New to benefit and like what im seeing:)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey girls i was checking out benefits online site and they have alot of cool stuff,the only thing ive tried from them is their bad gal lash which is awesome.

Im interested in their georgia peach pallette.What would you guys recommend for a newbie?I am really trying to expand my makeup collection,i like mac but its just not doing much for me lately,so im venturing on to find a new love
smile.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif

dandelion is a pretty blush

scarlette and benebaby are benefit MAs, so they'd be the best at giving you some info.

Originally Posted by Charmaine Hey that's funny Gwen, me too! I received their new catalog yesterday and I was finding some things that look really interesting, including their new eye and lip palettes! i know ,there are some really cute stuff,i love the pacaging so pinup style.i wanna try thier lemon aid eye stuff,dandelion blush i hear is amazing,also the she laq,its suppose to keep your makeup in its place,and it comes with diferent apllication brushes for only 24 dollars,oh boy im feeling some lemmings.lol

I like the Eye Bright pencil. A little bit on the inner corners of my eyes really makes me look awake even though I get up at 5 am every day.

The Maybe Baby perfume is also really nice. I've been thinking of getting the Maybe Baby shimmer body lotion as well.

Boo Boo Zap is also a pretty decent acne spot treatment that you can carry with you and it's invisible even when you apply it over makeup. I find that it's also soothing if you have one of those deep zits that are so painful.

I tried the Bathina Body So Fine and Touch Me Then Try To Leave body cream. They smell nice but I was not overly impressed with either one.

Georgia did nothing for me. I gave it to Janelle and I think she liked it. The items that I have from Benefit that I like are:

Benetint

Dandelion powder

Hoola

Lip plump

Oh La La Lift

Dr Feel Good

Moon Beam/High Beam

Brow ZIngs - love it!

She Laq is awesome too!

I was a big fan of Lemon AId and FY Eye but it creases on me now. I think they changed their formula. Gosh... I have a lot of Benefit stuff. Check out the coupon I posted for free shipping.

Originally Posted by Marisol Georgia did nothing for me. I gave it to Janelle and I think she liked it. The items that I have from Benefit that I like are:Benetint

Dandelion powder

Hoola

Lip plump

Oh La La Lift

Dr Feel Good

Moon Beam/High Beam

Brow ZIngs - love it!

She Laq is awesome too!

I was a big fan of Lemon AId and FY Eye but it creases on me now. I think they changed their formula. Gosh... I have a lot of Benefit stuff. Check out the coupon I posted for free shipping.

Thanks Marisol for the heads up
smile.gif

Originally Posted by spazbaby I like the Eye Bright pencil. A little bit on the inner corners of my eyes really makes me look awake even though I get up at 5 am every day.
The Maybe Baby perfume is also really nice. I've been thinking of getting the Maybe Baby shimmer body lotion as well.

Boo Boo Zap is also a pretty decent acne spot treatment that you can carry with you and it's invisible even when you apply it over makeup. I find that it's also soothing if you have one of those deep zits that are so painful.

I tried the Bathina Body So Fine and Touch Me Then Try To Leave body cream. They smell nice but I was not overly impressed with either one.

thanks spazbaby,been wanting to try thr zaparella stuff
smile.gif

Oh yeah!! The Georgia powder is really nice!! I really don't see much as far as color... but I like the finish of it a lot... you can see a slight tint of peach - definitely worth testing if you go! (Thanks Marisol!!)
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I also have Moon Beam & the Mr. Frosty pencil (Thanks to Pauline! :icon_love ) and they are both great too!! So far I'm liking everything I've tried from Benefit!
wink.gif

I want to try the Lemon-Aid next...
smile.gif

I have the Lip Plump (thanx for the rec Trisha!) - i really like this as a base before putting on nude colours. I love it under my fave nude gloss - Stila Praline lipglaze.

Originally Posted by Bhav I have the Lip Plump (thanx for the rec Trisha!) - i really like this as a base before putting on nude colours. I love it under my fave nude gloss - Stila Praline lipglaze. does it plump.or is it just a good base?

Originally Posted by nydoll23 does it plump.or is it just a good base? I've not noticed any plumping action, but it is a really good base. And you have to use such a tiny amount that the tube would last ages!

Originally Posted by Bhav I've not noticed any plumping action, but it is a really good base. And you have to use such a tiny amount that the tube would last ages! oh ok,terrific
smile.gif

Hey there! I am currently in the process of a Benefit tutorials website.. I will demonstrate proper usage of our products, tricks, etc. It should be FUN! If you are going to try anything, try these:

-You Rebel tinted moisturizer (slightly tan, SPF 15, new formula)

-Get Even Powder #2

-Brow Zing (wax and powder combo for perfect brows, new formula)

-Lemon Aid or FY Eye shadow base. If your lids are super greasy, get the FY Eye. Some people use both. Lemon Aid first and then the FY Eye.

-Our new shadow palettes... awesome. Similar to MAC Mythology and Nylon frosts. 3 eyeshadows for $20!!

-Babe Cake liner palette. Dark brown and Black. Awesome stuff.

-Bad Gal lash or the Plush mascara for less thickness.

