New Yorker snags title after scarfing down 10 burritos

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Sept. 22, 2007, 5:51PM

Associated Press

311xInlineGallery.jpg

SOUTH PORTLAND, Maine — A day trader and aspiring pizza chef known as "Eater X" munched through 10¾ burritos in a dozen minutes Saturday to win what was billed as the world burrito-eating championship.

Tim Janus, 30, of New York City, said he prepared by just eating candy for a day, which he said helped clear his system.

"I love Mexican food," he said after his victory.

About 100 spectators watched the contest outside the Costa Vida restaurant, where about a dozen entrants competed for $3,000 in prize money. The 18-ounce burritos were made of rice, black beans, pork, cheese and a mild sauce wrapped in a tortilla.

The burrito record holder, Eric "Badlands" Booker, has retired from competitive eating and wasn't on hand to defend his title. But other contestants well-known on the eating contest circuit showed up.

Among them was Sonya "The Black Widow" Thomas of Alexandria, Va., who holds a world lobster-eating title that she won in Kennebunkport and who finished second Saturday by downing 10 "Big Kahunas."

Other eaters included Jason "Crazy Legs" Conti and Tim "Gravy" Brown.

New Yorker snags title after scarfing down 10 burritos | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

im not into mexican food, i do like and eat it every once in awhile if its home made, no tacobell for me though, and those guys ewww dont think i could scarf food like that, i bet they were on the toilet allllllll night..lol

Back