New Powder

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Can any one recommend a good face powder? I have combo skin and find it hard to not have a shiny face by noon no matter what I use!

Thanks!!

Originally Posted by butterflyblue Can any one recommend a good face powder? I have combo skin and find it hard to not have a shiny face by noon no matter what I use!
Thanks!!

My favorite is Laura Mercier loose powder. They have two different sizes: a full size and a mini size that you can put in your purse. They even have a mini-puff so you can do touch-ups on the go. My skin is extremely oily, so no matter which powder I use, I always have to do touch ups. I have to do fewer touch ups when I use Laura Mercier powder (than other brands).

Originally Posted by devinjhans i use mac blot powder. Me too!
biggrin.gif
Love it!!

Tony and Tina Rice Powder... it may be a hard to find item but you will love it.

Oh, time to promote my favorite product: CoverGirl Professional Loose Powder! I've tried several loose powders in both department store and drugstore brands, and this is by far the best AND the cheapest at only $5! It's the only one that keeps my face matte for any significant amount of time!
smile.gif

My dermatologist told me to only wear loose powders so I don't know anything about pressed powders, though I've heard good things about Mac Blot. (My dermatologist said that all pressed powders contain oils that are used to press the powder into the compact and those oils can clog your face, but there are some makeup artists on this board that say some pressed powders are perfectly safe for oily skin, so whatever! lol)

I have to second MAC Blot Powder. It's the only powder that I've found that can stand up to a Gulf Coast summer day.

Thanks a lot everyone! I am going shopping today!

Originally Posted by Trisha my faves (and im oily, acne prone)
PRESSED:

Stila Sheer Colour Powder

Becca Pressed Powder

LOOSE:

Becca Fine Loose Finishing Powder

Originally Posted by butterflyblue Thanks a lot everyone! I am going shopping today! Great let us now what you get!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Latest posts

Back