New Walking Shoes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm in the market for new walking shoes. I've narrowed them down to these:

sauco114946_8582_jb.jpg

Saucony 3D Grid Hurricane 6

88941-p.jpg

Asics Gel-Tempo

shoes_il58465.jpg

Saucony Women's Grid T4

If anyone has any other recommendations, I'd love to hear them. I have a bad knee--six knee surgeries--& a portruding disc in my lower back, so I need some support. I also have custom orthopedic inserts so the shoe needs to be deep enough to accomodate them. Not sure if Running shoes would be a better stability/support option, but I'm open to suggestions.

TIA!
smile.gif

Ok i am SO the wrong person to be advising you coz i always choose my walking shoes or "runners" as we call them in Ireland based on colour.. So i'd pick pair no. 2!

I know I like those! I dunno though, b/c all rec'd great reviews by consumers & #1 is on sale while everyone else is selling them for $120/$130.
icon_cry.gif

Oh the decisions.
icon_redface.gif

Hm, ignoring the price, I would choose #3 -- the other two shoes have white mesh which I find impossible to keep clean! But it looks like all the white areas on #3 are leather which is easier to wipe clean. And when I spend the money for a nice pair of athletic shoes, I want them to last a few years and still look good.
wink.gif
(If anyone knows of a way to keep the white mesh on tennis shoes sparlking white, I'd love to hear it!)

By the way, I ran track for a few years in high school and I still haven't figured out the difference between walking shoes and distance running shoes! (Sprinter's shoes are obvious, they have spikes
wink.gif
)

I like #3, but I am a little partial to pink. Not sure what the difference is between walking and running shoes are, but I would think running shoes would give more support. Aren't they supposed to absorb shock better?

I thought they were cute b/c of the pink too. I ended up getting those b/c I found that the 20% link I posted for shoes.com still works (knocks wood) making them $60. If they don't work, I can still return them.

I also got #1 b/c I found a 20% code & got them on sale for $71 shipped. If they don't work, I can also return them free of charge.

It turns out all of them are running shoes, which I'm hoping will be more supportive like you mentioned. In one of the many reviews I read today, a consumer said that after years of running, she switched to walking & could feel & tell the difference immediately. I'm hoping that I won't be ablet to tell.
redface.gif

I'm the same way & tend to keep my running shoes for about 2-3 years. My other ones are in ok shape, but it's time to update & renew.
wink.gif
Luckily, I got both #s 1 & 3 w/a discount & free shipping/returns. Hopefully one of them will work.
redface.gif

I am in NO way Flo Jo - but as far as what I'd wear based on style/color - #3 all the way!!! Love Pink & black! Perfect!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

shoes_il58465.jpg

Badass!
icon_cool.gif

Originally Posted by keaLoha

I'm in the market for new walking shoes. I've narrowed them down to these:
sauco114946_8582_jb.jpg

I just bought the Asics Gel-Cyclone. They offer a lot of support. I have weak ankles so I need all the support I can get! Have you tried any of them on?

Nevermind my last post I didn't read before replying. For the record though as far as looks go I like #3.

Originally Posted by keaLoha I'm in the market for new walking shoes. I've narrowed them down to these:
sauco114946_8582_jb.jpg

88941-p.jpg

Asics Gel-Tempo

shoes_il58465.jpg

Saucony Women's Grid T4

If anyone has any other recommendations, I'd love to hear them. I have a bad knee--six knee surgeries--& a portruding disc in my lower back, so I need some support. I also have custom orthopedic inserts so the shoe needs to be deep enough to accomodate them. Not sure if Running shoes would be a better stability/support option, but I'm open to suggestions.

TIA!
smile.gif

I like the last ones - Black & Pink...cute

Just an alternate thought. I believe Nike has a website where you can literally design your own sneaker. Now I took a peek at this a few months back. I don't know if they still have it. It was cool, you chose your own color and material, etc.

Originally Posted by keaLoha I'm the same way & tend to keep my running shoes for about 2-3 years. My other ones are in ok shape, but it's time to update & renew.
wink.gif
Luckily, I got both #s 1 & 3 w/a discount & free shipping/returns. Hopefully one of them will work.
redface.gif
So, how did they work out?

Latest posts

Back