New L'oreal and Maybelline BB creams...Worst face products EVER?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a sample of Smashbox bb cream and love it. I am a golden tan girl and medium is perfect. I guess you get what u pay for!

That is crazy. I've used both .. On my face, not hand. And haven't had any redness or Mac and cheese colouring. Maybelline has actually done a beautiful job at clearing and perfecting my face.

I hate the L'Oreal one...it does nothing but make my face sparkly! However, I absolutely adore the Maybelline one! It's a great match for my skin (I have it in Deep), and definitely provides some coverage and skin evening. It's one of my favorite face products!

That's a bummer that you had a bad experience testing the two BB Creams out. Personally, I haven't had any problems with either though I've got medium skin w/yellow undertones.

Originally Posted by Fairest of all /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Also here's a few pics of the Maybelline BB cream just to give you a better idea of how ridiculous the color is 

"Maybellines Dream Fresh BB Cream is extremely Orange and required a lot of blending to ease out the tangerine tinge!

I would not recommend this for light skin tones at all."

"I found Maybelline's Dream Fresh BB Cream to fall flat of many claims,
it does not compliment the skin-tone and on pale skin this will be orange and not pleasant at all."

I have fair skin and this makes me orange. It's not as orange as in the picture, but it's pretty bad.

I have a hard time finding foundations that don't make me orange.

Originally Posted by Fairest of all /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So I made a run to CVS today and to my surprise the new BB creams from L'oreal and Maybelline were on display. Both of them had testers...the Maybelline dream fresh bb cream had 3, one for each shade while the L'oreal magic skin beautifier had only one in the color Light. 

I tried them out and I have to say
wtf.gif

First I took a pic as soon as I applied them. The maybelline was LITERALLY the color of mac and cheese...a bit darker in person than the pic shows. The L'oreal seemed promising as it came out of the tube as a thin white liquid, and is supposed to match your skin color after being touched.

This was in the process of rubbing both into my skin a bit. Again both look darker in real life. The Maybelline had a nice consistency, but it's SO orange that you can see where it goes over my veins it literally starts looking green!! By the time you blend the l'oreal the outer edges seem to dry up and refuse to darken like the rest. it looks much drier in my pics than it is...i was still able to blend it in quite a bit after this and as I did it kept getting darker and redder 
moon.gif

This is the end result....

The maybelline ended up looking like a poop stain and the L'oreal made me look like a burn victim. Regardless of how well it matches me, does ANYONE aim for their skin to be these colors? 
icon_scratch.gif

I am SOOOO grateful they had testers out for these cause if I had wasted my money to look like that I'd have been pissed. 
I tested the Loreal one in light also but it was too orange for my light medium skin.  I'll stick to my Asian brand BB creams.

I tried the Loreal one in Light also but it turned too orangey on me.  I'll stick to my Asian brand BB creams.

That is too bizarre! It totally looks like you had an allergic reaction to L'Oreal's BB Cream. I actually use that one daily and I adore it! It completely blends into my skin (I am very very fair) and has never changed my skin coloration other than just lightly tinting it to cover blemishes. However, the Maybelline one in these pictures looks just awful lol

This is so strange because I wear loreal bb light(there's also medium) but I'm from England and your packaging looks totally different from ours but I ours deffo don't turn red!! I work in Superdrug (look it up if not sure) and had time to try this out before buying and it deffo didn't go red. They mud make different colours because we're all white white over here lol coz the weather is always poo! So yours must be darker. Loreal hav jus realised some new bb's for anti-dullness, red skin and a blusher. I will test these out tomorrow.

I actually use the maybelline one and I absolutely love it. It is probably one of my top 5 favorites. Although it doesn't look that color at all. Mine is quite brown and when you first see it, you think it is going to be way too dark, however it blends into my fair skin so well you wouldn't know I had anything on.

I use it on my clients too and they love it.

I wonder if some people are having a reaction to it or if there are some batches out there that are bad.

There is also the possibility that the product is fake??

I bought a Loreal mascara off ebay and it turned out to be fake.

It was completely different to my normal mascara and the packaging etc was different. Only mildy different but it was.

When I complained I was told it was part of a fake batch. You wouldn't think people would go to the trouble of faking some of the cheaper brand makeup but they obviously do.

Back