New to Stila, help please

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey ladies i was just checking out our pic gallery here on mut and i love Trisha's collection of es!I have not tried one product form Stila and i keep hearing how awesome it is.As a first time buyer,i am going on fri or sat to do my first buy,

what would you suggest for a newbie.So far i think i will get punch lipgloss,i seen it in the pic gallery and i love the color.Also i want to know how the glosses feel and wear.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Thank you girls!!!!

Originally Posted by Charmaine My very first Stila purchase was the Grape Fruit Lip Glaze and I love i! It's the perfect summer shade. It goes on pretty sheer but you can build up the color to make it more intense. I got it pretty cheap at a CCO for only $14 but I believe it's $20 regularly. My second item from Stila is the Smudge Pot in black and I am loving that too! It really stays put and doesn't move all day. It's also very easy to apply!
is the smudge pot like mac fliudlines?thanks for you reply
wink.gif

i'm starting to get into stila stuff also!

so far i only have star fruit lip glaze and mango eye shadow.

the lip glaze is great. i love that it has like a brush bristles on it. they're kind of sticky and mine has like a little tingle to it. i don't know if that's how it is for all of the glazes.

trisha says that the smudge pots are great and that they have a lot of staying power.

kitten eye shadow is their best seller. so that might be one to check out/buy.

Originally Posted by Liz i'm starting to get into stila stuff also!
so far i only have star fruit lip glaze and mango eye shadow.

the lip glaze is great. i love that it has like a brush bristles on it. they're kind of sticky and mine has like a little tingle to it. i don't know if that's how it is for all of the glazes.

trisha says that the smudge pots are great and that they have a lot of staying power.

kitten eye shadow is their best seller. so that might be one to check out/buy.

Thanks girls, i feel a new addiction coming on,lol. i love mac but i want to try something new!i think i have suported mac long enough.
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Charmaine I know! I'm thinking about going into other mu lines too, that's why I decided to buy some Stila stuff...baby steps...baby steps...
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Exactly!!!I figure if Trisha works there,they have to have some great stuff,and i dont want to limit myself.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
This lil haul im planning will be for my wedding anni.My husband asked me what i wanted and then he siad oh wait let me guess makeup?I knew i married the right man,lol
wink.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by nydoll23 Thanks girls, i feel a new addiction coming on,lol. i love mac but i want to try something new!i think i have suported mac long enough.
wink.gif
biggrin.gif
hehe. yeah. i'm tired of the mac stuff that's in their permanent line. there's only a few things that i want, but i'll get some of those from the free standing store to get the pans.

Originally Posted by Trisha Those are just my faves at the moment, so if you have any specific questions, just ask me! x
Thank you Trisha, i am going to write that down right now,i am so interested in seeing this 50's style red,how cool!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Trisha Cranberry is a currant red rather than being a fire engine red colour! I love it! x
I wear it a lot esp when i need a pick-me-up or ive gone for light eyes!

Oh i do love when you do a red lip ,light eye combo,looks so classy and elegant!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
wink.gif

The only things I've tried and loved from Stila have been the e/s and smudgepots. I've tried the Lip Glazes, but I just prefer MAC's lipglass and lustreglass. Anyways, my faves are...

e/s:

Moonlight

Twilight

Kitten

Wheat

Oasis

Sun

Jezebel

Twig

Diamond Lil

Smudgepot in Black

Hope this helps and have fun shopping!!

oooh. i gotta write those down! thanks Trisha! if you lived in California and worked at Stila b me, I would always go buy stuff from you!!!

Trisha: do you like the charcoal AOS? I have it, but I'm not sure how to use it.

I'm really starting to get into Stila too. I'm a little bored of MAC, and Stila have some great colours with fab textures.

I have:

Kitten

Jezebel

Twig

Pewter

Diamond Lil

Lame

Chime

Both sets of lipglaze doubles from 2004 - great way to try lots of colours and decide which ones i like!

Magnolia and Gladiola CC's.

And 2 AOS - can't remember the numbers, but the charcoal one and a neutral/bronze one

Oh, and I have the 2004 xmas brush set that came in a roll!!

Let us know what you end up getting!

Originally Posted by Liz Trisha: do you like the charcoal AOS? I have it, but I'm not sure how to use it. Hi Liz, I've got this!
I use it for a smoky look - in the outer 'v' area, or i use it as a liner.