-Onyx pencil liner.. the best black e/l KOHL pencil I've tried.

-Dandelion blush or Benetint with High Beam on cheekbones.

-Lip Plump! Makes my liner go on so much better!

-Our new lip creme palettes.. they are great! Limited Edition!

-She Laq.. I can't live without it. It's a makeup sealant!

-High Brow and Speed brow = fierce brows

Besides makeup, try:

-The Wonderbod stuff.. it's awesome. I love Bum Deal and the Wondermitt!!! (To help with my Brazillian waxing ingrown hairs)

-Wooosh! Foaming face wash.. excellent face wash. Takes all the makeup off in like two seconds!

-Galactic Sheild is a concealer with acne medication.. love that!

-Maybe Baby fragrance! It's our signature.

We are coming out with TONS of really cool stuff.. you will freak! I already did!

Hi!!! So happy to see people talking about and loving Benefit
tongue.gif
Scarlette and I are BFF's and partners in crime with Benefit. Here's what I literally will die without....

FYeye-keeps my shadow on for longer than cosmetically possible.

Lemon-Aid-For shadows that are vibrant and true. I layer this over FYeye.

Dandelion- A fool-proof, #1 selling face brightening powder.

BrowZing- People will wonder how your brows got sooo fierce. Wax and powder kit w/ mini brushes and tweezers.

BeneTint- Pretty much the best cheekstain ever made. X's on the apples of the cheeks and a little on the lips. Put Kiss Me Gloss over it....HOT.

Maybe Baby- The only fragrance my man will let me wear. He said it smells like a "real sexy lady"

Touch Me Cream- the name says it all. You will want to touch yourself all day. Wow that sounds a little naughty....

There is soooo much more, but I don't want your head and your pocketbook to explode. Page me with any questions
icon_lol.gif
Good Luck!

oohhh... checked out the Benefit site and it looks intrigueing... i'm a sucker for stuff with really cute packaging.. Of course the closest counter is over an hour away so I'm going to have to rely on the resident experts!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Scarlette Hey there! I am currently in the process of a Benefit tutorials website.. I will demonstrate proper usage of our products, tricks, etc. It should be FUN! If you are going to try anything, try these:
-You Rebel tinted moisturizer (slightly tan, SPF 15, new formula)

-Get Even Powder #2

-Brow Zing (wax and powder combo for perfect brows, new formula)

-Lemon Aid or FY Eye shadow base. If your lids are super greasy, get the FY Eye. Some people use both. Lemon Aid first and then the FY Eye.

-Our new shadow palettes... awesome. Similar to MAC Mythology and Nylon frosts. 3 eyeshadows for $20!!

-Babe Cake liner palette. Dark brown and Black. Awesome stuff.

-Bad Gal lash or the Plush mascara for less thickness.

-Onyx pencil liner.. the best black e/l KOHL pencil I've tried.

-Dandelion blush or Benetint with High Beam on cheekbones.

-Lip Plump! Makes my liner go on so much better!

-Our new lip creme palettes.. they are great! Limited Edition!

-She Laq.. I can't live without it. It's a makeup sealant!

-High Brow and Speed brow = fierce brows

Besides makeup, try:

-The Wonderbod stuff.. it's awesome. I love Bum Deal and the Wondermitt!!! (To help with my Brazillian waxing ingrown hairs)

-Wooosh! Foaming face wash.. excellent face wash. Takes all the makeup off in like two seconds!

-Galactic Sheild is a concealer with acne medication.. love that!

-Maybe Baby fragrance! It's our signature.

We are coming out with TONS of really cool stuff.. you will freak! I already did!

Thanks a bunch Scarlette!!!!!!!!!I cant wait to see that website,i love the way you apply makeup,reminds me of 50's pinup,so classic and beautiful.
smile.gif
smile.gif

Originally Posted by BeneBaby Hi!!! So happy to see people talking about and loving Benefit
tongue.gif
Scarlette and I are BFF's and partners in crime with Benefit. Here's what I literally will die without....
FYeye-keeps my shadow on for longer than cosmetically possible.

Lemon-Aid-For shadows that are vibrant and true. I layer this over FYeye.

Dandelion- A fool-proof, #1 selling face brightening powder.

BrowZing- People will wonder how your brows got sooo fierce. Wax and powder kit w/ mini brushes and tweezers.

BeneTint- Pretty much the best cheekstain ever made. X's on the apples of the cheeks and a little on the lips. Put Kiss Me Gloss over it....HOT.

Maybe Baby- The only fragrance my man will let me wear. He said it smells like a "real sexy lady"

Touch Me Cream- the name says it all. You will want to touch yourself all day. Wow that sounds a little naughty....

There is soooo much more, but I don't want your head and your pocketbook to explode. Page me with any questions
icon_lol.gif
Good Luck!

Thanks Benebaby!!!!!!!!That browkit,is that how you guys eye brows are so awesome?I f so thats definetly something i want to get!!!!!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

i will update once i ca make it to the mall,very excited
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I just bought the Touch Me Then Try To Leave Body Cream. It is the best stuff. My husband even asked me what kind of lotion I was using. Very light, but nice scent.

Latest posts

Back