New forum catergory idea?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liz

Reaction score
I was thinking about the thread that has a bunch of MAC eye shadow pics.

Is it possible to have like a new category or whatever or a sub forum for the makeup forum that has pics of all kinds of make up (not just mac)? Like people submit/add pics of the individual eye shadows or something. but not just one pic for each makeup item since the lighting/pic can be weird. So there can be like 4 pics of an eye shadow so that people can get a good idea of what the actual color is.

Just an idea.

Originally Posted by Liz

Is it possible to have like a new category or whatever or a sub forum for the makeup forum that has pics of all kinds of make up (not just mac)? Like people submit/add pics of the individual eye shadows or something. but not just one pic for each makeup item since the lighting/pic can be weird. So there can be like 4 pics of an eye shadow so that people can get a good idea of what the actual color is.

Just an idea.

Thanks for the idea! That's my millennium club girl! We'll vote on it! Liz, Put up a poll.....?

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Thanks for the idea! That's my millennium club girl! We'll vote on it! Liz, Put up a poll.....? hehe! you put up a poll or you put up a poll??
i like looking at the different shades so that i know what to buy. but i hate searching around different sites for it.

how do you think you're going to set it up?

Originally Posted by Liz

hehe! you put up a poll or you put up a poll??
i like looking at the different shades so that i know what to buy. but i hate searching around different sites for it.

how do you think you're going to set it up?

You should set up a poll and poll the studio audience

Thats a great idea Liz ~ at least it'll be sorta catagorized, so you don't have to go jumping all over the place.

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) You should set up a poll and poll the studio audience alright. i'll set one up in a sec
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by K*O* Thats a great idea Liz ~ at least it'll be sorta catagorized, so you don't have to go jumping all over the place.
biggrin.gif
yeah, i hate trying to find pics of stuff. and i know all you girls ahve pics of your makeup!!!

Originally Posted by Liz

Just an idea.

HI LIzzie, we made your SUBforum under Makeup. Do you see it from the MUT forum homepage?
Is the name ok(images of makeup products)? Remember, you are in charge of this subforum lol

Should we start a new thread for each brand and having each user post their pics of that particular brand?

We'll need some instructions for this forum too....

Gimme thoughts
wink.gif

woo hoo!!! let me check it out. then i'll come back and figure out what to do

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) HI LIzzie, we made your SUBforum under Makeup. Do you see it from the MUT forum homepage?
Is the name ok(images of makeup products)? Remember, you are in charge of this subforum lol

Should we start a new thread for each brand and having each user post their pics of that particular brand?

We'll need some instructions for this forum too....

Gimme thoughts
wink.gif

maybe have like each thread be a certain brand and makeup item. like "MAC lipsicks" "Estee Lauder blushes" And then people can load their pics to each thread.

how would we organize it though?

or should we break it down even more? like each thread be a certain brand, then that thread would have other threads that are broken into the products like lipsticks and eye shadows?

or should it be like the product review center?

lol. this is hard. i don't want to be the one to think of this and people think it's stupid. lol!

What if we were to have a thread like this:

MAC - lips (all pictures of lip products)

MAC - eyes (all pics of eye products)

What do you guys think?

yeah. that's what i was thinking at first. but have it kind of broken down more like :

mac eye shadows

mac pigments

mac lipsticks

mac liglass

mac lustreglass

estee lauder eye shadows

nars blushes. etc.

but i like having pics together if people are submitting multiple pics of one eye shadow or something. that's why i suggested the review forum type of thing. but i'm being picky. lol.

and people can test the product on their hand so people can see what the product looks out of the container if they want to do that.

any other suggestions chicas?

Originally Posted by Liz

maybe have like each thread be a certain brand and makeup item. like "MAC lipsicks" "Estee Lauder blushes" And then people can load their pics to each thread.

how would we organize it though?

or should we break it down even more? like each thread be a certain brand, then that thread would have other threads that are broken into the products like lipsticks and eye shadows?

or should it be like the product review center?

lol. this is hard. i don't want to be the one to think of this and people think it's stupid. lol!

Well remember, it's still a forum environment and how forums work is that the messages fight for the TOP spot shoving them down the line if not responded to . So, once we get like 20 brands (with categories) it will be all messed up as someone might come in and post pics of Este Lauder, shoving MAC down the list and possibly onto a second page. There are just so many brands. What do you think on this?

Originally Posted by Liz

yeah. that's what i was thinking at first. but have it kind of broken down more like :
mac eye shadows

mac pigments

mac lipsticks

mac liglass

mac lustreglass

estee lauder eye shadows

nars blushes. etc.

but i like having pics together if people are submitting multiple pics of one eye shadow or something. that's why i suggested the review forum type of thing. but i'm being picky. lol.

and people can test the product on their hand so people can see what the product looks out of the container if they want to do that.

any other suggestions chicas?

Do you mean to make it look like the review center does?

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Well remember, it's still a forum environment and how forums work is that the messages fight for the TOP spot shoving them down the line if not responded to . So, once we get like 20 brands (with categories) it will be all messed up as someone might come in and post pics of Este Lauder, shoving MAC down the list and possibly onto a second page. There are just so many brands. What do you think on this? yeah. that's what i was thinking was going to happen. that's why i was thinking the review center type of thing would kind of be better. that way they can be broken up into the different brands, categories, and even colors. and if it's done that way, the colors would be grouped together if people have submitted like 5 pics of the same eye shadow so people can get an idea of what the color is. and it makes it kind of easier to search since they can just go look for a color instead of going through a bunch of posts and opening attachments.
what do you guys think about the review type of look?

Originally Posted by Liz

yeah. that's what i was thinking was going to happen. that's why i was thinking the review center type of thing would kind of be better. that way they can be broken up into the different brands, categories, and even colors. and if it's done that way, the colors would be grouped together if people have submitted like 5 pics of the same eye shadow so people can get an idea of what the color is. and it makes it kind of easier to search since they can just go look for a color instead of going through a bunch of posts and opening attachments.
what do you guys think about the review type of look?

Making like the review center will take custom programming and would take alot of time. I think it's a stellar idea, LIZ, but just not do-able right now. Lets stick with the SUBforum idea and work off that....is that ok?

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Making like the review center will take custom programming and would take alot of time. I think it's a stellar idea, LIZ, but just not do-able right now. Lets stick with the SUBforum idea and work off that....is that ok? oh. ok. i have no clue on how things work and how much goes into. thanks for thinking about it though. but i do like having an area where we put pics up so that people can check em out!

any idea of like "rules" or instrustions?

Originally Posted by Liz

oh. ok. i have no clue on how things work and how much goes into. thanks for thinking about it though. but i do like having an area where we put pics up so that people can check em out!
any idea of like "rules" or instrustions?

Oh the review center and swap center is MAJOR programming time and money. So we are stuck with the subforum for now. THe idea is cool!

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Oh the review center and swap center is MAJOR programming time and money. So we are stuck with the subforum for now. THe idea is cool! ok. yeah. i should have known better with my bf being a programmer. lol.
can i start making threads in the forum? i'll post some pics later. i have to photo shop them to crop them and stuff.

Great idea Liz, I love looking at colors to and this will be easy to just click one step
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Liz I was thinking about the thread that has a bunch of MAC eye shadow pics.

Just an idea.

Latest posts

Back