Nice Makeovers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just wanted to share these. I think the artists did great.

<TABLE><TBODY><TR align=middle><TD font size="2">Before </TD><TD font size="2">After </TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD>
1665_508_Stila_MO_Before_160.jpg
</TD><TD>
1665_513_Stila_MO_After_160.jpg
</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD font size="2"><HR>Consultation with Jeanine</TD><TD font size="2"><HR>Brushing on Concealer </TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD>
1665_509_Stila_MO_Jeanine_01_160x.jpg
</TD><TD>
1665_510_Stila_MO_Concealer_160x.jpg
</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD font size="2"><HR>Applying Eye Primer</TD><TD font size="2"><HR>Mascara and Liner Brush </TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD>
1665_511_Stila_MO_eyebase_160x.jpg
</TD><TD>
1665_512_Stila_MO_mascara_02_160x.jpg
</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD font size="2"><HR>Jamie and Bret</TD><TD><HR>Jamie and Jeanine </TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD>
1665_514_Stila_MO_Artist_160x.jpg
</TD><TD>
1665_515_Stila_MO_Jeanine_02_160x.jpg
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Jeanine Lobell, founder of Stila Cosmetics, was recently in San Francisco giving personal consultations to promote her spring makeup line. The event was a huge success and women gladly lined up to meet the famous artist. BeautyRiot was there to catch it all.

We tagged along with Jamie, who agreed to be our model for the Stila makeover. Lobell sat down with her and asked Jamie a few questions about what she wanted and then after studying her face, suggested shades in warm, sun-touched tones that would blend with her freckled complexion.

Makeup artist Bret Boreman then took Jamie to his chair to apply the makeup. Boreman was a fount of information and shared some of his secrets and favorite tools for great application.

1) Apply concealer after foundation. Use a point tipped brush and start at the inner corner of the eye. Stop near the middle of the eye. It will look more natural.

2) Always use primer or concealer on lids before applying eye shadow. Color will be more even and last longer.

3) To cover blemishes, apply foundation first, then a dab of concealer and set with a pressed powder.

4) Curl lashes before applying mascara. Boreman's favorite lash curler is Shu Uemura's. (But he did say Stila would soon be selling their own curler.)

5) For thin bottom lashes, Boreman uses Stila's #4 Precision Eyeliner Brush to paint on mascara rather than a wand. Lashes stand out and don't clump together.

6) Boreman swears by Stila's Sport Lash Visor Mascara. Because it's gel based, it goes on evenly, doesn't clump or flake, conditions lashes and removes easily with soap and water without tearing out lashes.

Jamie loved her fresh new look. We checked with her a week later to find out what she bought and if she recreates the look.

"Absolutely. I've never used foundation before, and Stila's Complete Coverage Makeup goes on really light, so it hides a few imperfections, but you can't even tell I'm wearing makeup." She also purchased the Delauney and Sun eyeshadows and was amazed by how long the color lasts. Success!

-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

<TABLE><TBODY><TR align=middle><TD vAlign=bottom font size="2">Before </TD><TD vAlign=bottom font size="2">After </TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD vAlign=bottom>
1694_704_Before_160_low.jpg
</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>
1694_705_After_160_low.jpg

Cosmetic Choice

Estee Lauder

What She Wanted

Lipstick that would look natural and stay on her lips for more than 20 minutes! Blush that would help define her cheekbones.

Technique

Cosmetic artist Sergio Gonzalez lined Angie's lips and colored them in using the same lip pencil. To get long-lasting color with shine, Gonzalez mixed lipstick and gloss together on the back of his hand and then used a brush to apply it to her lips.

To define Angie's cheekbones, Gonzalez used two different colors of cream blush to create depth and the allusion of more pronounced cheekbones. The darker shade was brushed on diagonally from under the apple of the cheek back to the temple. A lighter shade was then brushed on in the area above the darker shade.

Artist's Tips

1) Use liquid eye liner, but apply it with a flat, square brush.

