New Mac Stuff

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I had a little MAC haul today that includes:

[*]Powerpoint Eye Pencil-Industry

[*]Powerpoint Eye Pencil-Duck

[*]Powerpoint Eye Pencil-Lilacky

[*]Powerpoint Eye Pencil-Bountiful Brown

[*]Fluidline Eyeliner in Sweet Sage (my first one)

[*]MAC brush #208

[*]Strobe Cream

My problem is I bought strobe Cream because all of the good reviews and comments but I do not know what to do with it. Can anyone help?

Originally Posted by Charmaine Nice haul, Regina! I know Marisol uses Strobe Cream and I believe she said she uses it as a moisturizer. Yes I do. I use it in the mornings before putting on my foundation. A little bit of the cream goes a long way. You will definately like it. I also use it by itself when I dont wear MU. Its a nice pick-me up product.

Originally Posted by LuckyMe Can you see it very well once you have covered it with foundation? I can. It definitely adds a radiance to your face. You could use it with just concealer and put the strobe cream all over.

nice haul! the PPs are great!

you can use it over your moisturizer (under your foundation) if you're on the dry side so that you're not using so much of the strobe cream.

it gives you a dewy/glowy look.

or you can use a little bit in your liquid foundation to thin it out a little bit and you get like a glowy tinted moisturizer thing goin on.
smile.gif

I love Powerpoints! I have Buried Treasure, Bordeauxline, Prussian, Industry, Light As Air, and So There Jade. I still want Lilacky.

My favorite Fluidline is Shade, and I'm thinking about getting Non-Conformist from the Rebel Rock collection.

Enjoy your goodies!

I liked the fluidline in shade also but the new one in the Rebel Rock collection was blue and I try to stay away from blues because of my eye cloor. I did however like Macroviolet!

Originally Posted by spazbaby I love Powerpoints! I have Buried Treasure, Bordeauxline, Prussian, Industry, Light As Air, and So There Jade. I still want Lilacky.
My favorite Fluidline is Shade, and I'm thinking about getting Non-Conformist from the Rebel Rock collection.

Enjoy your goodies!

OK so I was overwhelmed abou the Strobe Cream. I used it this morning and did notice a REAL difference or any more of a difference than if I would have used Stila's all over face shimmer powder so I returned it. Here is what I got instead:

[*]Stereo Rose Mineralize Skin FInish

[*]Porcelain Pink Skin Finish

[*]Provence Pigment

[*]Silverstroke Fluidline

I am really going to have to quit this shopping!

Originally Posted by LuckyMe OK so I was overwhelmed abou the Strobe Cream. I used it this morning and did notice a REAL difference or any more of a difference than if I would have used Stila's all over face shimmer powder so I returned it. Here is what I got instead:[*]Stereo Rose Mineralize Skin FInish

[*]Provence Pigment

Dear LuckyMe,
I have MAC strobe cream and when I first got it, I used it all over my face like the other gals on this site and I broke out. I think it works better as a finishing tool. Once your're all done your makeup, take a small sqeeze and apply it on the high points of your cheek bones. It gives you a dewy glow that cannot be achieved with powder highlighter. If you use it this way, you will definetely see an irredescent glow.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Gamaki

Welcome to MuT, Gamaki! I'm Janelle from NY, nice to meet you!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I vary with my strobe cream... I sometimes will mix it with the foundation, or sometimes use it on after as a highlighter - like you mentioned. Nice sheen...
wink.gif

Originally Posted by LuckyMe OK so I was overwhelmed abou the Strobe Cream. I used it this morning and did notice a REAL difference or any more of a difference than if I would have used Stila's all over face shimmer powder so I returned it. Here is what I got instead:

[*]Provence Pigment

Nice job on the purchases. I think you will love Stereo Rose.

Welcome to MUT Gamaki.

Originally Posted by LuckyMe OK so I was overwhelmed abou the Strobe Cream. I used it this morning and did notice a REAL difference or any more of a difference than if I would have used Stila's all over face shimmer powder so I returned it. Here is what I got instead:

[*]Provence Pigment

aww. too bad you returned it. but i LOVE stereo rose!

Nice Haul Gina!!
claps.gif

I wasn't really sold on the Skin Finishes though... maybe if they use it in the makeover & it looks good I'll get one.. but I'm not really big on shimmery metallic looks..
icon_wink.gif

Well it sounds like you ended up with some nice stuff in the end. The powerpoints are so pretty!

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Welcome to MuT, Gamaki! I'm Janelle from NY, nice to meet you!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I vary with my strobe cream... I sometimes will mix it with the foundation, or sometimes use it on after as a highlighter - like you mentioned. Nice sheen...
wink.gif

Hi Girls! This site definetly has a way of making a girl feel welcome! I am so glad I stumbled upon this site!

I guess the Strobe cream isn't for everyone. One person's HG product can be another person's waste of money. But with all the different options for highlighters out there, the possibilities are endless.

It's nice to meet all of you! MuT is my new favorite site. Where else could I gab about makeup?!...lol

Cheers!~Gamaki
smile.gif

Originally Posted by gamaki Dear LuckyMe,
I have MAC strobe cream and when I first got it, I used it all over my face like the other gals on this site and I broke out. I think it works better as a finishing tool. Once your're all done your makeup, take a small sqeeze and apply it on the high points of your cheek bones. It gives you a dewy glow that cannot be achieved with powder highlighter. If you use it this way, you will definetely see an irredescent glow.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Gamaki

Hello Gamaki and welcome to MUT
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Mac@40 Hello Gamaki and welcome to MUT
smile.gif
Hi Jeanie! I searched high and low for a site like this. I didn't think it existed until a few days ago. What are your favorite MAC items?

Originally Posted by gamaki Hi Jeanie! I searched high and low for a site like this. I didn't think it existed until a few days ago. What are your favorite MAC items? Hello Gamaki!Gosh, my favorite MAC items
icon_question.gif
I love their eyeshadows, lipsticks/liners/glosses, blushes, Studio Fix /Studio Tech, Blot powder, Concealers, and Mac brushes. I also have a few shadesticks, pigments, cream color base, and paints. What else? I guess that's it.

I feel the same way and they put some on me while I was looking at and buying other things. I left, shopped for the day and it looked so good the rest of the day (I was just glowing and my skin looked perfect with it) I had to go back and get it the next day in Gold Deposit. I was definitely thinking I wouldn't like it but I love it---best bronzer ever!

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Nice Haul Gina!!
claps.gif

I wasn't really sold on the Skin Finishes though... maybe if they use it in the makeover & it looks good I'll get one.. but I'm not really big on shimmery metallic looks..
icon_wink.gif

Latest posts

Back