New haircut question

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Yesterday, I got a new haircut/color. My hair was almost mid-back length and an auburn with copper highlights. Now it's cut into an a-line bob (if anyone watches Angel, I took the idea from Cordelia's bob in Season 3). The color is a coppery strawberry blonde with blonde highlights. Here's my question: now that my hair is shorter, should I be buy a smaller flat iron? The one I have now (a very old Conair) is quite large. My stylist used a 1" iron (maybe a little smaller). So, I guess the big question is: Does size matter? lol

Thanks!

I really don't know. But, I bet Janelle or someone else will pop in and give ya some good advice.
icon_smile.gif

I have to say that I much prefer the smaller flat iron. I used to use a large hot tools iron and it got the job done, but the smaller one allows you to style (you can curl ends under or flip them out. I dunno if that matters for your hair, but overall, I think the smaller one works better!

~Bonnie

Originally Posted by Brelki Yesterday, I got a new haircut/color. My hair was almost mid-back length and an auburn with copper highlights. Now it's cut into an a-line bob (if anyone watches Angel, I took the idea from Cordelia's bob in Season 3). The color is a coppery strawberry blonde with blonde highlights. Here's my question: now that my hair is shorter, should I be buy a smaller flat iron? The one I have now (a very old Conair) is quite large. My stylist used a 1" iron (maybe a little smaller). So, I guess the big question is: Does size matter? lolThanks!

Welcome to MakeupTalk, Brelki! I'm Janelle from NY - Nice to meet you!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Bonnie's right... the smaller ones are a little easier to style with, and to make 'flips' on the ends... Larger ones are easier for longer hair since they cover more surface are at once. The only downfall sometimes of a larger iron is that it's a little more difficult to get close to the roots. Besides that and the 'curling'.. its really a matter of preference. Try yours first and see if you like the results... I know a lot of people who have short hair and still use the larger irons because it saves a little on time. Others like the smaller ones because its a little easier to handle... its up to you... still the same thing really. Just depends on what you like better.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Back