new perfume

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm thinking about buying Philosophy's Amazing grace perfume -- love the soft scent! My BF, however, does not like it, boo! Sigh... do I get it or not?? I've been looking FOREVER for a perfume that doesn't go funky once it mixes with my skin. I like this one a lot, so what do you think?

What if you were to get a sample to see how it mixes with your body chemistry (to see if you really like it)and give your bf time to adjust to it?

Originally Posted by Joyeuux I'm thinking about buying Philosophy's Amazing grace perfume -- love the soft scent! My BF, however, does not like it, boo! Sigh... do I get it or not?? I've been looking FOREVER for a perfume that doesn't go funky once it mixes with my skin. I like this one a lot, so what do you think? My HG perfume & "signature scent" is Pure Grace... I love it - and could really care less what bf thinks, because everyone else likes it too (but he likes it - although he really could care less what perfume I wear) But I say if YOU like it... then go for it!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Yea, I took a sample at Nordies yesterday & the scent didn't change on me at all! I like it, but both my roommate and BF said "ehh, not so much." But I'm thinking I should just go with my own instincts.

Originally Posted by charms23 I've never smelled the Amazing Grace perfume, but I once got a sample of Amazing grace shampoo from Sephora. It smelled so good. Why don't you try the shampoo? It still makes you smell good but you won't have to worry about the scent changing if you sweat or something. Ooh, I didn't know there was a shampoo too!! Thanks for the info Charmaine!

Originally Posted by Joyeuux Ooh, I didn't know there was a shampoo too!! Thanks for the info Charmaine! Oh yeah! I think they have a body wash/ bath gel too! Have to check it out (Sephora has them online if you wanna browse!) Sometimes you can get stuff a bit cheaper if you buy it as a whole 'gift' set
smile.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Oh yeah! I think they have a body wash/ bath gel too! Have to check it out (Sephora has them online if you wanna browse!) Sometimes you can get stuff a bit cheaper if you buy it as a whole 'gift' set
smile.gif
Gail sent me the body scrub, which is what set me off into looking for the perfume! Maybe I'll have to splurge on some Philosophy goodies soon.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Joyeuux Gail sent me the body scrub, which is what set me off into looking for the perfume! Maybe I'll have to splurge on some Philosophy goodies soon.
smile.gif
I have Pure Grace, and Baby Grace... Baby grace is nice... but it fades fast on me - smells kinda like Violets. Pure grace... I can drown in that stuff!! mmm mmm mmm! I don't remember Amazing Grace - but I'm sure it's nice... they all are!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Emma1980 Personally, Amazing Grace and Pure Grace don't smell like much to me ... too soft? The only Philosophy fragrance I care for is Falling in Love. But the real thing fades way too fast on me, so I layer with my fav e-tailer body lotions/butters in their Falling in Love dupe. Works great!
~Em

Yeah they are kinda light - but I guess thats what I seem to like about them ! lol
wink.gif
Falling in Love is nice too - I have a small roll-on bottle of that... smells kinda like cotton candy! lol :icon_love

Amazing grace is too lite to me...I didn't like it when i was trying the sample...
icon_confused.gif
you...Yea i like their body wash....I used it for while...

ive never tried it. can you guys explain what it smell like to me? is it similar to the "clean" scents?

Originally Posted by Haloinrverse ive never tried it. can you guys explain what it smell like to me? is it similar to the "clean" scents? It's smells like clean as matter affect more higher v scents but I didn't like it though it was lite...neither my mom

Originally Posted by Emma1980 Personally, Amazing Grace and Pure Grace don't smell like much to me ... too soft? The only Philosophy fragrance I care for is Falling in Love. But the real thing fades way too fast on me, so I layer with my fav e-tailer body lotions/butters in their Falling in Love dupe. Works great!
~Em

I like really soft, clean scents --- so I actually don't really like Philosophy's Falling in Love.
I'm awful at describing scents... maybe someone else can accurately describe Amazing Grace. Can't put my finger on what it is but can only describe it as soft & clean.

I have been wearing ALL the Philosophy scents for years now...I love them all..BUT...they do not last long enough for me. I am trying to find a scent just like those that last longer. I can't find them though...any suggestions?

I was in the Chicago airport waiting for a cab....a wonderfull looking man in an Armani suit came up to me and said "Are u married?"...I said "yes"....he said "Your husband is a lucky man....you smell great!" That is my Amazing Grace story! LOL

Hugs Ya'll!

I have trouble finding scents that last on me too. I like Victorias Secret Heavenly and Maybe Baby by Benefit and I love them both but they don't last past lunch. I have tired DKNY Be Delicious and I love it and it does seem to last. I have even tried layering these with lotions and shower gels and the only one that seems to last is Be Delicious. I have smelled this on several people and I think this is just a perfume that mixes with most peoples chemistry.

I like clean, fresh scents. Nothing too musky or powerful. They just make me nauseous and/or give me headaches. I still love CK Eternity, Tommy Girl, Clinique Happy as go-to's when I can't decide. I've been using those since freshman year of highschool. Moschino's OH smells like you just stepped out of the shower and FCUK Her is really light and sexy. I was given RL Blue (showerfresh) and FCUK Her recently and they both smell very nice. When using Blue, a little goes along way. I've tried Be Delicious and liked it, but didn't really last on me, faded pretty quickly.

Any suggestions for some new fragrances that are fresh, light and crisp?

Originally Posted by Pinkymarz I have been wearing ALL the Philosophy scents for years now...I love them all..BUT...they do not last long enough for me. I am trying to find a scent just like those that last longer. I can't find them though...any suggestions?
I was in the Chicago airport waiting for a cab....a wonderfull looking man in an Armani suit came up to me and said "Are u married?"...I said "yes"....he said "Your husband is a lucky man....you smell great!" That is my Amazing Grace story! LOL

Hugs Ya'll!

Adding that perfume to my list of things to try just because of this story.
tongue.gif

Latest posts

Back