New make up+ new extensions! What do u think? My colors?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi girls!

Yesterday I bought some new make up things. All from cheaper brands like Loreal, Nivea,...! As you know at the moment I am just checking which colors I yould wear!

I also put some extensions in my hair to give a lil bit more color to them!

What do you think:

1.) Are the colors right for me and do they fit to each other?

2.) Have I done anything wrong? Perhaps there are any advices you could give me to make something better (perhaps that I should use a eyeliner or something else)?

3.) I used no foundation, just a tinted cream! Is it enough or do I better have to use a foundation?

I am very excitited for your opinion!!!!

XX,

Sabrina
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I think you look very cute Sabrina. Your eyelashes are really long.

What sort of look were you going for?

Originally Posted by SabrinaGermany Hi girls!
Yesterday I bought some new make up things. All from cheaper brands like Loreal, Nivea,...! As you know at the moment I am just checking which colors I yould wear!

I also put some extensions in my hair to give a lil bit more color to them!

What do you think:

1.) Are the colors right for me and do they fit to each other?

2.) Have I done anything wrong? Perhaps there are any advices you could give me to make something better (perhaps that I should use a eyeliner or something else)?

3.) I used no foundation, just a tinted cream! Is it enough or do I better have to use a foundation?

I am very excitited for your opinion!!!!

XX,

Sabrina
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Hi Sabrina,
You definetely do not need a heavy foundation, your skin is radiant! You look lovely-Great job!:icon_love

Thanx for all your really nice words!!! But aren´t there any things that your expert eyes see on the first look? It would be so great if you could tell me things that I could do a little bit better! I won´t be angry about it! Quite the converse: I would learn to do it better!

Lealabell: Oh, my eyelashes aren´t that long. I use a very cheap mascara from the brand "Manhattan", it makes the lashes longer and thicker.

You asked for the look that I am going to. Well, that is my problem: I don´t know it!

Things that I don´t like that much: my skin is glowing that much. But I like it a lot more when the whole skin is matte and only the cheeks are really glowing. How could I recieve that effect? For the matte skin I need a loose powder I except, but how to make my cheeks shimmering? Is there a good trick?

Originally Posted by SabrinaGermany Thanx for all your really nice words!!! But aren´t there any things that your expert eyes see on the first look? It would be so great if you could tell me things that I could do a little bit better! I won´t be angry about it! Quite the converse: I would learn to do it better!
Lealabell: Oh, my eyelashes aren´t that long. I use a very cheap mascara from the brand "Manhattan", it makes the lashes longer and thicker.

You asked for the look that I am going to. Well, that is my problem: I don´t know it!

Things that I don´t like that much: my skin is glowing that much. But I like it a lot more when the whole skin is matte and only the cheeks are really glowing. How could I recieve that effect? For the matte skin I need a loose powder I except, but how to make my cheeks shimmering? Is there a good trick?

I think the look u have going closely resembles that of Sarah Michelle Gellar's makeup, who u could pass for as a twin
smile.gif
I don't think there's a problem with a little glow. You have great skin. Enjoy it
smile.gif

@iloveparis: So nice to hear that. I am confused that some of you say that I look like Sarah Michell Gellar. I never heard that comparison before. It´s a very big compliment! Thank you!
icon_smile.gif

It´s not the eye look that I primary want to recieve. But I am to stupid to put on a smokey eye look. So often I looked at Trishas tutorial for smokey eyes, but it always looks like I am big crumbly!
icon_sad.gif
It looks horrible. But I am working this out.

Thank u all!!!!

Originally Posted by SabrinaGermany How could I recieve that effect? For the matte skin I need a loose powder I except, but how to make my cheeks shimmering? Is there a good trick? If you want matt skin you probably need to use a foundation with more coverage as tinted moisturisers tend to leave you looking a bit dewy.
You will also need to use powder of some kind, loose gives more coverage (I use it without foundation), pressed powder is good for touching up when you get shiny during the day.

To get shimmering cheeks you can use blusher with a bit of shimmer in it.

You can also use a hightligher (lighter blush, or cream) on your cheekbones.

I like to use a separate higlighter as it's easier to control than shimmery blusher. I use a cream one so I can use my fingers and feel along my cheekbones when I'm applying it. you need to be careful with shimmer though as a little can go a long way.

Hope this helps Sabrina.

for a little smokey look, you can smudge your eye liner a bit.

but everything looks great!

