Newbie wants to say hello!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
biggrin.gif
Hi everyone! I'm new here and just wanted to make myself known. I'm a big-time makeup addict (of course) and I wanted to join so that I could chat about my lovely mu babies. I hate to have such a negative sn, but I'm just bummed because I couldnt pay for a conversation on MUA. I was constantly ignored and I have no clue as to why. :-(

Anyway, I'm glad to be here. I hope to engage in many chats!!

Ignored??? Oh that's a nice forum LOL
smile.gif
You will NOT be ignored here!

I'm Tony, one of the rare MEN on here and wanted to EXTEND a WARM welcome to you! I'm from the admin/programming department. Want to wish you a great stay.You mightl find MakeupTalk a little different than MUA with it's board layout or how busy it is. If you need any help with learning the layout, just PRIVATE MESSAGE any of the moderators, as they are here alot. We are moving forward quickly with TONS of new users and tons of new posts each day.

Make sure you check our the review center and swap center!

Take care and happy to have you joined in the fun!
wink.gif

Originally Posted by MUAsucks

biggrin.gif
Hi everyone! I'm new here and just wanted to make myself known. I'm a big-time makeup addict (of course) and I wanted to join so that I could chat about my lovely mu babies. I hate to have such a negative sn, but I'm just bummed because I couldnt pay for a conversation on MUA. I was constantly ignored and I have no clue as to why. :-(

Aloha & Welcome to MuT! I'm sure you'll find our site informative & helpful & hope you enjoy yourself here. Besides, we like to laugh & giggle quite a bit.
biggrin.gif

I'm already lovin' this place and its only my first day!
icon_biggrin.gif

Cali-girl, this place definitely IS a godsend and I'm ready to have some fun.

kealoha I LOVE to laugh and giggle!!! Tony, you already know that I think you're wonderful!! MUA who?
tongue.gif

I'm off to go and talk some makeup!!! Yeah!!!

Oh those words are nice! Yeah, go talk talk TALK about MU!

I'm already lovin' this place and its only my first day!
icon_biggrin.gif

Cali-girl, this place definitely IS a godsend and I'm ready to have some fun.

kealoha I LOVE to laugh and giggle!!! Tony, you already know that I think you're wonderful!! MUA who?
tongue.gif

I'm off to go and talk some makeup!!! Yeah!!!

arbitrary deletions huh? Hmm wel that sux...maybe they were THINNING some out lol

Well, rest assured you are all on a heavily moderated board with caring and nice mods running the site.

Glad you all can try to get used to MUT, we can help you if you are having troubles.

Take care all

Originally Posted by crankypanties

My username there was girlygal and I don't know if I ignored you or not, but I'm glad you're here too. *grin* I mad the switch since I was deleted. I'm not sure why, but I suspect it had to do with specking my mind about the poor manner in which the way the board had been deleted recently, including all the arbitrary deletions of some of my best buds on the boards... Anyhoo, glad to see you here and welcome!

biggrin.gif

Hey! Love the username! LOL
icon_cool.gif
Anyhoooo, I'm Janelle from NY - glad to have you here! And don't worry, nobody will ignore you here - we're all friendly (and love to talk! lol) So you're among friends
tongue.gif
Enjoy it here... we all love it ~ and just PM a Mod if you have any questions about anything! See ya!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Hiya MUASucks, welcome to MuT! I'm Laura from Ireland. Look forward to chatting with you
biggrin.gif

Hmmm I'm sorry you hated MUA. This site is definately much better in terms of the boards. I have tried a couple times to read stuff on MUA and it's impossible to sort through the boards. These are really nice and easy to use! But MUA is a good site too. I actually found out about this site because of MUA so I don't know if there's a reason to bash that site. If you felt ignored on the boards, it's probably because people couldn't figure them out or something
smile.gif
I dunno, welcome to MuT because it's a great site, but I definately like MUA for swapping/reviews as well! I hope this site becomes competitve with MUA for swapping though because this definately is a more friendly environment!

~Bonnie

Hi Bonnie, Thanks for the welcome. I'm glad that you enjoy MUA. I dont expect others to bash it because I know that many people have had positive experiences there. I wasnt one of those people. I still use it as a resource. I figured out the MUA boards very well - theres nothing hard about it
icon_smile.gif

I guess the bottom line is that everyone's experiences are different. That's fine and I accept that. MUT seems to be a better fit for me and I am so happy to have found this site. Hope to chat with you here!!
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by bonbon412 Hmmm I'm sorry you hated MUA. This site is definately much better in terms of the boards. I have tried a couple times to read stuff on MUA and it's impossible to sort through the boards. These are really nice and easy to use! But MUA is a good site too. I actually found out about this site because of MUA so I don't know if there's a reason to bash that site. If you felt ignored on the boards, it's probably because people couldn't figure them out or something
smile.gif
I dunno, welcome to MuT because it's a great site, but I definately like MUA for swapping/reviews as well! I hope this site becomes competitve with MUA for swapping though because this definately is a more friendly environment!~Bonnie

Originally Posted by MUAsucks Hi Bonnie, Thanks for the welcome. I'm glad that you enjoy MUA. I dont expect others to bash it because I know that many people have had positive experiences there. I wasnt one of those people. I still use it as a resource. I figured out the MUA boards very well - theres nothing hard about it
icon_smile.gif

I guess the bottom line is that everyone's experiences are different. That's fine and I accept that. MUT seems to be a better fit for me and I am so happy to have found this site. Hope to chat with you here!!
icon_smile.gif

I agree... there is a flavor for every tastebud!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
But I started out a MUT girl... and I could never go somewhere like MUA after being here... I can't stand their board layout, and once you reply - you can't even find it!
eek.gif
I have also heard of all the problems there with members and how people are always starting drama... and I like that it's so nice and calm here - yet with all the info, talk, and resources... so I'm happy where I am, and I'm glad you're here with us MUASucks!
smile.gif

LOL Janelle

Originally Posted by NYAngel98

once you reply - you can't even find it!
eek.gif

Guess what, I was one of the "arbitrary deletions

Welcome to our home and as it looks, your new one too LOL
icon_cheesygrin.gif
. MakeupTalk is happy to have you and ready to show you the power of MUT(LOL @ Tony).

You will find us to be less dramatized over here and with nice, well informed moderators and with things like interactive reviews and swaps. Just think of MUT being YOUR forum for you to do with what you want. We allow alot of things that MUA doesn't allow including selling(in the selling forum), religous talks, swap talks, political discussions etc.

Again, we extend a WARM welcome to you and any new user here

biggrin.gif

:::waves to never2muchMU:::::: sorry for the late welcome. im glad you found us here. were not the ignoring types.
smile.gif

Welcome, welcome
smile.gif

I didn't care for MUA much either. There are so many posts every second. If you don't opt to email, you miss it easy. I don't go there much anymore, just to check some reviews and pictures of makeup
icon_cheesygrin.gif
You will love it here. Everybody is very nice and kind. Have fun
smile.gif

Originally Posted by lilla Welcome, welcome
smile.gif

I didn't care for MUA much either. There are so many posts every second. If you don't opt to email, you miss it easy. I don't go there much anymore, just to check some reviews and pictures of makeup
icon_cheesygrin.gif
You will love it here. Everybody is very nice and kind. Have fun
smile.gif

We love all our members!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
it makes it so much fun here!

Sorry for the late welcome Never2MuchMU!! I'm glad you found us -- we're a friendly bunch!

Latest posts

Back