New Birchbox member. Customer Service????

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well if she had emailed back saying she has forwarded my request to the general email or something like that, I wouldnt be as upset as not hearing anything at all. Letting an email sit in my inbox without a response is not acceptable where I work and it should be the same at Birchbox. I am paying for their services after all, I do expect a reply.
I agree, she should reply that she isn't able to respond to your request, but perhaps she hasn't gotten to it yet. If she has her own internal emails to deal with combined with the traffic from this site who email her personally, plus her own portion of the [email protected] emails to answer, I'm sure she has more than enough to keep her busy for 8 hours a day and is working her way through them. Plus, I'm sure her job is a lot more than just answering emails. If you can only devote 4 hours a day to answering emails, if you emailed her on Thursday, she has only had ~12 hours to get to your email. 

Seeing as they don't work saturday and sunday, it hasn't been terribly long. 

Oh, and if I remember correctly, Paulina was recently on vacation. I'm sure that left her with another overflow of emails to get through.

Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have emailed Paulina from my email address and havent heard from her either. You guys say shes awesome, I havent heard a peep out of her. And I have emailed from more than one of my accounts.
She is awesome but she she was on vacation.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have emailed Paulina from my email address and havent heard from her either. You guys say shes awesome, I havent heard a peep out of her. And I have emailed from more than one of my accounts.
She is awesome but she she was on vacation.

well its been a week so.. I guess you can believe shes awesome if you want to, I will believe otherwise
wink.gif

Well most people take a week to two week vacation. I'll have to email Paulina to see what's up.

Her automatic reply states that she was back last Saturday.
Regardless, I think the use of her personal email has been a bit much and I go with the theories above that Paulina has just been told not to respond to those.

Here's Paulina's reply to me.

Thanks for being in touch! I am indeed back from my vacation :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> It was so nice to get away for a bit!

I know a few of the girls from the forum got in touch with me while I was away. Unfortunately, due to high email volumes at this time I am unable to take customer service inquiries from my personal email. We have very high outreach to info@ at the moment and it's still only 8 of us taking care of our customers. We absolutely want to ensure that everyone receives the appropriate service - that is our priority. I promise that everyone will have an answer to their queries shortly!

Please let me know if you have any questions and let the girls know that we so appreciate their understanding at this busy time.

xo always,

Paulina

Originally Posted by MakeUpAddicted /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I cancelled after they refused to rollover my GG account points to my main account. I told them I knew others that had done it successfully. They said it is now against their policy. I had 70 points in my GG account, with the 138 in my regular account I would have saved $20 on the Balm Nude Tude palette I have been wanting. Now they have lost the $40 per month I have paid for 2 regular subs and a BBM sub over refusing to transfer 70 points. I no longer will continue to support businesses with poor customer service. Bad business move on their part IMO.
I wish I had known you wanted that palette; I'd have called to remind you when theBalm was on HauteLook about 10 days ago. I got Nude 'Tude and Meet Matt(e) for half price. It was about the third time this year that company had been on HauteLook, so keep your eyes peeled! 

Denise if you see any of The Balm sets in your Marshall's or TJMaxx please snatch them up for me you know I will Paypal you. I found one set at Marshall's this weekend in Savannah. My TJmaxx didn't have any. I am specifically looking for sets that include blushes, highlighters, and bronzers. I also got my Mally shipment with the face defender if you send me your addy I'll get your package out to you.

Originally Posted by MakeUpAddicted /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Denise if you see any of The Balm sets in your Marshall's or TJMaxx please snatch them up for me you know I will Paypal you. I found one set at Marshall's this weekend in Savannah. My TJmaxx didn't have any. I am specifically looking for sets that include blushes, highlighters, and bronzers. I also got my Mally shipment with the face defender if you send me your addy I'll get your package out to you.
The only stuff from theBalm I've seen around here are occasional sets with the luminizers (Mary and Betty), some of the Hot Mama blushes and occasionally Frat and Down Boy (no Cabana, sigh). I'll keep an eye out for you! And I'll get those St Tropez tanners out to you next week. 

I finally got BOS IV (at Nordstrom Rack for $30)!

Those are the sets I am talking about! Congrats on your UD steal. After seeing how much the price dropped on this palette I am going to not be in such a hurry to get this years palette.

I canceled my main account & plan on canceling my 2nd today. Their customer service is horrible now. I have emailed them a few times & and always have problems. One email I sent I NEVER got a response, another it took 9 days to get an email back, and a few others I would have multiple questions in the email & when they did email back only one of those questions would be answered with a generic statement that seemed somewhat rude.

I was told at the beginning of May that I could transfer points from my 2nd account to my first & to just call or email when I was ready to do so. When I emailed at the end of May I was told that was never their policy & they would not be transferring points for me. One girl on MUT said that she emailed CS & told them she would like referral points for referring herself  & was awarded them. I sent the same email & was told once again that was never their policy & you could not refer yourself. It seems really strange to me that they do these things for some people but not others.

There have been items missing from my boxes & they said they would send out replacements only to never do so. I contacted them 2 weeks later only for them to say "Oops, I forgot! Sorry about that here's 100 points." The thing is I really did want the item that was left out of my box & 100 points isn't enough for me to buy it from the shop. There are only 3 things in the shop that 100 points will cover including shipping. 2 of those 3 things are fashion tape. No thanks.

Some of the stuff they send out is absolute crap. I'm sure they know full well that 90% of their customers will be unhappy with certain items such as the stick on eye liners, coasters, lash cards etc., but for some reason they are okay with sending that stuff out.

The last thing (sorry, I know it's a lot & I've only been with BB for 3 months) tomorrow is the last day of May & I STILL haven't received my May box for my 2nd account. I mean, are you kidding me?!?!?!?

I am thinking about cutting back to one BB account. I canceled one this month and currently have 2. Im not sure the stress is worth it. Even though it is only 10.00 a month.

I never did get a response to 3 of my emails (!) so it just seems that they dont want to respond to our inquiries. They have an attitude of 'Just be happy with crappy boxes, missing/unusable products, etc. and leave us alone'

Well, speaking of referrals, I used one through a link I posted and signed up for a second account. Never got points, so I just shot an email off. I'll just wait and see what happens...

Points are issued to a person's account once a month. I was flooded on the 30th of last month with everyone who used my own referral link from my blog to sign up.

My customer service experience with Birchbox was delayed, but really good! I'm a first-time subscriber and have yet to receive my first box. When I was signing up and entering my payment information, their site was fumbling up. It ended up going through, but I noticed on my bank account that Birchbox charged me three separate $10 transactions, not just one. I e-mailed them and heard back four days later with a very personable, friendly response. They refunded me $20 and sent two confirmations.

Sorry to hear yours wasn't great!

Update: my first Birchbox was missing a product. I e-mailed their customer service and they responded 5 days later, saying that they're sending out the sample that wasn't included. Nice of them to send it out, but I was rather disappointed there was a mistake with my first Birchbox. Let's hope it's the last.

Back