2) The key to getting foundation right is to start with a well moisturized face.

3) Fill in lips with lip liner after lining to make lipstick color last longer.

What She Bought

Lip Defining Pencil/Brush: #37 Cinnamon

Futuristic Full Treatment Lipstick with SPF 15: #14 Sultry Blush

Go Pout Sheer Lip Glaze: #02 Peach

BlushLights Creamy Cheek Color, Plum Light

What She Uses

"I use them all and I love them. I've never had a makeover before and I would have never picked the colors that Gonzalez chose. I'm glad I did because I received a ton of compliments!"

-=-=-=-=-=--==--=-==--==--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

<TABLE><TBODY><TR align=middle><TD vAlign=bottom font size="2">Before </TD><TD vAlign=bottom font size="2">After </TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD vAlign=bottom>http://www.beautyriot.com/stuff/images/articles/approve/1683_617_before_4_160245_low.jpg</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>http://www.beautyriot.com/stuff/images/articles/approve/1683_618_after_5_160245_low.jpg</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Lorac Makeover

Christina normally doesn't wear much makeup. Her long dark lashes and tailored brows perfectly frame her eyes, but she was looking for a more polished look for work and evening. Liza had some great suggestions.

After applying an oil free moisturizer, Liza applied a yellow neutralizer to cut the redness in Christina's complexion on her nose, cheeks and chin. Over the neutralizer and on the rest of the face, Liza painted on Lorac's Satin Makeup (M5) with a medium, round-tip brush and Coverup on the eyelids to create an even color for applying eye shadow. She set the foundation with a translucent powder.

Liza painted the entire lid area in Nude - a neutral shadow - in downward strokes and used Persuasion (a shimmer shadow that catches the light) under the brows, over and under lashes and the inner corner of the eye. For the lid she used Moonstone and for contour and eyeliner, Cappuccino. Along the base of the lash line for both upper and lower, she used a small, pointed detail-liner brush to apply the Cappuccino shadow dry from inner corner to the outer. Liza's secret for attracting light to the eyes: Auburn-colored mascara.

Liza used short, quick strokes to line Christina's lips. She applied a coat of Sheer Rapture Lip & Cheek tint, for staying power, and then applied Melina lipstick. She topped this off with the Frolic Lip Polish for high gloss.

For blush, Liza then lightly touched on the Sheer Rapture Lip & Cheek Tint.

One of the best things about watching or getting a makeover is getting some of the artist's tips and secrets. Here are some of the things we learned watching Liza.

1) To make lipstick and lip color last longer, first dab foundation onto lips before applying color.

2) Yellow concealer is good for covering red spots on face.

3) Applying powder helps anchor foundation and give it a soft, velvety finish. 4) To contour the eye, use a large eye shadow brush. Pat brush onto the crease (your eye socket) and push in, swirling in the crease area.

5) Apply foundation with a flat, rounded brush. The product sits on the skin better.

Great makeovers! I like the Estee Lauder makeover the best because Sergio had the most challenges. The customer looks like she has rosacea AND she wanted to bring out her cheekbones with makeup. That's a tough challenge! The results look beautiful and polished without being distracting at any one point of her face.

I'm also a big fan of using lipliner as a base color for lipsticks and/or gloss. First I apply a tiny amount of balm to moisturize my lips, then fill in my lips with a neutral pencil. I blend this with a brush then apply color or gloss. This gives my lips a soft, pretty look and it also works well if your lips have a lot of natural color and you need to tone it down a bit. (note that the subject's lips look less pink, but still natural looking!)

