New Look

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What do you think is the best way to find a new look? Magazines? makeup counter makeovers? friends? experiment?

just experimenting to see what you like and works well on you.

but magazines are great so you can find inspiration to copy the looks if you're stuck with your own experimenting.

i think a good way to find a new look, is to take someone shopping with you that has a style you like, but does not dress similarly to you. try to make sure they are similar in size and shape or you will only disappoint yourself. also i watch makeover shows on tv like what not to wear, and a makeover story on tlc, which shows you what kind of style looks good on certain body types. i also read magazines and watch music videos. when you go to the store pick out something that you say to yourself you would never try on. hope this information helps.

I get inspiration from magazines, FOTDs, TV...basically anything. if I see a girl with a similar coloring who looks pretty in her makeup (doesn´t matter if it´s a celebrity or a real life person) I try to copy that look.

still I´m always dissappointed when a look that looks great on somebody else looks like crap on me. I still can´t accept that I don´t have a tanned J-Lo complexion *lol*

I think experimenting is the best way to find a new look. However, I usually find my inspiration from magazines or online pics of celebs, and that's when I start to experiment.

I'm always looking in magazines, but mostly at pictures of celebs with similar colouring rather than the make up pages. New products tend to inspire me too, but like a lot of people here I'm a make up junkie so I've almost always got something new to try.

Latest posts

Back