New use for Baby Shampoo

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Seems like all I ever talk about are cold sores or stys and they are both gross. However, it sounds wierd to put shampoo in your eyes, but if you have a sty, you should gently wash your eyelids twice a day with baby shampoo. It's strong enough to unblock the glands and speed healing and it doesn't sting. My Ophthalmologist told me this. It makes sense and I tried it and it was soothing and worked.
glasses.gif

Wow, I'd be a little scared to do it, but if I had a sty, I'd probabaly also be desperate enough to do it as well! Thanks for the tip!

Great idea.......and if it's safe enough for a baby, it ought to be fine for us too!

I used to get stys really bad like 4 times a year on my left eye....

I eventually had it surgically removed.....

It came back once...

But then my Optomalogist told me about baby shampoo.....

I haven't had a sty since!!!!!!

I have used baby shampoo to remove my eye makeup. It really works, and it does not sting. I have sensitive eyes and there are certain eye makeup removers that I am allergic to, and when this happens, the baby shampoo comes in handy.

Originally Posted by Kookie-for-COCO /img/forum/go_quote.gif Seems like all I ever talk about are cold sores or stys and they are both gross. However, it sounds wierd to put shampoo in your eyes, but if you have a sty, you should gently wash your eyelids twice a day with baby shampoo. It's strong enough to unblock the glands and speed healing and it doesn't sting. My Ophthalmologist told me this. It makes sense and I tried it and it was soothing and worked.
glasses.gif
That is good to know as my Mother gets cold sores, i will let her know, thanks
wink3.gif

I had an infection in my tear duct a few years back, and the eye Dr told me the same to use warm water and baby shampoo because it is safe and mild- I did and never had any issues it is very safe to use.

Latest posts

Back