smile.gif

Originally Posted by Californian Just wanted to share these. I think the artists did great.
<TABLE><TBODY><TR align=middle><TD font size="2">Before </TD><TD font size="2">After </TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD>
1665_508_Stila_MO_Before_160.jpg
</TD><TD>
1665_513_Stila_MO_After_160.jpg
</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD font size="2"><HR>Consultation with Jeanine</TD><TD font size="2"><HR>Brushing on Concealer </TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD>
1665_509_Stila_MO_Jeanine_01_160x.jpg
</TD><TD>
1665_510_Stila_MO_Concealer_160x.jpg
</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD font size="2"><HR>Applying Eye Primer</TD><TD font size="2"><HR>Mascara and Liner Brush </TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD>
1665_511_Stila_MO_eyebase_160x.jpg
</TD><TD>
1665_512_Stila_MO_mascara_02_160x.jpg
</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD font size="2"><HR>Jamie and Bret</TD><TD><HR>Jamie and Jeanine </TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD>
1665_514_Stila_MO_Artist_160x.jpg
</TD><TD>
1665_515_Stila_MO_Jeanine_02_160x.jpg

Jeanine Lobell, founder of Stila Cosmetics, was recently in San Francisco giving personal consultations to promote her spring makeup line. The event was a huge success and women gladly lined up to meet the famous artist. BeautyRiot was there to catch it all.

We tagged along with Jamie, who agreed to be our model for the Stila makeover. Lobell sat down with her and asked Jamie a few questions about what she wanted and then after studying her face, suggested shades in warm, sun-touched tones that would blend with her freckled complexion.

Makeup artist Bret Boreman then took Jamie to his chair to apply the makeup. Boreman was a fount of information and shared some of his secrets and favorite tools for great application.

1) Apply concealer after foundation. Use a point tipped brush and start at the inner corner of the eye. Stop near the middle of the eye. It will look more natural.

2) Always use primer or concealer on lids before applying eye shadow. Color will be more even and last longer.

3) To cover blemishes, apply foundation first, then a dab of concealer and set with a pressed powder.

4) Curl lashes before applying mascara. Boreman's favorite lash curler is Shu Uemura's. (But he did say Stila would soon be selling their own curler.)

5) For thin bottom lashes, Boreman uses Stila's #4 Precision Eyeliner Brush to paint on mascara rather than a wand. Lashes stand out and don't clump together.

6) Boreman swears by Stila's Sport Lash Visor Mascara. Because it's gel based, it goes on evenly, doesn't clump or flake, conditions lashes and removes easily with soap and water without tearing out lashes.

Jamie loved her fresh new look. We checked with her a week later to find out what she bought and if she recreates the look.

"Absolutely. I've never used foundation before, and Stila's Complete Coverage Makeup goes on really light, so it hides a few imperfections, but you can't even tell I'm wearing makeup." She also purchased the Delauney and Sun eyeshadows and was amazed by how long the color lasts. Success!

-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

<TABLE><TBODY><TR align=middle><TD vAlign=bottom font size="2">Before </TD><TD vAlign=bottom font size="2">After </TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD vAlign=bottom>
1694_704_Before_160_low.jpg
</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>
1694_705_After_160_low.jpg

Cosmetic Choice

Estee Lauder

What She Wanted

Lipstick that would look natural and stay on her lips for more than 20 minutes! Blush that would help define her cheekbones.

Technique

Cosmetic artist Sergio Gonzalez lined Angie's lips and colored them in using the same lip pencil. To get long-lasting color with shine, Gonzalez mixed lipstick and gloss together on the back of his hand and then used a brush to apply it to her lips.

To define Angie's cheekbones, Gonzalez used two different colors of cream blush to create depth and the allusion of more pronounced cheekbones. The darker shade was brushed on diagonally from under the apple of the cheek back to the temple. A lighter shade was then brushed on in the area above the darker shade.

Artist's Tips

1) Use liquid eye liner, but apply it with a flat, square brush.

2) The key to getting foundation right is to start with a well moisturized face.

3) Fill in lips with lip liner after lining to make lipstick color last longer.

What She Bought

Lip Defining Pencil/Brush: #37 Cinnamon

Futuristic Full Treatment Lipstick with SPF 15: #14 Sultry Blush

Go Pout Sheer Lip Glaze: #02 Peach

BlushLights Creamy Cheek Color, Plum Light

What She Uses

"I use them all and I love them. I've never had a makeover before and I would have never picked the colors that Gonzalez chose. I'm glad I did because I received a ton of compliments!"

