New US Dollar Coin?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone else just find out there's a new US dollar coin? Just went to the post office and bought some stamps in the machine.. Love getting dollar coins.. But instead of the old SBA or Sacajwia (spelling?. Lol). Out pops a bunch of these new ones.. Lighter, silvery, Thomas Jefferson on one side and the Statue of Liberty on the other.. I must have missed the email or something!! Hahaha

Karren

Originally Posted by Karren_Hutton /img/forum/go_quote.gif Anyone else just find out there's a new US dollar coin? Just went to the post office and bought some stamps in the machine.. Love getting dollar coins.. But instead of the old SBA or Sacajwia (spelling?. Lol). Out pops a bunch of these new ones.. Lighter, silvery, Thomas Jefferson on one side and the Statue of Liberty on the other.. I must have missed the email or something!! Hahaha
Karren

I've seen it. It's harder to find those than the older gold ones, but I've seen them. John normally gets them from the vending machine at his job. Quite the odd place to get them from LOL! It's been a while since he brought one home, but I don't think he's using the vending machine as much as he was...

As some of you may know, Thomas Jefferson, the greatest president of the US also founded the greatest University in the known universe- The University of Virginia!

I have seen them too. I wish they would gain more popularity. I remember when the first gold dollar coins came out and Wal-Mart was giving them for change back.

They released the Washington and Adams coins earlier this year, and the James Madison coin was released earlier this month. I havent seen any of the presidential ones. I really wouldnt want to use them, I dont want to carry dollars in the coin part of my wallet.

Originally Posted by farris2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I've only gotten the gold ones. LOL... In the sun sine this morning they looked silverish but now at night they are light gold.... ish.... I love using dollar coins... much more than dollar bills... If I remember right, Australia has no dollar bill, just a dollar coin... and love the look of the Australian bills.... neatest curency on the planet.. imho

I thought they always looked silverish at first glance too! Whenever someone hands me one as a tip I do a double take because at first it looks like just a quarter!

Ha ha ha... Apparently I missed the memo too. Haven't seen them in person yet!

I would probably do a double take if someone tipped me with one as well
smile.gif
I can just imagine, getting five quarters after I did a good serving job. I would be furious! lol But luckily farris2, they were dollar coins!

That is a fun fact about Mr. Jefferson and his UNiversity!

Originally Posted by Mayuli /img/forum/go_quote.gif Ha ha ha... Apparently I missed the memo too. Haven't seen them in person yet!
I would probably do a double take if someone tipped me with one as well
smile.gif
I can just imagine, getting five quarters after I did a good serving job. I would be furious! lol But luckily farris2, they were dollar coins!

That is a fun fact about Mr. Jefferson and his UNiversity!

Oh believe me when I tell you..I have gotten only one quarter many times after serving someone a free drink.Not trying to hijack your thread Karren!

Latest posts

Back