New Here

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Everybody,

I am new to this site-just registered last night. I have dark brown hair, hazel dark green eyes and fair skin. My skin is mostly normal to dry. I am 35 years old, will be 36 this April. I am a full time student and I have only 1 semester left to graduate after this semester. I get very busy during my school time so if you don't see me around all the time, it is because of my assignments
icon_sad.gif

I am alway in search for the perfect skincare and makeup. My search for e/s is over for a long time since I fell in love with Mac e/s. I only wanted 5-6 but ended up buying 16! I also bought 3 Shu Uemura e/s. They are pretty nice too but I won't make a collection from them. Now I ordered a Kevyn Aucoin blush and two Armani blushes for my mu collection. I have Nars Sin blush and and a few from Shu Uemura blushes. I'll see which one will be my favorite
icon_lol.gif

I'm Tony, one of the rare MEN on here. I'm from the admin/programming department. Want to wish you a great stay.You mightl find MakeupTalk a little different than some other boards with it's board layout. If you need any help with learning the layout, just PRIVATE MESSAGE any of the moderators, as they are here alot. We are moving forward quickly with TONS of new users and tons of new posts each day.

Make sure you check our the review center and swap center!

Take care and happy to have you joined in the fun!
wink.gif

Originally Posted by lilla

Hi Everybody,
I am new to this site-just registered last night. I have dark brown hair, hazel dark green eyes and fair skin. My skin is mostly normal to dry. I am 35 years old, will be 36 this April. I am a full time student and I have only 1 semester left to graduate after this semester. I get very busy during my school time so if you don't see me around all the time, it is because of my assignments
icon_sad.gif

I am alway in search for the perfect skincare and makeup. My search for e/s is over for a long time since I fell in love with Mac e/s. I only wanted 5-6 but ended up buying 16! I also bought 3 Shu Uemura e/s. They are pretty nice too but I won't make a collection from them. Now I ordered a Kevyn Aucoin blush and two Armani blushes for my mu collection. I have Nars Sin blush and and a few from Shu Uemura blushes. I'll see which one will be my favorite
icon_lol.gif

Hiya Lilla!

Welcome to MakeUpTalk

16_6_1v.gif

I'm Laura from Ireland. Sounds like you're a fan of high end make up (i like i like!!). You should check out Trisha's notepad if you're a fan of MAC e/s, you'll just die with jealousy (i do anyway!). If you need anything just PM me or one of the other mods here & we'll gladly help you out. Look forward to chatting with you

Welcome to MakeupTalk, Lilla

Originally Posted by lilla

Hi Everybody,
icon_sad.gif

icon_lol.gif

Wow
icon_redface.gif
You guys are great! Thank you everybody for your help. This really is a different and friendly place. I think I am gonna enjoy here a lot. thanks guys
icon_smile.gif

lilla

Aloha & Welcome to MuT Lilla! I'm sure you'll find this place fun & informative. Look forward to your posts!
wink.gif

Glad you found our corner of the web Lilla! What are you studying in school right now & where are you joining us from? I'm Joy from Los Angeles, close by to our MUT admins Tony & Reija.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Joyeuux Glad you found our corner of the web Lilla! What are you studying in school right now & where are you joining us from? I'm Joy from Los Angeles, close by to our MUT admins Tony & Reija.
smile.gif
Hi Joy,
I am studying Health Information Technology. I worked in a few different jobs and my last job focus me into that direction. I live in Colorado Springs, CO. My husband is in the Air Force so we have been here for almost 2 years. We were in Montana for 11 years before here. Are you a student also?

Oh, very cool. That sounds similiar to what my roomate does -- she's a computer programmer at a medical research institute. As for me, I was a theater major (graduated 2003) and am now working as a makeup artist. I actually went to Montana for this first time in December to work on a short film -- such a beautiful state!! There are a handful of other students on this site too. I miss school actually & would love to take some community classes (art, foreign language etc).

BTW, I just looked at your first post again --- we have the exact same coloring (dark brown hair, hazel eyes & fair skin). We'll have to share tips!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by lilla Hi Joy,
I am studying Health Information Technology. I worked in a few different jobs and my last job focus me into that direction. I live in Colorado Springs, CO. My husband is in the Air Force so we have been here for almost 2 years. We were in Montana for 11 years before here. Are you a student also?

