New Birchbox member. Customer Service????

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I got my sign up email a while back and was able to become a member. I was able to get it all in so that I could get the May box. Last Saturday the 12th I was sent a shipping notification. I have been checking the tracking and nothing has happened. It tells me that the information is not available for my package. So after waiting the 48hrs, business days, I emailed Birchbox to ask what the issue seems to be. I haven't heard anything back from them. I know everyone raves about how great they are but I at this point an not liking their customer service. Has anyone else had this issue????

It took them 2 days to email me back about an issue I had with my box. Try contacting them via Twitter. I've noticed they answer faster if you do that as well. If you do not have Twitter try sending them another email. Good luck!

Originally Posted by Pellen /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got my sign up email a while back and was able to become a member. I was able to get it all in so that I could get the May box. Last Saturday the 12th I was sent a shipping notification. I have been checking the tracking and nothing has happened. It tells me that the information is not available for my package. So after waiting the 48hrs, business days, I emailed Birchbox to ask what the issue seems to be. I haven't heard anything back from them. I know everyone raves about how great they are but I at this point an not liking their customer service. Has anyone else had this issue????
As of right now there is up to a four day delay in getting a reply back from someone at Birchbox. As for tracking, I've noticed that UPS MI has been having issues and I'm not sure if it's UPS fault or USPS after the package is handed off to them all I do know is my own tracking for MyGlam and my daughter's Birchbox as well as a few other orders I have with other companies.

Update, I still haven't heard back from anyone at Birchbox. My tracking is finally there though, and my box is still, get this, in NY. So, though I was sent a shipping notification my box has been sitting almost for an entire week, in fact according to UPS tracking it was just received for processing yesterday. I live in Coastal GA, right off of I95. The most time a package has ever taken coming from another state on the eastern seaboard once it had been shipped and I have received notification of it via UPS or USPS for that matter has been 5 days tops. I am a bit ticked...

For months, I considered Birchbox the gold standard when it came to these boxes because of their service. But these last couple of months, they've really been slipping. I don't know if they took on too many new subscribers or what exactly the issue is, but if it keeps up, I may end up canceling. There are too many other services now to put up with expired samples, empty samples, late box arrival, and now inconsistent policies and now slow customer service.

Just a couple of months ago, I emailed them about an issue and got a response within 24 hours. It's been about 5 days since I contacted them this month, and still nothing.

I was actually considering doing the same thing. I think they may have taken on more subscribers than they can handle, and I really don't care for how the whole points transfer issue was taken care of. Basically calling people liars? Uhh, no thanks. 

I've loved BB for a long, long time, but sometimes, I feel like they just don't always love me back. 

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

For months, I considered Birchbox the gold standard when it came to these boxes because of their service. But these last couple of months, they've really been slipping. I don't know if they took on too many new subscribers or what exactly the issue is, but if it keeps up, I may end up canceling. There are too many other services now to put up with expired samples, empty samples, late box arrival, and now inconsistent policies.

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was actually considering doing the same thing. I think they may have taken on more subscribers than they can handle, and I really don't care for how the whole points transfer issue was taken care of. Basically calling people liars? Uhh, no thanks. 

I've loved BB for a long, long time, but sometimes, I feel like they just don't always love me back. 

Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

For months, I considered Birchbox the gold standard when it came to these boxes because of their service. But these last couple of months, they've really been slipping. I don't know if they took on too many new subscribers or what exactly the issue is, but if it keeps up, I may end up canceling. There are too many other services now to put up with expired samples, empty samples, late box arrival, and now inconsistent policies.

Yep, since I just spent most of my points last month, I'm going to wait one more month so I can at least cash out 100 of them on each account and I think I may go on BB hiatus. I'll give my money to Kara's Way and The Look Bag for a while.

I sent an inquiry in on the 16th (about how gift subs work if the recipient already has an annual sub.  I'm trying to decide what to do with the points on my "extra" subs, and my decision depends on this answer) and haven't heard back.  I'm thinking their TAT on answers is approaching a week nowadays.

