NEW Fall Faces From Laura Mercier and La Prairie!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I always get so excited when the new Fall looks come out! The weather cools off, leaves change their colors and to celebrate the season we dabble in richer makeup hues. Neiman Marcus always does a great job of showing the How-To's for the season's new looks. My favorites from this fall's lineup are from Laura Mercier and La Prairie! Here are the pictures for each look and the directions for doing the eyes. I'll also attach the link so you can find out more about the look!

main1.jpg

Laura Mercier Triple Luxe

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/ca...&cmCat=beauty1

LAURA MERCIER EYES

• Apply Eye Colour in Cashmere on the

eyelid, from lashline to crease.

• Highlight the brow bone with Eye

Colour in Pearl, blending the shade

with Cashmere.

• Line upper and lower lash lines with

Eye Colour in Sable, smudging the line.

• Line the upper and lower lash lines

with Cake Liner in Black Ebony.

• Finish the eyes with a coat of mascara.

main1.jpg

La Prairie Lush Garden

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/ca...&cmCat=beauty1

LA PRAIRIE EYES

• Highlight the entire eye from lash line to brow with the light shimmering gold shade from the ensemble palette.

• Layer the molten bronze shade from the palette over the gold, adding more color in the crease.

• Line the top and bottom lash lines with Luxe Eye Liner in Aubergine.

• Layer the loden green shade from the palette on the lid.

• Define the eyes even further by layering the rich bark shade from the palette over the aubergine liner. Line wet for more intensity or dry for a more subtle look, and add more color on the outer corner of the eye.

• Finish the eyes with a coat of mascara.

The Laura Mercier fall look is my favorite. The pictures are great and the directions handy. I'm always looking for ideas how to apply makeup to get different looks.

Originally Posted by Kage_sCupotea I love the La Prairie eyes...beautiful! Me too! I have hazel eyes so those are the colors I love, fall is my favorite time of year too.
16_4_45.gif

Yeah, Fall makes me want to move back to PA. There's nothing quite like the scent in the air during autumn, when the leaves have dropped, the air is blustery and there's a faint smokey scent of woodburning fireplaces to the evening air...

Originally Posted by Harleymom10860 Me too! I have hazel eyes so those are the colors I love, fall is my favorite time of year too.
16_4_45.gif

Originally Posted by KittySkyfish Yeah, Fall makes me want to move back to PA. There's nothing quite like the scent in the air during autumn, when the leaves have dropped, the air is blustery and there's a faint smokey scent of woodburning fireplaces to the evening air...

WOW! Great post, Kitty.I love to check out the fall looks in fashion and beauty as well. There's one thing that I have never been keen on though. RED LIPS. For those of us who have thin lips, and lightish skin, red lipstick does not work! I have yet to see a model who looks good with super red lips who has lips like mine. I always prefer a natural lip to one that shouts. I even prefer this natural/glossy/beige/neutral look on fuller-lipped women too. Red lips... I just think it looks too obvious and unflattering. Does anyone know what I mean??? I keep thinking of that "addicted to love" video from the 80's. I just think red lips look tacky. BTW I love the fall eyes. LOVELY!

Oh man you ain't kidding Kitty! I used to live in PA too, right on the side of a mountain, just beautiful!

Originally Posted by KittySkyfish Yeah, Fall makes me want to move back to PA. There's nothing quite like the scent in the air during autumn, when the leaves have dropped, the air is blustery and there's a faint smokey scent of woodburning fireplaces to the evening air...

Back