the colors are ones that I will never use, I'd rather pay a little more for a set that I'll use 80-100% if the colors. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back