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I sent an inquiry in on the 16th (about how gift subs work if the recipient already has an annual sub.  I'm trying to decide what to do with the points on my "extra" subs, and my decision depends on this answer) and haven't heard back.  I'm thinking their TAT on answers is approaching a week nowadays.
I am thinking you are right, my initial email to them was on the 15th, and I have yet to hear anything at all. My box is in Orlando though according to the shipping info... But it has been there since the 19th, so who knows where it really is.

They finally got back to me after almost a week. They did offer replacement Dr. Jart samples, so I am pleased with that.

I did tell them that I was disappointed that they promised us that everyone would get their boxes before the GG finale, and many of us did NOT. Their response was just a standard "Oh, sorry about that" but I really hope they avoid promises like this in the future. If you're going to promise that, then make good on it.

I cancelled after they refused to rollover my GG account points to my main account. I told them I knew others that had done it successfully. They said it is now against their policy. I had 70 points in my GG account, with the 138 in my regular account I would have saved $20 on the Balm Nude Tude palette I have been wanting. Now they have lost the $40 per month I have paid for 2 regular subs and a BBM sub over refusing to transfer 70 points. I no longer will continue to support businesses with poor customer service. Bad business move on their part IMO.

I've been trying to call BB for a few days about a problem on my account and i just get their voicemail. 
madd.gif
 This is the 3rd day that I've left them a message and they haven't called me back or answered any of my emails. 

I finally got my box today!!! Yay for that! But, I am one of the lucky one's that got an almost totally empty tube of the Dr. Jart+ and that is one of the samples I was really looking forward to. Do you think it would be worth it to try to contact them about it, I really would like to try it.

I emailed them Thursday, today is Tuesday and nothing! How annoying is that! who do they think they are? They will loose more subscribers if they keep up their poor CS. Maybe adding BB Man was not a good idea! I dont know what else it could be except they dont have the STAFF in place to handle their email/call volume. Its seriously dissapointing esp. coming from an 'estblished' company.

I wonder what's going on at Birchbox. Normally the customer service there is outstanding.

I have emailed Paulina from my email address and havent heard from her either. You guys say shes awesome, I havent heard a peep out of her. And I have emailed from more than one of my accounts.

Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I emailed them Thursday, today is Tuesday and nothing! How annoying is that! who do they think they are? They will loose more subscribers if they keep up their poor CS. Maybe adding BB Man was not a good idea! I dont know what else it could be except they dont have the STAFF in place to handle their email/call volume. Its seriously dissapointing esp. coming from an 'estblished' company.
I'm getting ready to cancel both of my accounts. I shouldn't have to wait a week to get an email, call 3x and have it go directly to voicemail every time, never to have my phone calls returned. I haven't been impressed with them for several months and now that CS is slipping, I am running out of reasons to stay. 

Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have emailed Paulina from my email address and havent heard from her either. You guys say shes awesome, I havent heard a peep out of her. And I have emailed from more than one of my accounts.
I emailed her shortly after my first issue this month, and received an email back that we are not to send customer service issues to her directly, but to the main email. Blah.

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I emailed her shortly after my first issue this month, and received an email back that we are not to send customer service issues to her directly, but to the main email. Blah.
That's kind of what I figured, she isn't allowed to answer them. I know when I started getting people emailing my personal email when I was a CSR, I got REALLY swamped and couldn't keep up with my part of the common email box (our version of [email protected]). I don't blame any of the CSRs personally for the issues, they are doing what they are told to do and they probably don't get much input on how anything happens. I have had my fair share of issues with birchbox lately, but I definitely wouldn't want to take it out on Paulina/Emily/any of those girls. 

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's kind of what I figured, she isn't allowed to answer them. I know when I started getting people emailing my personal email when I was a CSR, I got REALLY swamped and couldn't keep up with my part of the common email box (our version of [email protected]). I don't blame any of the CSRs personally for the issues, they are doing what they are told to do and they probably don't get much input on how anything happens. I have had my fair share of issues with birchbox lately, but I definitely wouldn't want to take it out on Paulina/Emily/any of those girls. 

Well if she had emailed back saying she has forwarded my request to the general email or something like that, I wouldnt be as upset as not hearing anything at all. Letting an email sit in my inbox without a response is not acceptable where I work and it should be the same at Birchbox. I am paying for their services after all, I do expect a reply.

Latest posts

Back