Welcome to MakeupTalk, Lilla!!! I'm Janelle, from NY ... I'm a Hair Talk mod here with Laura, so if you have any hair questions... just ask!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
And judging from your first post, I think you'll fit in juuuuuuuust fine here with the rest of us beauty addicts! LOL It's so cool your hubby is in the AF... I was actually going to join myself - It was always my dream to be a "Maverick" top gun and fly - lol I was talked out of it though, got lots of info from a friend who is in it - that I probably would never actually fly.
icon_sad.gif
Kind of killed my mood there.... I was going to enlist anyway, but I decided against it when I started working ... got too involved in my life and trying to get a career going that I figured it just wasn't for me. But I have to say that I still get an urge when I see or hear from people that have "crossed into the blue".

Anyhooooo.... my all time obsession is anything beauty related, and I still love hairdressing.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Enjoy it here, and hope to chat soon!

Joy,

You are a makeup artist, I am sure you have better tips than me
icon_biggrin.gif
I had some good friends back in Great Falls, Montana. There's one bad thing about being in the service, hard to stay in one place. I will check your reviews to see what you like using. I always have see if I'll like it. Curiosity
icon_lol.gif

Originally Posted by Joyeuux Oh, very cool. That sounds similiar to what my roomate does -- she's a computer programmer at a medical research institute. As for me, I was a theater major (graduated 2003) and am now working as a makeup artist. I actually went to Montana for this first time in December to work on a short film -- such a beautiful state!! There are a handful of other students on this site too. I miss school actually & would love to take some community classes (art, foreign language etc).
BTW, I just looked at your first post again --- we have the exact same coloring (dark brown hair, hazel eyes & fair skin). We'll have to share tips!
smile.gif

Janelle, Thank you for the info, I am sure I'll have questions about many products
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I always wanted to see NewYork city and had a chance one time but didn't happen. I had my daughter and got busy with her. May be in the future I will get another chance to visit there. Thank you for the warm welcome
smile.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Welcome to MakeupTalk, Lilla!!! I'm Janelle, from NY ... I'm a Hair Talk mod here with Laura, so if you have any hair questions... just ask!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
And judging from your first post, I think you'll fit in juuuuuuuust fine here with the rest of us beauty addicts! LOL It's so cool your hubby is in the AF... I was actually going to join myself - It was always my dream to be a "Maverick" top gun and fly - lol I was talked out of it though, got lots of info from a friend who is in it - that I probably would never actually fly.
icon_sad.gif
Kind of killed my mood there.... I was going to enlist anyway, but I decided against it when I started working ... got too involved in my life and trying to get a career going that I figured it just wasn't for me. But I have to say that I still get an urge when I see or hear from people that have "crossed into the blue".
Anyhooooo.... my all time obsession is anything beauty related, and I still love hairdressing.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Enjoy it here, and hope to chat soon!

Welcome to MUT....Nice2Meet w/ you. Iam Tahmina From Bangladesh....there is always time when some1 is new.....you will notice how often you will be hook with MUT.....Looking forward to c ur post....Have Fun...
icon_lol.gif

Thank you Tahmina.

Originally Posted by Miranhat Welcome to MUT....Nice2Meet w/ you. Iam Tahmina From Bangladesh....there is always time when some1 is new.....you will notice how often you will be hook with MUT.....Looking forward to c ur post....Have Fun...
icon_lol.gif

Hi Lilla! I'm Marie-Line, the french girl.

Nice to meet you!

Talk you soon!!

Marie-Line

Originally Posted by lilla Hi Everybody,
icon_sad.gif

icon_lol.gif

Thank you Marie-Line, it is nice to meet you. Talk to you soon.

Originally Posted by Marie-Line Hi Lilla! I'm Marie-Line, the french girl.Nice to meet you!

Talk you soon!!

Marie-Line

Hello lilla and welcome! I'm Harley from Florida, glad you found us and look forward to getting to know you
smile.gif

Thanks Harley, I have been to Florida once-Disney World
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by HarleyMom Hello lilla and welcome! I'm Harley from Florida, glad you found us and look forward to getting to know you
smile.gif

Hi, and welcome to MUT.

I'm Lea from Walsall in the UK. Sounds like you have quite a colllection already. Look forward to reading your posts and sharing ideas.

Thanks Lea, I like this board the most and I will be spending quality time here
icon_lol.gif

Originally Posted by Lealabell Hi, and welcome to MUT.
I'm Lea from Walsall in the UK. Sounds like you have quite a colllection already. Look forward to reading your posts and sharing ideas.

Latest posts

Back