New Beauty Test Tube - 2nd quarter (April, May, June)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am running out of my moroccan oil in the pump and want to try the Brandt BB cream, so this is perfect for me and actually saves money I was going to spend. Yay!

Me too. Oh heck.

Originally Posted by HelloLeilani /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I caved as well and also used the TENOFF code. WOOHOOOOO! 
party.gif

I got an email Wednesday saying my tube had shipped and it gave me a tracking number from UPS but it appears UPS hasn't actually picked it up, so it hasn't even begun its journey to me. Ugh this happened last time. It says my EDD is 4/4/12 but I'm guessing it will really be a week after that. They use UPS Basic which then transfers to USPS for delivery. *Le Sigh* At least my QVC test tube is scheduled for shipment on 4/5 which means I'll get it the next day. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I received my tube yesterday and LOVE IT! It seems like there are so many more things in this one than the last, including make up, some lovely body lotions, AND skin are. I even love the fragrance samples. I may actually have found a new fragrance I like via sample kit. Who'd have thunk? As for the items showing multiples, I received the Memoire Liquide lotion AND two fragrance samples, and both a Skinceuticals serum AND sun protection. Score! The lotion and Moroccan oil are both full size, as are the eyeliner and the shadow stick.

Originally Posted by onematchfire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I received my tube yesterday and LOVE IT! It seems like there are so many more things in this one than the last, including make up, some lovely body lotions, AND skin are. I even love the fragrance samples. I may actually have found a new fragrance I like via sample kit. Who'd have thunk?

As for the items showing multiples, I received the Memoire Liquide lotion AND two fragrance samples, and both a Skinceuticals serum AND sun protection. Score!

The lotion and Moroccan oil are both full size, as are the eyeliner and the shadow stick.
What were the sizes on the items you got?

Originally Posted by amygab1126 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Darn...excitement has diminished. Mine shipped days ago and I was looking forward to it, but I'm not wowed by this selection. I hate when spaces are wasted on fragrance and body lotions, and this is going to make my fifth Mally shadow stick that I'll have on hand and not use. And more MorrocanOil? Useless to me.
Maybe you can add those products to a trade thread.

I received my test tube Saturday, and I was kind of underwhelmed.  I mean, it is a good value, but I'm just not impressed by the product selection and brands. The  Memoire Liquide etc etc Cream smells NASTY!!!!!!  I literally think it smells like puke, and it made me gag in my mouth.  I have no idea what I'm going to do with such a large bottle of it, I need to get it out of my possession pronto because I hate it that much, lol.  The Perlier and Elariia cream smelled much much better (and works really well too) but I am confused as to why they had to include 2 body creams in the tube...seemed kind of pointless.  I think I'll give this subscription just one more quarter, but I'm very near the edge of canceling. 

Sell it on EBay just make sure you list is as having been opened. It's an expensive product and I'm willing to bet someone would be interested in it.

Between the fact that I am mainly nocturnal and the fact that I drive an old, extremely unreliable car, it's really so much trouble for me to drive to the post office to ship something out that I don't want to bother.

Originally Posted by sleepykat /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Maybe you can add those products to a trade thread.

Between the fact that I am mainly nocturnal and the fact that I drive an old, extremely unreliable car, it's really so much trouble for me to drive to the post office to ship something out that I don't want to bother.

Totally understandable. If you change your mind, or for anyone else on here who wants to skip the hassle of driving to the post office-- you can register for an online account with the post office and they will pick it up, no extra charge, you just print out the postage. They say: "Give us details on your pickup and when you'd like it. Your carrier can pick up your shipment free when he comes around if you're using an expedited service like Priority Mail®, Express Mail®, Global Express Guaranteed®, or Merchandise Returns services."

Or you can pay, set up pick ups and print postage through PayPal :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> That's how I do it. Got USPS boxes (for free) and keep them in the house and can ship that way. Or I reuse boxes/poly mailers from all the online stuff I buy

Sizes and brief reviews for the items I've tried:

1. NeoStrata® Skin Active Exfoliating Wash - 1.3 fl oz - This is WAY too drying for my skin. It's going to the friends and family sample grab bag.
  2. Mally® Evercolor Shadow Stick - 0.06 oz (full size) - I love the color, that it lasts, and that it's easy to apply without brushes.  Basically an eyeshadow crayon.
  3. Moroccanoil® Frizz Control - 3.4 fl oz ( full size) - This is a spray, which will ultimately probably be good for more even distribution, but I don't have the hang of it yet.
  4. Memoire Liquide Fragrance - (Fleur and Encens) 0.03 fl oz each - I love Encens, which is definitely very incense-y in a good way.  Fleur is just too floral for me.
  5. Memoire Liquide Creme de la Creme - (Amour Liquide) 5.1 fl oz (full size) - This is super rich, smells lovely, and is paraben free.  Yay!
  6. Perlier & Elariia - (Mimosa) 1 fl oz(Full size: $24.50)** - The texture is okay, but less rich than the Memoire Liquide.  The fragrance is too floral for me (think flowering mimosa, not champagne mimosa).
  7. Olay® Regenerist Wrinkle Revolution Complex - 0.25 fl oz
  8. ybf Eye Liner - 0.05 oz (full size)
  9. SkinCeuticals® CE Ferulic - 0.25 fl oz (size not listed, but same packaging as Indie Lee oils from BA)
  10. SkinCeuticals Physical Fusion UV Defense - ?? app. 0.20 fl oz (size not listed)
  11. dr. brandt® signature BB Cream with Flexitone - 0.25 fl oz

I just opened mine. Eh...it's ok. I likely won't use the MoroccanOil, since I have naturally straight hair that I'm perpetually trying to volumize. The Memoir Liquide cream in Amour Liquide smells pretty delicious, and the Elariia is ok, but I'm not big on body lotions because I'm extremely devoted to my Jergens Skin Firming lotion, and have been for the past 10 years. I'm excited to try the Dr. Brandt BB Cream, and I'll probably really like the NeoStrata wash. The samples of the 3 anti-aging items are really, really small. I like the shade of the Mally shadow that I got (plum), but I already have it. Hey - is anybody else's YBF eyeliner almost fuschia? I got it in "plum noir", and it's NOTHING like a color I'd wear anywhere near my eyes. It's really soft, though - I may just use it as a lipliner. Both of the fragrance samples I received were the Fleur Liquide, and I don't like it, so that's a throwaway. I think I'd cancel this subscription if I didn't have that "as soon as I cancel, the next one's gonna be awesome, and I won't be able to get it" feeling. But I think I'd rather have $40 than this stuff right now.

Gosh is it normal for the testtube to set for like a week where ups hasn't actuall picked it up yet and it just says label created? Geez frustrating. How long does it take ups to pick it up?

Gosh is it normal for the testtube to set for like a week where ups hasn't actuall picked it up yet and it just says label created? Geez frustrating. How long does it take ups to pick it up?

Mine still says that its waiting for UPS to pick it up but my test tube showed up today. It could be the tracking is not accurate.

Least both you of have tracking for it. Mine still says PENDING! My QVC Test Tube will be here on Monday.

Back