New BB creams from L'Oreal & Maybelline!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by theprettypro /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I felt the same way about the garnier bb cream at first... nice and hydrating, but not enough coverage and left me glistening.

I found that if i mixed in a small drop of my cream foundation (kevin aucoin sensual skin enhancer) that it provided the perfect amount of coverage.  Then I set it with MAC oil blotting powder to reduce the grease factor.  I am really happy with the result but I am a beauty addict so I'm sure I'll be buying the L'Oreal and Maybelline versions just to compare.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Isn't it frustrating to have to doctor up what's supposed to be an All-in-One? Kinda defeats the purpose, IMHO.

And, yes, I love me some Asian BB cream. HARD. But I'll be trying the American ones, presuming they're actually decent quality. The Garnier works ok, I think, but as we've all pointed out, it's closer to a tinted moisturizer than a BB cream.

Originally Posted by banapple /img/forum/go_quote.gif

they look interesting but I'm not really intrigued to buy. I like my asian BB creams too much lol :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> and the ones I've tried from more european/US brands feel different, more like tinted moisturizer and not really BB cream. 
i must agree. I can't get off the Asian brands as of yet.

Missha's BB cream (at least for me) is superior as far as texture, color, and quality.

Although, I'm tan and the only BB cream I can find to fit me is Missha's no 31, so if an American brand can pull of quality and more shade options, I'd be down to give it a try.

But Missha's no.31 hasnt given me issues (as long as i dont get any more tan), so if it aint broke.....

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Pretty exciting! I need another face product like I need a hole in my head, but I'll definitely be looking into them! 
Me, too, Jenna. Sigh...  

From what I've read, the Maybelline and L'Oreal aren't true BB Creams (based on the UK versions of the same-named products). Le sigh.

Has anyone seen these in Target or drugstores? Made few trips to CVS and Target, none in our area yet (South OC).

Not out here in PHX, either. Granted, the L'Oreal doesn't launch till July, but I dunno about the Maybelline.

I might try the maybelline one, but honestly I'm kind of skeptical if these US drugstore brands have the benefits of true BB creams. I tried the garnier fructis BB cream for some weeks, and it made my skin worse over time--plus, it was pretty greasy. I think it was a good tinted moisturizer, just not a BB cream.

I think all these companies are just jumping on the bandwagon and assuming people will buy anything that calls themselves a BB cream. I'm sure a lot of the non-western brands are like that, but the korean BB creams I've tried were pretty good.

On the GF BB cream, did it ever advertise itself as improving your actual skin? I just remember on the packaging it said something like "instantly removes the appearance of fine lines and blemishes" (which any tinted moisturizer/foundation will do), but I don't recall it ever stating long-term benefits. Do the L'Oreal or Maybelline BB creams state long-term skin improvement?

I bought the maybelline one today at CVS. I am pretty pale, so I went with the lightest shade. Looks ok on my hand, but we'll see how it does on my face.

I tested the Loreal one there, too. The lightest shade was very, very white. But sometimes, so am I. So I'll try that one next.

I've bought both of the L'Oreal ones and the Maybelline one. None of them are actual BB Creams, of course, but the one that I (so far, in limited testing) like best is the Maybelline one, which is unusual for me, as I don't usually care for Maybelline products.

Back