NEW Maybelline MegaPlush Mascara; Thoughts?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This mascara seems to be some sort of a big deal; it had a HUGE display at Target. I grabbed one because I naturally couldn't resist, and now I'm wondering what everyone else thinks! I've only used it once so far, but here are my initial thoughts:

-I was pleasantly surprised that it didn't smell bad! Some of Maybelline's best mascaras have a terrible smell to them, which is pretty much a dealbreaker for me

-The wand seemed SUPER flimsy. And the bristles were quite spidery, actually. I was a little afraid that my lashes would turn out the same way after applying mascara.... that is, if the flimsy bristles could actually get it on!

-It did apply pretty well, though my lashes are a teensy spidery. You be the judge!

Here are my pics:

BEFORE applying (my lashes have already been curled though):

AFTER applying:

The wand:

Haven't tried it.. I think it looks cool. I don't care about lengthening or volumizing mascaras cos my lashes are super long already. I tried one by one but it made my lashes look rediculous and soo long. It flaked a lot too.. Id like to try this..

I picked one up because I was intrigued, but I've yet to try it. I think it's time to bust it out and give it a go. I'll let you guys know what I think.

Generally I'm impressed with Maybelline mascaras, but unfortunately I didn't like this one. The lengthening was okay but volumizing was non-existent. I think this may have been due to the flexible brush head, I just couldn't get a good hold on my lashes. It didn't look light enough for a natural look though, so I will not repurchase.

I felt like the brush was really flimsy and delicate. I feel like it may just break off one day. I couldn't really get a good hold on my lashes with this. 

I tested it out and didn't like it.  I was excited about the new gel formula but it seemed to make my lashes appear thinner.  They were softer but you could barely tell I had on mascara. I don't think it's a maybelline trend because out of my top 5 favorite mascaras 4 of them are by maybelline. 

Originally Posted by Adrienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I tested it out and didn't like it.  I was excited about the new gel formula but it seemed to make my lashes appear thinner.  They were softer but you could barely tell I had on mascara. I don't think it's a maybelline trend because out of my top 5 favorite mascaras 4 of them are by maybelline. 
Same experience I had. You could barely tell I had mascara on. I think the problem is that wand. I am thinking of testing the mascara with a different wand.

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Same experience I had. You could barely tell I had mascara on. I think the problem is that wand. I am thinking of testing the mascara with a different wand.
Same here. I like the formula, but I found that the bend in the wand makes it really difficult to get a good grip on my lashes.

Latest posts

Back