New Years Resolutions?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well not long now until 2005! and i for one have a handful of NYR that i intend to live by and keep. I know we are all enjoying the festive season, and there are only 5 days left of this year. ALREADY, I am planning my resolutions, so far my list is this,

1) To improve my lifestyle by eating properly and excersing regulary.

2) Gain another belt on my Martial Arts (i am black belt) but there are so many differnent levels including learning pressure points, acupuncture and learing to speak Korean. I am aiming for competition level and to get back to my Personal Training.(i did this for 4 years but gave up after Muttley died). its time to get back.

3) Get my driving licence (even though i can actually drive) I must sit my test!

4) Do some charity work involving helping animals on a regualr basis and being more active within this cause.,rather than just donating money monthly.

5) To not indulge in the odd ciggarrette (my trainer will kill me).That is one thing i occasionaly do when i am very stressed or upset.DISGUSTING GIRLS i know!

6) Learn how to use my computer,so i can contribute more to MuT.
icon_wink.gif
icon_wink.gif

I will add more as they come to mind, but i would love to know what everyone else has in mind for next year and their resolutions. Perhaps we can help and encourage each other in our goals. Please feel free to share your thoughts with me.

so far:

• eat healthier
  • excercise more
  • shop smarter
  • start & FINISH projects
  • return to school
  • learn Spanish
  • try a new hobby/craft (thinking about knitting or needlepoint)
  • reduce stress by removing clutter (including negative people) from my life.

Ugh - my list should go on forever!!! LOL But the main ones so far:

• Stay on a gym schedule & lose weight (no more go today, skip tomorrow, maybe Thursday, too tired Friday- LOL etc. etc. )
  • Eat healthier... Especially during lunch @ work when there's nothing but fast food around
  • Stop smoking
  • Stop shopping so much... Need to save $$ Really bad
  • Learning to enjoy cooking
  • Taking care of my financial problems so I can eventually have a normal life without bills haunting me (thanks to an ex who ran up all my credit cards when I was 18 & stupid, trusting and naive)
Geesh, I could go on & on... LOL
eek.gif

I will be 40 in August and next year is the year that most of me and my friends are 40. Have done the diets, had the kids, getting the divorce etc etc etc. Joined the gym and went once.

AND SO

2005 is when the fun begins. I will be making a parachute jump for charitee. Having great sex. Getting a new job. Stop getting depressed over trivial issues. Coming off prozac.Going to Tibet for 3 weeks and start living !

All i have done in the last 20 years is trying to please other people (family, husband, friends etc )

Its my turn now. All the great skin care advice has payed off and i only have 2 small crows feet around my eyes so far. This is after 40 years of working hard, playing hard and a crazy life of travel and meeting interesting people and being surrounded by users, abusers and a mental family.

If i can survive looking this good then anyone can .

I will be 40 in August and next year is the year that most of me and my friends are 40. Have done the diets, had the kids, getting the divorce etc etc etc. Joined the gym and went once.

AND SO

2005 is when the fun begins. I will be making a parachute jump for charitee. Having great sex. Getting a new job. Stop getting depressed over trivial issues. Coming off prozac.Going to Tibet for 3 weeks and start living !

All i have done in the last 20 years is trying to please other people (family, husband, friends etc )

Its my turn now. All the great skin care advice has payed off and i only have 2 small crows feet around my eyes so far. This is after 40 years of working hard, playing hard and a crazy life of travel and meeting interesting people and being surrounded by users, abusers and a mental family.

If i can survive looking this good then anyone can

You Go Girl!

I aint being vain but if i dont blow my own trumpet then i have discovered that no one else will blow it for me.

We are only here on earth for a short while and we are a long time dead. I have had a very confusing year in 2004 and so now im in control from now on.

As Donna Summer says, "I have got My finger on the trigger " lol.

Im in charge of my own destiny and im going for it !
wink.gif

I have one simple New Year's Resolution:

To remember all of my friends & family's birthdays.

I get so wrapped up in my jobs that I get scatterbrained. I don't remember to give that birthday call until a few days after their birthday.

I have several

-Stop buying so much make-up! Only buy it if reviewing a product for research ( and my hopefully up and coming magazine)

-Try to start that magazine! hahah

-Save money for a car

-Pay off my credit cards

-Finish school by next year

Mine is to commit more to work & focus more on my career (i sometimes get lazy)
icon_redface.gif

Get my eyebrows & nails done every 3 weeks (little luxury i plan to have!)

Stop worrying about stupid things & become less dramatic

Mine:

- eat w/o worry

- drink more water and juices (i.e. lay off the soft drinks!)

- actually READ the textbook for class (I'm awful about this! UGH... I just hate it.)

- shooting for a 4.0 GPA both in this upcoming semester, and again in the fall

- apply early to university for admission

- on makeup Cold Turkey from now until May 10th (then I can have a haul to reward myself for this upcoming semester!)

- devote more time to my friends and family

I'm sure there's more...

Scarlette is that picture YOU?

Originally Posted by Scarlette

I have several
-Stop buying so much make-up! Only buy it if reviewing a product for research ( and my hopefully up and coming magazine)

-Try to start that magazine! hahah

-Save money for a car

-Pay off my credit cards

-Finish school by next year

Latest posts

Back