New MUT server specs

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Even though some of you won't understand this stuff, I thought I would share with you all the new MUT webserver specs. This server will go online tomorrow at 11am Eastern time and by the end of the day, you should all be seeing it online.
icon_cool.gif

Server Setup:

Dual 3.06Ghz Intel Xeon processors (previously single 3.2Ghz P4), 2GB of RAM and all SCSI disks (previously, only the web files were served off SCSI drives. Database, email, etc were on IDE drives before). With the dual processor and all-SCSI arrangement, performance should definitely be improved.
icon_eek.gif

We will also now have gigabit ethernet instead of 100MB so we should all see a nice speed improvement. Mostly from broadband(cable/DSL) users

Happy Mut'ing!

Yay speed
icon_cheesygrin.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Even though some of you won't understand this stuff, I thought I would share with you all the new MUT webserver specs. This server will go online tomorrow at 11am Eastern time and by the end of the day, you should all be seeing it online.
icon_cool.gif

Server Setup:

Dual 3.06Ghz Intel Xeon processors (previously single 3.2Ghz P4), 2GB of RAM and all SCSI disks (previously, only the web files were served off SCSI drives. Database, email, etc were on IDE drives before). With the dual processor and all-SCSI arrangement, performance should definitely be improved.
icon_eek.gif

We will also now have gigabit ethernet instead of 100MB so we should all see a nice speed improvement. Mostly from broadband(cable/DSL) users

Happy Mut'ing!

i noticed that sometimes the pages take awhile to load. and sometimes i have to click the refresh button because it gets stuck or something.

looking forward to the new server
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Liz

i noticed that sometimes the pages take awhile to load. and sometimes i have to click the refresh button because it gets stuck or something.
looking forward to the new server
smile.gif

Hopefully that fixes it. Remember, MuT has many things going on at once
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Hopefully that fixes it. Remember, MuT has many things going on at once
smile.gif
yeah, there's a lot of things that have to load up.

woohoo. is that 17-year-old boy who comes into the chat every once in awhile doing it? what's his name again? rob?

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Even though some of you won't understand this stuff, I thought I would share with you all the new MUT webserver specs. Server Setup:

icon_eek.gif

Happy Mut'ing!

Yep, I don't understand, because I'm not a dab at computers at all
biggrin.gif
Although this server works well
wink.gif
if new one is faster/better, I have to say- awesome!
tongue.gif

Thanks leader
biggrin.gif
:icon_love

I'm loving the Gig Ethernet
wink.gif

Very impressive setup ya got there, T !! Lemme guess, Dell right? lol
wink.gif

Latest posts

Back