Neutral No More!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My first attempt at posting a tutorial to help neutral lovers bring some color in their makeup looks. I hope to do more tutorials!

This first one is green! Green is practically a neutral. It looks great on everyone, all skin tones, all ages. It isn't attached to a particular makeup trend like 80's blue eyeshadow. So why aren't you already wearing greens!?

This is what I used. In the Hard Candy quad I used the color second from the right. That quad has been d/c, but I'm sure you neutral lovers can find a similar color in your collection.

2933-wallflowerquad.jpg

2933-greeneyeshadow.JPG

1. Start of with your usual prep, prime, conceal, etc routine.

2. Use a gold highlight color, such as Urban Decay Blunt, all over your brow bone above the crease. Brush a tiny bit into the crease.

3. Sweep the green across your lids. I blended Sprout and Humid to get a medium green color.

2933-greentutorial1.jpg

4. Use the coppery brown color, like the one from my Hard Candy quad, in the crease and blend it in the outer third of your lid.

2933-greentutorial2.jpg

5. Use a neutral brown or black eyeliner to finish up the look, or if you're feeling adventurous use a green eyeliner! Apply your usual mascara.

6. Use a peachy blush and a pink lipstick or gloss. For more drama use a red lipstick shade.

claps.gif
Nice tutorial, thanks for posting!!

I really like Mac's Humid!!:icon_love

Good job!!
biggrin.gif
Thanks for sharing!!

I'm a neutral lover, but I already love greens. I think it's more blues that I really shy away from...

i'm new at experimenting with eyeshadows, but i really like the blend of the coppery color with the green...i think it is a nice transition into different colors for a neutral person like myself.

Great tutorial, Katy!
claps.gif
I need a good green and a blue e/s.

Your eyes are very pretty!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

great tutorial, katy. I did a similar look a while ago (bronze on inner half, MAC Swimming on oute half of lid), and it was a nice in-between natural and colorful.

keep up the good work!!!

Nice tutorial! It's really great b/c I was just practicing with green and brown eye shadows!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

great tutorial katy, you did a wondeful job with the greens, very natural but with color.love it.
claps.gif

i never thought of using green as a neutral.. butt you've opened my horizons! i love it! :icon_love

Sorry, beyond pretty I think the tut post needs to be edit now since we don't allow HTML tags anymore to avoid security issues.

I'll ask supermods/mods help to edit the post.

Yay, thanks bunni!

Charm, thank you sweetie I was going to pm you about this thread hehe.

Latest posts

Back