Nice eyeliner that's NOT expensive!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Okay so i had a few problems w/ eyeliner not staying put..i'd go to work and half way through my shift it'd smudged on the upper and lower half. I got recommended the eyeliner by Physicians formula (available at drug stores). now usually i'm really into more luxury brands like estee lauder, benefit, lancome, clinique etc. but i'm really impressed by this. It stays exactly where i put it, and it's easy to blend. It cost me like around $5. Worth a try
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I used to have problems with any eyeliner lasting for more than an hour or two; my eyes are so deep-set and my lids so oily that even my eyeliner would crease in an hour! However, I discovered that if I put a layer of loose face powder all over my lids first (optionally I can put foundation under the powder but that doesn't affect the staying power), ANY eyeliner will last all day until I wash it off at night! (It also helps my eyeshadow stay longer.) Maybe you can try that so you can still get your money's worth out of your expensive eyeliners
smile.gif

That being said, if you want a high quality yet incredibly cheap brand of eyeliner, I highly recommend Jordanna, less than $2 each at Wal-Greens
biggrin.gif

That is cool that you like the Physicians Formula, though, I might keep that in mind -- I tried their new Mosaic cream eyeshadow and hated it, so I've been hesitant to try their other eye makeup!

Thanks for the heads up!!
smile.gif

Some other cheap but good liners are Revlon Colorstay and Jordana Color XTend.

Thanks for telling us...will try this one soon.

I recommend NYC eyeliners. They're really cheap too, and doesn't budge (on me anyhoo).

Cool, thanks for the recommendation! I've heard that Prestige's eyeliners are fab too. Are the expensive in the US or are they a drugstore brand?

Hi Laura,

I've never heard of Prestige, I'll have to look it up. Not sure if we have it here in the US or not.

Originally Posted by Laura Cool, thanks for the recommendation! I've heard that Prestige's eyeliners are fab too. Are the expensive in the US or are they a drugstore brand?

talking of eyeliners, when I line just above my top lashes, after a few hours i get a line just below my eyebrows where its rubbed off. Anyone know how to prevent this?

Originally Posted by sarah_j1985 talking of eyeliners, when I line just above my top lashes, after a few hours i get a line just below my eyebrows where its rubbed off. Anyone know how to prevent this? See my post above, I used to have the same problem
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by suziqq322 Hi Laura,I've never heard of Prestige, I'll have to look it up. Not sure if we have it here in the US or not. Prestige is a drugstore brand, and I've seen it at Walgreens and CVS! Their waterproof eyeliners are really nice!

We don't get Physician's Formula here, but when I lived in Florida, I bought some of their bronzer, and it was really good.

When it comes to cheap eyeliner, Rimmel is my baby. It stays where I want it to, it never smudges, it glides on, and it's cheap. The best eyeliner ever, in my opinion.

Originally Posted by Laurs When it comes to cheap eyeliner, Rimmel is my baby. It stays where I want it to, it never smudges, it glides on, and it's cheap. The best eyeliner ever, in my opinion.

Rimmel eyeliner is definetly one of the better cheap brands! I use it and I rarely need to reapply during the school day, which is from 8 - 4.
smile.gif

Thanks Erica for that tip, I'll have to check Walgreens today!

Originally Posted by FeistyFemme Prestige is a drugstore brand, and I've seen it at Walgreens and CVS! Their waterproof eyeliners are really nice!

I really like Prestige eyeliners for nice, cheap ones. They're pretty good but I usually need to warm them before applying as they can get a bit hard.

black opal at walgreens has excellent liners

Originally Posted by YourOneAndOnly Okay so i had a few problems w/ eyeliner not staying put..i'd go to work and half way through my shift it'd smudged on the upper and lower half. I got recommended the eyeliner by Physicians formula (available at drug stores). now usually i'm really into more luxury brands like estee lauder, benefit, lancome, clinique etc. but i'm really impressed by this. It stays exactly where i put it, and it's easy to blend. It cost me like around $5. Worth a try
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Laurs We don't get Physician's Formula here, but when I lived in Florida, I bought some of their bronzer, and it was really good. What part of Canada are you from? I've seen Physician's Formula at Shopper's Drug Mart, Zellers and Walmart here. That said, I've never actually tried any of their products... I don't know, the packaging just never appealed to me (yeah yeah, books, covers, judging, I know). But I might just try this brand of eyeliner out - I have been trying out various drugstore brands to see - I used to use Revelon ColorStay and Maybelline Timeliner, which were both pretty good, but I found that they were rather dry and tend to tug on the skin a bit. I just bought an eyeliner form Annabelle (Cdn brand) and it's really nice so far (but it requires sharpening, I do hate that). And recently I picked up a Quo eyeliner (another Cdn brand) and that was really smooth and seems to stay well enough, but it's not The Ultimate (and it still cost more than $10). Thanks for the heads up on this product, I am going to try it out.

Latest posts

Back