New Year's Beauty Resolutions....Article I found online

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Article I found online for you girls

New Year's Beauty Resolutions

The New Year is here. Which of the following resolutions ended up on your list? (Hint: Adopt all that apply!)

Resolution No. 1: Ditch the Neutral Makeup

While brown shadow, blush and lipstick are safe, they sure aren’t a lot of fun! This year, resolve to try out the forthcoming bright spring shades: turquoise and blue eye shadow, electric pink lipstick and candy-colored nail polish. Look for sheer textures, and pick one feature -- not your whole face -- to brighten up.

Resolution No. 2: Banish Overdone Bleach

Some women seem to think the lighter their hair, the younger they look. Not so. Instead of clinging to the platinum streaks you wore in your 20s, try toning it down this year with a smattering of well-placed highlights in more sophisticated shades of honey, caramel and amber.

Resolution No. 3: Go Easy on Your Eyebrows

If you’ve been plucking your brows into submission for many years, the thought of allowing them to grow in may seem scary. But thicker brows are in for spring, and they look a heck of a lot more natural than skinny, barely-there arches. Lay off the tweezers for a month, filling in bald spots with brow powder. Once brows have grown in a bit, see a professional for a pluck job, which you can then maintain at home.

Resolution No. 4: Can the High-Maintenance Hair

Your hair should look great with 10 to 15 minutes of styling. If you’re spending more time than that -- or if you use more than two tools every morning -- it’s time to rethink your 'do. Ask your stylist to come up with an easier style. The bonus: It will most likely look more chic and fresh than your current cut.

Resolution No. 5: Snip Off the Nail Tips

Artificial nails have been a huge trend for years -- and now’s the time to buck it. Get rid of your fakes and learn to take care of your natural nails with at-home manicures, a great hand cream and a bottle of cuticle oil. Not only will your fingers look more feminine, you’ll also save a bundle on weekly fill-in appointments.

source: thirdage.com

thanks Tony! luckily, i only have to practice #1--i'm such the minimalist lately, that i should introduce more color into my routine.
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Article I found online for you girls

Resolution No. 3: Go Easy on Your EyebrowsIf you’ve been plucking your brows into submission for many years, the thought of allowing them to grow in may seem scary. But thicker brows are in for spring, and they look a heck of a lot more natural than skinny, barely-there arches. Lay off the tweezers for a month, filling in bald spots with brow powder. Once brows have grown in a bit, see a professional for a pluck job, which you can then maintain at home.

Thick brows are in for 2005? It's about time!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I'll have to start spicing up my eyes going to work in future so. Even though i've lots of brightly coloured MAC shadows, i almost always wear the same neutrals to work every day. How boring am i?!! Thanks for posting the article Tony
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back