New Lancome foundation seems to have staying power

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been having a lot of problems finding a foundation that works with my oily skin and large pores, not to mention that is in the right color family. Last Friday I purchased the new Teint Idole ULTRA from Lancome and it really seems to last throughout the day, even in 100% humidity and heat. Its claim to fame is 14-hour long lasting coverage. Although I did not keep it on a full 14 hours, it did seem to last longer than most I've tried. I also wore a waterproof concealer under it on my nose and along the sides of my nose where my foundations usually break up and disappear totally. I seems to have worked. I didn't get all red in that area either like I normally do. The nice part about the foundation is that is goes on easily with a foundation brush and offers a pretty extensive color palette. If you are looking for a long-wearing natural looking foundation, ask the Lancome person if you can try it in one of their little sample bottles. Lancome has always been great about giving a two-day sample so you can try it before you buy it, at least they have for me.

OOH! I might have to try that... I currently have their Photogenic foundation, and while I like it, I wouldn't mind one with more "oomph" in staying power.

And I LOVE Lancome's color palette, Photogenic is a perfect match to my skin, and they are the first company to be able to match me.

Do you know if the foundation is non-comedogenic/non-acnegenic?

Yes, the Teint Idole line is for oily skin and oil-free.

Originally Posted by MACGoddess OOH! I might have to try that... I currently have their Photogenic foundation, and while I like it, I wouldn't mind one with more "oomph" in staying power.
And I LOVE Lancome's color palette, Photogenic is a perfect match to my skin, and they are the first company to be able to match me.

Do you know if the foundation is non-comedogenic/non-acnegenic?

I've tried Teint Idole before and really liked the dewy type finish i got from it. It didnt last all day on my skin though so i switched to Estee Lauder Doublewear and i swear by that now. Gonna try and get a sample of this new Teint Idole Ultra now though! thanks for posting about it!

I have also heard good things about the Estee Lauder Doublewear too. My skin changes so much I am convinced that I need a different foundation for every week of the month. Maybe I'll get a sample of the Estee Lauder. The Teint Idole Ultra is a really nice textured foundation and so far, I like it. I have such oily problematic skin. How does the Estee Lauder hold up over and around your nose throughout the day?

Originally Posted by Laura I've tried Teint Idole before and really liked the dewy type finish i got from it. It didnt last all day on my skin though so i switched to Estee Lauder Doublewear and i swear by that now. Gonna try and get a sample of this new Teint Idole Ultra now though! thanks for posting about it!

OMG girl, the foundation is put on my face at 7.45 and it doesnt budge til i take it off at night. Honestly, you really need to try a sample. If you're looking for a long lasting foundation for combination/oily skin that offers full coverage (you can get lighter coverage if you mix with moisturiser) then THIS is the foundation for you.

Man i should get commission from Estee Lauder because i promote this foundation so much!

And your photo looks like you have pretty skin too. I will go and get some at lunch. I hope they give samples, if not, I'll have to buy it and hope it works. What type of products do you wear under your foundation? Primer, mattifier, normal moisturizer, corrector, concealer?

Originally Posted by Laura OMG girl, the foundation is put on my face at 7.45 and it doesnt budge til i take it off at night. Honestly, you really need to try a sample. If you're looking for a long lasting foundation for combination/oily skin that offers full coverage (you can get lighter coverage if you mix with moisturiser) then THIS is the foundation for you.
Man i should get commission from Estee Lauder because i promote this foundation so much!

Nothing.. just moisturiser but then i use concealer where i need it after. I've tried primer's & mattifiers before but i found they clogged my pores. And thanks for the compliment about my skin! Unfortunately it doesnt look like that every day!

Lancome's Teint Idole Ultra and Renergie are both non-comedogenic. I just checked the boxes of both products tonight at Macy's. Renergie is better if you have normal to dry skin. Teint Idole is better if you have oily to normal skin.

You know what?? My mom and I just went and bought Lancome foundations, today...She bought Teint Idole, and I bought Photogenic (okay, she bought it for me). We went and did more shopping, and four hours later, when we got back to my house, her makeup appeared to have worn off, and mine was still wearing nicely. I think a primer would have helped her cause, but we're both very happy with our foundations. I love the Photogenic, which is "sheer to moderate" and matte, without emphasizing my dry nasties. I'll probably order the Teint Idole this week, now that I know what color to order.

Glad you found stuff that works for you.

Write it down on review page, if you have time.

I am sure it will help others too
smile.gif

I tried the Teint Idole Ultra and I liked it too. It lasts and its really lightweight. Unfortunately I am a Estee Lauder Double Wear fan for life. The T.I.U. didn't seem to even out my skin tone as well as the Double Wear does.

I visited a Lancome counter last week and asked for a sample of the Teint Idole Ultra.. The MA gave me a sample & i was thrilled. I used it over the weekend and just as i was about to throw away the plastic i realised she gave me the regular, old version of Teint Idole.. DOH! Hopefully i'll be able to try a sample of it soon

Latest posts

Back