New BB creams from L'Oreal & Maybelline!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone else heard about these yet? 
laughing.gif

The Maybelline is already available for purchase on Targets website and the Loreal is set to launch in July

The L'Oreal BB cream is already for sale overseas under a different name. It has a new name for the US launch

I have to head to a doctors appointment, but I wrote more about available shades and product info on my blog:

http://fairest-of-all.blogspot.com/2012/05/new-bb-creams-from-loreal-maybelline.html

Seriously hoping they make a shade suitable for pale skin since the Garnier was way too dark. What do you guys think? 
smile.gif

Pretty exciting! I need another face product like I need a hole in my head, but I'll definitely be looking into them! 

I tried maybelline BB cream before but I think that is a different formula. The one that I used before was okay, i liked it but at some point, it made my skin dry.

They Maybelline one isn't "new" new since they had one in Asia for several years now BUT only if it's the same formulation. That said... if the formulation is not the same as the Asian one then it's definitely new.

Oh, I dunno....if it's only now launching Stateside, even in the same formulation, I think it could still be considered "new", in that it's new to THIS market.

The US version has more available shades than the seaside one and also has an increased spf from 26 to 30. There could be more differences but that's all I can tell without seeing an ingredient list

I realllly want to go to target after work and look for this now...despite having a really great bb cream that I like already and countless tinted moisturizers. What is wrong with me?

This is why you do "No Buy", Jenna--because you DO have that desire to test and try and get more, new yada yada :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

However, if it will make you feel better, the Target website says "available in stores" but so far, it's not showing up in stores. So...there ya go!

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is why you do "No Buy", Jenna--because you DO have that desire to test and try and get more, new yada yada :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

However, if it will make you feel better, the Target website says "available in stores" but so far, it's not showing up in stores. So...there ya go!
haha, I will resist. I am going to go to the gym instead, hopefully work out the desire or something.

Well, more importantly, you and I BOTH know that if you go in there and they DON'T have it, you're likely to pick up a bunch of other things...be strong, sugar!

I know I'm not buying until I see some reviews of the fair shades. The garnier made me look like an oompa loompa so I don't feel like wasting my money again lol

I want to try them out. I found the Garnier one was a little too heavy on my skin. Not that it looked cakey, just that I could feel it on my skin. The coloring was also too dark for me. I got the light medium and the color wasn't right for me. At first I felt it was just too dark, now I think it makes me a little tanner. Which isn't a bad thing.

I need to see color swatches and review before I try them.

I've been using Dr Jart Premium BB SPF 45 which I love. But I also like having a low-cost alternative. Garnier makes my skin look really greasy so I'm interested to try these 2 new ones. I was in Target this morning and unfortunately they didn't have the Maybelline one yet.

Originally Posted by Angelaelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've been using Dr Jart Premium BB SPF 45 which I love. But I also like having a low-cost alternative. Garnier makes my skin look really greasy so I'm interested to try these 2 new ones. I was in Target this morning and unfortunately they didn't have the Maybelline one yet.
Yeah I found the Garnier one was very thick and it feels really heavy and made me look a little greasy too. I used it yesterday with my beauty blender and it was fine because I used like a dot of product for each half of my face. But I didn't feel it was enough product to actually even my skin tone though.

I like the concept because unlike most foundations this actually hydrates my skin, where as if I forget to put on moisturizer foundation actually accentuates my dry skin/makes it look flakier.

they look interesting but I'm not really intrigued to buy. I like my asian BB creams too much lol :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> and the ones I've tried from more european/US brands feel different, more like tinted moisturizer and not really BB cream. 

I felt the same way about the garnier bb cream at first... nice and hydrating, but not enough coverage and left me glistening.

I found that if i mixed in a small drop of my cream foundation (kevin aucoin sensual skin enhancer) that it provided the perfect amount of coverage.  Then I set it with MAC oil blotting powder to reduce the grease factor.  I am really happy with the result but I am a beauty addict so I'm sure I'll be buying the L'Oreal and Maybelline versions just to compare.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by xoxelizabeth189 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah I found the Garnier one was very thick and it feels really heavy and made me look a little greasy too. I used it yesterday with my beauty blender and it was fine because I used like a dot of product for each half of my face. But I didn't feel it was enough product to actually even my skin tone though.

I like the concept because unlike most foundations this actually hydrates my skin, where as if I forget to put on moisturizer foundation actually accentuates my dry skin/makes it look flakier.
I felt the same way about the garnier bb cream at first... nice and hydrating, but not enough coverage and left me glistening.

I found that if i mixed in a small drop of my cream foundation (kevin aucoin sensual skin enhancer) that it provided the perfect amount of coverage.  Then I set it with MAC oil blotting powder to reduce the grease factor.  I am really happy with the result but I am a beauty addict so I'm sure I'll be buying the L'Oreal and Maybelline versions just to compare.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back