New:Fall Body Shop's Shimmer Cubes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just saw on the bodyshop.com the new Shimmer Cubes for the Fall/Winter!! Also new eyeshadows from the BodyShop,they called Metal Eyes in Fawn Steel,Pink Chrome and Blue Platinum. Also new lipglosses the called Glimmer Gloss in Passionate Berry,Harmony Pink and Precious Peach.

Originally Posted by Sophia I just saw on the bodyshop.com the new Shimmer Cubes for the Fall/Winter!! Also new eyeshadows from the BodyShop,they called Metal Eyes in Fawn Steel,Pink Chrome and Blue Platinum. Also new lipglosses the called Glimmer Gloss in Passionate Berry,Harmony Pink and Precious Peach. How is the quality on the Shimmer Cubes? I was thinking of buying them, but have never really tried TBS e/s before. Do they last a long time? Are they nicely pigmented?

Originally Posted by Sophia I just saw on the bodyshop.com the new Shimmer Cubes for the Fall/Winter!! Also new eyeshadows from the BodyShop,they called Metal Eyes in Fawn Steel,Pink Chrome and Blue Platinum. Also new lipglosses the called Glimmer Gloss in Passionate Berry,Harmony Pink and Precious Peach. Wow that looks soo cool I love the make up that brings out your eyes I think thats like the best Feature on your face is your eyes can you can do so much with it
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Trisha The shimmer cubes have a decent amount of pigment, they kinda remind me of the MAC mineralized e.s but not as sheer x Thanks, Trisha. I'll give them a try then...h

i went to tbs today and checked out the shimmer cubes and the things that are like the shimmer bricks. those were wayyyy too frosty for me. i passed on both of them

Originally Posted by Liz i went to tbs today and checked out the shimmer cubes and the things that are like the shimmer bricks. those were wayyyy too frosty for me. i passed on both of them They are very frosty and each color is very small and kind of jammed up against all the others. You have to use a pretty small brush and be very careful unless you don't care if you mix the colors.

Originally Posted by Trisha the shimmercubes come out of the box tho and are easy to use x Ah, yes, but when you do they are messy and crumbly and get all over your fingers.

Originally Posted by Trisha the shimmercubes come out of the box tho and are easy to use x yup,I totally agree.these look really cute , I might have to buy this but I also like the spring shimmer cubes,for some reason they're still selling those too.

talking about the body shop,what are their brushes like,any good?

those are really cute. i want some! but the only body shop near me is a clothes store....

Originally Posted by Eva121 yup,I totally agree.these look really cute , I might have to buy this but I also like the spring shimmer cubes,for some reason they're still selling those too.

talking about the body shop,what are their brushes like,any good?

The MUA there told me their brushes are no good, but this was a long time ago. I don't know if they changed them now, but I would probably just try other brands when it comes to brushes...

Originally Posted by Trisha each cube is in its own container so i dont see how it would be messy x I don't know, trisha, but the testers for this product at TBS I went to were really messy. Product was all over the place. Go figure.

Originally Posted by Trisha ick, TBS testers are a mess over here too even tho they have people working there, so i dont understand it!
but yeah they are each housed in their own container, so you can take them outa the cube x

Maybe the counter was raided by a bunch of kids. I've seen what they can do at Sephora and other stores where the testers are out for all to plunder.
icon_twisted.gif

BTW, where in the UK do you live and work? Hope you were far awal from all the recent trouble.

We have friends in the Midlands -- just outside Birmingham.

Originally Posted by Trisha gosh yes i hate school holidays for that reason, sometimes i get back to my counter after lunch and someone has smeared red l/s over the e.s
icon_evil.gif

i live in Birmingham! i was in London on July 21st the day of the 2nd attempted bombings, it was scary but its the world we live in now i guess, i cant even watch the news much now its too depressing!

Where abouts do your friends live?? x :icon_love

My friends live just outside Birmingham in Dorridge, Sollihull. We did a home exchange with them a few years ago and they have been back here to visit us.
I have another friend who was in London riding a BritRail commuter when the second attempt happened. They made everyone get off the train and since he was at a stop he didn't know he just went looking for the pub. After about half an hour he was able to re-board and continue on.

I know what you mean about the news. I live about 50 miles from Washington. With the 9/11 events, the anthrax scare, and the sniper shootings (one of which was right around the corner and another was at the mall where I shop) I have to listen to the news to see if it's okay to leave the house!

Stay safe.

Originally Posted by Trisha Thanks Linda, my old boss from where i used to work (the one who got me into high end MU) lives in Dorridge, its about 40 mins away from me on the train x It's truly a small world. While we were staying at their house (and they were staying at ours) we took the train in from Dorridge to attend a concert in Birmingham. Never did get into town to shop, tho'.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Trisha gosh yes i hate school holidays for that reason, sometimes i get back to my counter after lunch and someone has smeared red l/s over the e.s
icon_evil.gif
I love school holidays! I just got my pay slip through the post and I'm being paid for doing nothing for the last 4 weeks. Champions
icon_cheesygrin.gif
!

Originally Posted by Trisha cool, what concert was it, and was it the Birmingham NEC, NIA, or Symphony Hall?? x It was a Christmas concert and I think it was at Symphony Hall. IT was Christmas 2000. Isn't that the year of the big snow a couple of days after Christmas?

Originally Posted by Eva121 yup,I totally agree.these look really cute , I might have to buy this but I also like the spring shimmer cubes,for some reason they're still selling those too.

So I got them both yesterday,and I love em already. Today I tried the spring cubes,they're so pretty. The fall cubes will have to wait a little longer,although the weather is already kinda Fall-ish,I'm still hanging on to summertime
smile.gif
But I'm sure the fall cubes will be great too.

This really is shimmer at its best
smile.gif

And I followed your advice about the brushes and didn't buy any,thanks for saving me money!

Latest posts

Back