New L'oreal and Maybelline BB creams...Worst face products EVER?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Fairest of all /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I completely agree I think all foundation displays should have testers. I'm excited for the new L'oreal lumi foundation display cause I know they have testers for a porcelain shade. I would also agree with you about the iron thing except I'm anemic as well lol.
Well, it made LOGICAL sense :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Even if it was totally wrong LOL

Oh ew! That sucks. I personally have only liked the Asian BB creams I have tried. No US ones have impressed me yet.

That is crazy! It just boggles my mind that something as sheer as they are supposed to be would stain! Do you theink there were some bad batches?

I tried the L'Oreal in "fair" and it didn't darken up like that, and I have been using the Maybelline for the last week - absolutely no issues (and I am very fair as well).

It's always possible. The only shade of the L'oreal that seems to do this is the color "light", which is the test color on the display. I've seen about 5 other people it happened to so far. I'd like to be able to try the fair one and see what color it changes to.

I was excited to try the L'Oreal Studio Secrets Magic B.B. Cream.  My shade is fair.  The first time I tried it I applied too much because I was orange like snookie.  Then I watched the L'Oreal video on applying it and did as instructed and I really like it now, for a light coverage.  You cannot apply a lot of this cream.  I just put a little on my brush and lightly buff around the t-zone and out.

It is no where near as good as the Asian BB creams, but a good alternative  for me because I save my good BB creams for special outings/days.

Aw, I hate to hear that both of these suck... I was really counting on the L'oreal being awesome.

I guess the search continues :/

Sheesh, to think that that could stain your FACE that color, good thing you tried it on your arm, Fairest!  I do usually make it to Target when I'm in the States but do most of my cosmetic purchases online.  You guys are right, they should do more testers for foundations, especially.  They are just hurting themselves if they don't, because invariably when I go to the cosmetic section there people have opened regular items and played around with them, trying to get the right shade for themselves, so those broken into products are a loss.  

You know there has to be some poor girl out there who never wears makeup usually but splurged on a bb cream hearing about all the hype for a special occasion like a prom or being a wedding guest and got stuck with that orange face!  You are brave to want to try another one of those bb colors in the same brand, I'd be afraid!

I have Smashbox's bb cream in light/medium and I like it but feel like it's more like a glorified tinted moisturizer/foundation than a true bb.  My husband doesn't love it on me, though.  He likes to see my skin through my makeup and prefers my good old Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer that I've been wearing for years, it's a 3-in-1 tinted moisturizer with a vitamin infused retinol treatment to stave off fine lines, spf 20 and a bit of color and it's only about 11 bucks at Target.  He's crazy, though, and thinks I look the best at night after I've scrubbed all my makeup off or first thing in the morning.  True love is indeed blind, ha ha.

The only US BB Cream I've liked is the Clinique BB Cream. It comes in 3 shades and is the closest to the Asian BB Creams.

Oh wow. I'm so glad I saw this, because I had planned on grabbing the L'oreal BB this weekend. Eep!

amber, totally off-topic but i recently went to a store that sells mehron cosmetics and had to think of you. you ever heard of them? i think you'll be in heaven.. i know i was. lol! they have super-super pale foundations and concealers that blend beautifully (i'm talking even almost white and white) and they're fairly cheap too (foundation about $10 a pop for a lot of product).

i couldn't find your orig. thread on this topic so i thought i'd just reply here =)

*and they're vegan, don't test on animals and have been around since 1927... they must know what the heck they're doing.. hahaha :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

amber, totally off-topic but i recently went to a store that sells mehron cosmetics and had to think of you. you ever heard of them? i think you'll be in heaven.. i know i was. lol! they have super-super pale foundations and concealers that blend beautifully (i'm talking even almost white and white) and they're fairly cheap too (foundation about $10 a pop for a lot of product). i couldn't find your orig. thread on this topic so i thought i'd just reply here =) *and they're vegan, don't test on animals and have been around since 1927... they must know what the heck they're doing.. hahaha :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Thank you for telling me! I actually just had someone else on here tell me about how awesome the brand is, but i'd never heard of it. What store did you find it at? Those prices are really fantastic so I'd definitely love to find a place that sells it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thank you for telling me! I actually just had someone else on here tell me about how awesome the brand is, but i'd never heard of it. What store did you find it at? Those prices are really fantastic so I'd definitely love to find a place that sells it
smile.gif
It's actually a stage make up brand, I found them at a costume-y/joke stuff store. On their website, there's a store locator that tells you where the closest store is! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> And you're welcome! Hope you can try out some of their stuff :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I was so attempted to buy this when I was shopping at Wal-mart

I saw Youth Code BB illuminator , this and the Maybelline. Now, I'm so so so glad that I didn't get this.

The only tester there was maybelline and that was way too dark for me. There is no way they all that a matching tone or whatever.

I've been excited since last year since I knew that BB cream would be heading to the west. However, I find that BB creams are way better from Asia (especially those from Korea), but are just a bit hard to spot.

So when US released drugstore Garnier's bb cream, I knew I have to get it, but that product was really sad comparing to my other bb creams I got from Korea. I even read some reviews before I go shopping. I guess it's alright for some people who are just looking for a tinted moisturizer, but that wasn't even a tinted moisturizer. I mean, it has no coverage and the fluid does transfer and leave a cast under my glasses.

I'm also disappointed that the US is promoting bb cream more like a primer, or  a make-up base or even tinted moisturizer. 

When I'm using my Asian bb cream, I didn't have to wear any foundation and nearly no concealer (sometimes I use bb cream concealer, more pigmented than regular bb cream).

I guess I just have to trade for little bit of inconvenience.

I was surprised to see how much the US BB creams cost. The Korean ones are better and cheaper! There's no reason other than instant gratification to buying most of the US bb creams. It is frustrating to wait a few weeks for it to come in, but it looks so nice it's worth it.

Rarely do I encounter anyone who swears by anything made by L'oreal or Maybelline. They are both extremely heavy advertisers and, ever since I tried the L'oreal anti-wrinkle cream which dried up my skin and increased my wrinkles, I especially stay away from that brand.

Originally Posted by princess2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was surprised to see how much the US BB creams cost. The Korean ones are better and cheaper! There's no reason other than instant gratification to buying most of the US bb creams. It is frustrating to wait a few weeks for it to come in, but it looks so nice it's worth it.
Well, ONE other reason, although it doesn't apply in my case, would be that the Korean ones are not well-suited for truly dark complexions, I would think :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Covergirl has a "new" bb cream out, but I looked at the ingredients and it's just their existing tinted moisturizer in new packaging...not even a single new ingredient. They didn't even put any effort in they just slapped the BB cream name on it lol

Covergirl has a "new" bb cream out, but I looked at the ingredients and it's just their existing tinted moisturizer in new packaging...not even a single new ingredient. They didn't even put any effort in they just slapped the BB cream name on it lol
Happening far too much these days.

Back