HTH!

Originally Posted by nydoll23 Hey ladies i was just checking out our pic gallery here on mut and i love Trisha's collection of es!I have not tried one product form Stila and i keep hearing how awesome it is.As a first time buyer,i am going on fri or sat to do my first buy,what would you suggest for a newbie.So far i think i will get punch lipgloss,i seen it in the pic gallery and i love the color.Also i want to know how the glosses feel and wear.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Thank you girls!!!!

I LOVE STILA!! you should start off with their bronzer since it's summer!! I have it in shade #1 and I absolutely love it!! It makes my face look so flawless and natural! It brings me back to life!! lol!!! Then you can also use the stila all over shimmer face illuminator in *9 (rosy shade) and put it on top of your bronzer and let me tell you I just love my face right now!!! Then of course you cannot leave the couter without a lip glaze or lip pot !! Hope this helps!! :icon_love

Originally Posted by smallpuppy I LOVE STILA!! you should start off with their bronzer since it's summer!! I have it in shade #1 and I absolutely love it!! It makes my face look so flawless and natural! It brings me back to life!! lol!!! Then you can also use the stila all over shimmer face illuminator in *9 (rosy shade) and put it on top of your bronzer and let me tell you I just love my face right now!!! Then of course you cannot leave the couter without a lip glaze or lip pot !! Hope this helps!! :icon_love
Thanks girl,I love bronzer so i definetly have to check that out!I am really excited to try the lip glazes.I am not really a lipstick person.Thanks for the info
wink.gif

Well here goes with what I have from Stila (faves in bold):

l/s - natalie, sofia, cynthia, denise, becky LE, lara, sonya, wendy

lipglaze - both VIP sets, gold, silver, grape, pomegranate, lychee, lemongrass, starfruit, berry, plum, grapefruit, strawberry, orange, tangerine, cranberry, black cherry

lip rouge - pout, pucker

convertible colour - rose, petunia

rouge pot - sweet pea (mega scary bright red in the pot but looks fab on)

lash'n'line - black

sheer colour face powder

pivitol sun - shade #1 (I think this has been discontinued which is a shame 'cos I only just bought it and I love it. It's like a bronzer stamp pad that you press your fingers/brush on put on like foundation, much better than powder bronzer which sticks to my dry patches)

e/s - moonlight, pewter, vanity fair set, daffodil, kahlo, kiwi, vine, jade, mystic, kitten, starlight, icon, launey, jezebel, la douce, barefoot contessa, pigalle, heather, grace, golightly, diamond lil, poise, viola, cloud, sable, tone, fog, rain, ecru, java, mood, eden, chinois,azure, poopy, storm, platinum (looks blah in the pan, but is platinum when you put it on), sapphire, potpourri, twilight, shore

smudgepots - black, grey (they should name them don't budge pots!)

eye pots - honey, amber, smoke

I think that's it, I should really take photos!

Originally Posted by sommergirl Hi everyone! I am new here & I love Mut. You give such helpful advice. Here's my little Stila 2 cents worth-I love the eye shadows, they go on smooth & blend flawlessly on my lids,( I prime my lids with Clinique touch base #17-nude rose). I am a LOT older than you girls so I stick to the neutral colors (lol), they have alot of staying power. I can NOT live without my # 15 brush! Welcome Sommergirl! I'm Janelle, nice to meet ya'
wink.gif
I only have one lipglaze... but I'm also interested now in the shadows (kitten, ebony & stalight - thanks to Trisha's FOTD's
wink.gif
) and I'm now liking what i'm hearing about the bronzers!!! Uh -oh ---- lemmings! I feel lemmings!!!
icon_eek.gif

Originally Posted by Liz so far i only have star fruit lip glaze and mango eye shadow.the lip glaze is great. i love that it has like a brush bristles on it. they're kind of sticky and mine has like a little tingle to it. i don't know if that's how it is for all of the glazes.

Mine tingle too.. some more than others. Don't know why. At first I thought that it was a bit annoying but now I have gotten used to it.

Originally Posted by Trisha Dont worry Lea, Pivotal Sun/Skin is being relaunced its not going anywhere! x I've seen the relaunched pivitol skin on the website, but I can't find the relaunched pivitol sun
icon_sad.gif

Latest posts

Back