New Lumiere Cashmere Foundation!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by agatapas /img/forum/go_quote.gif Ok I got the samples from Kim. I waited till the weekend to try.I was not expecting a lot but after first and one application I can say I'm in love. The oil control could be a bit better, but still it has great staying power, no chalky effect. Wonderful glow on the skin, stays in right place for a whole day.
I'm going to use all the samples and see if this is working for me, but if yes I'll certainly add one jar of the lumiere to my Meow tubes.

and btw. I was really surprised to get 4 samples instead of one to try. Kim if you are reading that - thank you very much. I hope this foundation will keep working for me, while I love this glowy look on the face, with cashmere foundation.

Yay!!! I am happy that you gottem!
smile.gif
And even MORE happy that its going well too! You're welcome on them as I wanted to be sure you would hopefully find a match! Remember - if you need a little extra oil control try the silk powder over it quick! Personally what I do is spritz my face after I apply my foundation (helps to meld it quickly) and then give a few quick sweeps of the silk powder - lasts ALL day!

Kim
smile.gif

Originally Posted by farris2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif sounds nice but I could never find a match,but the brushes are great The colors will vary a bit from base to base, you may want to try a few samples? we are always here to help too!

Kim
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Lumiere /img/forum/go_quote.gif The colors will vary a bit from base to base, you may want to try a few samples? we are always here to help too!
Kim
smile.gif

kim,
to be honest, im not very good or patient with color mixing, thus i just prefer to ask you directly, hope you're familiar with monave foundation shade coz i'm a perfect "paula" in monave concealer-foundation formula, and would love your shade match suggestion in lumiere cashmere?

thx!

Well I tried cashmere after hearing good reviews on a french forum. I haven't tried the other forumulas, as I heard they didn't have a good staying power.

I must admit, until now I was completely in love with my little potion (-> one thin layer of meow pampered puss, and a second layer with a mix of EM intensive and semi-matte formulas). Cashmere is really great! I layer it with meow pampered (yes, this one is definitely the most comfortable of all!!) instead of my EM mix, and the result is great!

- covering : intermediate

- staying power : very good (I use a primer and silk powder as finishing powder)

- comfort : very good : not itching nor drying, but alone I "feel" it more than my meow

- Result : very good, more glowy than my EM mix.

- Will buy a full size : well.... surely before my EM foundation runs out, but only when my wallet will be ok!

Overall, a very very good one!!

I continue using the cashmere foundation and one of my samples just run out today. I have not changed my mind about this, and definately I need to try to put one layer of pampered puss and than one layer of cashmere.

What I love about this foundation is the fact that for the last few days my skin was extremely sensitive, while I used some glycolic acid peel and then retinoids. I got few very bad dry, red and itching patches on my skin. Futhermore my skin is peeling and especially when I apply a foundaton with the brush its gets worse.

Till today no foundation could really do anything to cover this skin, but now it changed. When I see any dry patches after aplying the cashmere foundation I just put a bit of smashbox photofinish with dermaxyl on the top of foundation and let it soak for a minute. Then I press the flocked sponge to my skin and cover it with silk. Ther result - no visible peeling for the whole day.

Of course it's not a massive peeling which I have right now, but I tend to avoid any massive peeling.

I also use a thermal water to set my foundation and this one melts really easily into the skin. I think that for better coverage using this with Meow pampered puss would be a wonderfull idea, while meow gives a bit more chalky effect.

I'll really buy a full size, however still thinking which shade.

Latest posts

Back