Leabell: Thank you! I will try that in in the next days! I like this style of really glossy cheeks. I often tried to put on a creamy highlighter, but ever I do so my whole foundation spread and gets splotchy. What do I do wrong?

Perhaps it would be the better way for me to use a blush highlighter. On the board I read that you can also use Mac Pigments on your cheeks for a good gleam. How do I apply that and which color do I have to use for that effect??
icon_question.gif

I don´t know what I would do without the help from all you girls on the forum!
icon_exclaim.gif

Hi Sabrina,

I think you have such a youthful pretty glow that adding a ton of powder onto your face might make your face appear more flat. Stila all over shimmer would be great to add that look you are after for your cheeks. MAC makes a good one too. But the pigments would give a great affect as well, as long as you are careful with your application as they tend to migrate all over the face quite easily. The good thing about them is that they can also be used in various other ways. And, like LEA said, a little shimmer goes a long way.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I think your makeup looks great, but like you said, I like it better when only the cheeks are shimmery/glowy.

I thought you looked like Sarah Michelle Gellar too when I first saw your pic. I love the eyeshadow and your skin is so soft and glowy!! What tinted moisturizer did you use?

Originally Posted by SabrinaGermany I often tried to put on a creamy highlighter, but ever I do so my whole foundation spread and gets splotchy. What do I do wrong? How soon after putting your foundation on do you put the cream higlighter on?
If you put it on before you give your foundation chance to set you could move it around by putting on the highlighter. If so, just wait a couple of minutes for your foundation to settle and do your eyes or lips whilst you wait.

If this doesn't help it could be that the ingredients in your highlighter and foundation don't work well together.

Originally Posted by SabrinaGermany Perhaps it would be the better way for me to use a blush highlighter. On the board I read that you can also use Mac Pigments on your cheeks for a good gleam. How do I apply that and which color do I have to use for that effect??
icon_question.gif
A narrow blush brush would be good for that, you don't want to put too much on, but you could use a normal blush brush, but not put highlighter on the whole brush. Like I said before, a little shimmer goes a long way.
I've look at the MAC pigment shades and I like Vanilla and Fairylight.

I personally prefer the Stila All Over Shimmer Powders in *8 and *13 or Benefit's Highbeam which is like a cross between a cream and a liquid.

Hope this helps.

I think you look really nice.

I do think you should try to find an other color for your base, it doesn´t really match your neck. It´s not a big miss match, but I think you would look even better with another color.

For a little more matte effect you don´t have to use loose powder which I think are a little harder to apply nicely if your not used to it. You could get a nice tranceparent pressed powder as well, but you have to use a large brush to apply it with also make sure you tap off excess powder before you apply just a tiny bit should be enough if you don´t want a completely matte skin or have oily skin problems. This way you should be able to get a little shine away but still don´t look like you´re wearing a lot of powder.

//Jenny

Tussan: It´s so hard to find a foundation color that seems to be right with my skin. Is there any foundation that you would recommend me? By fact my skin is very, very dry. I always have to use a moisturizer before doing anything else. When I use matte Make Ups they often dry my skin out and it looks like I got little dandraffs on my skin. That´s why I mostly take only tintes moisturize creams as foundation. But I would be so happy if I could find some matte Make up. Which brand is good? I have hear so much about Mac Studio Tech and Mac Select. Are they okay with dry skin? Which color do I have to choose?

Lealabell: I guess you are so right. My foundation does not work with my highlighter. I use a creamy highlighter AFTER putting on my foundation. And it really does not work. It would dbe the best way for me to choose a shimmer that I can apply as a powder. The Stila shimmery powder seems to be so great but is not available here in germany. I never saw Stila products here.
icon_sad.gif

So I will try the thing with the Mac pigments. Thank you for all your patience Lealabell! Good to know about the difference beetween loose and pressed powder-> I never made me thoughts about it.

Liz: smudge the eyeliner? Okay! That maybe a good trick for me. I always use black or grey eyeshadows to create that look. Perhaps I will post a pic in the next day of my "failed smokey eyes" and you could tell me what I did wrong!

Trisha: I bought Vanilla pigments on ebay immediately, so I will try that in the next week!!!!!
icon_wink.gif

gamaki: Seems as if I have to be very careful with the pigments. Oh oh that is a typical pitfall for me. I am very awkward in those things.
icon_rolleyes.gif
But I will try it !!!

Have a nice day!!! You are all fabulous! ! !

Sabrina

Latest posts

Back