-=-=-=-=-=--==--=-==--==--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

<TABLE><TBODY><TR align=middle><TD vAlign=bottom font size="2">Before </TD><TD vAlign=bottom font size="2">After </TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD vAlign=bottom>http://www.beautyriot.com/stuff/images/articles/approve/1683_617_before_4_160245_low.jpg</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>http://www.beautyriot.com/stuff/images/articles/approve/1683_618_after_5_160245_low.jpg</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Lorac Makeover

Christina normally doesn't wear much makeup. Her long dark lashes and tailored brows perfectly frame her eyes, but she was looking for a more polished look for work and evening. Liza had some great suggestions.

After applying an oil free moisturizer, Liza applied a yellow neutralizer to cut the redness in Christina's complexion on her nose, cheeks and chin. Over the neutralizer and on the rest of the face, Liza painted on Lorac's Satin Makeup (M5) with a medium, round-tip brush and Coverup on the eyelids to create an even color for applying eye shadow. She set the foundation with a translucent powder.

Liza painted the entire lid area in Nude - a neutral shadow - in downward strokes and used Persuasion (a shimmer shadow that catches the light) under the brows, over and under lashes and the inner corner of the eye. For the lid she used Moonstone and for contour and eyeliner, Cappuccino. Along the base of the lash line for both upper and lower, she used a small, pointed detail-liner brush to apply the Cappuccino shadow dry from inner corner to the outer. Liza's secret for attracting light to the eyes: Auburn-colored mascara.

Liza used short, quick strokes to line Christina's lips. She applied a coat of Sheer Rapture Lip & Cheek tint, for staying power, and then applied Melina lipstick. She topped this off with the Frolic Lip Polish for high gloss.

For blush, Liza then lightly touched on the Sheer Rapture Lip & Cheek Tint.

One of the best things about watching or getting a makeover is getting some of the artist's tips and secrets. Here are some of the things we learned watching Liza.

1) To make lipstick and lip color last longer, first dab foundation onto lips before applying color.

2) Yellow concealer is good for covering red spots on face.

3) Applying powder helps anchor foundation and give it a soft, velvety finish. 4) To contour the eye, use a large eye shadow brush. Pat brush onto the crease (your eye socket) and push in, swirling in the crease area.

5) Apply foundation with a flat, rounded brush. The product sits on the skin better.

Hello Kitty,I read your assessment of the makeover by Estee Lauder and you are 100% right. It's so fun to talk to you. I appreciate the feedback. They made her skin look SO much better and her lips are now more of a peachy shade rather than a super dark, harsh one. She looks cute in the after photo! The short hair gives her a pixie-ish look and I love her big eyes.

https://www.makeuptalk.com/editor_files/editor_images/00Mut5.jpg

You called me Hello Kitty! Oooh, you're gonna get it now! Meow!!

I would love to have hair that straight so I could wear short cuts. With my hair so wavy, it's poofy and thick and it's impossible to get it to lay flat. I like her foundation. I think Sergio used the Double Matte foundation? It gives a lot of coverage and good for blemished skin. I used to use it years ago before the m/u world exploded with a billion new products.

Originally Posted by Californian Hello Kitty,I read your assessment of the makeover by Estee Lauder and you are 100% right. It's so fun to talk to you. I appreciate the feedback. They made her skin look SO much better and her lips are now more of a peachy shade rather than a super dark, harsh one. She looks cute in the after photo! The short hair gives her a pixie-ish look and I love her big eyes.

00Mut5.jpg

Originally Posted by KittySkyfish You called me Hello Kitty! Oooh, you're gonna get it now! Meow!!
I would love to have hair that straight so I could wear short cuts. With my hair so wavy, it's poofy and thick and it's impossible to get it to lay flat. I like her foundation. I think Sergio used the Double Matte foundation? It gives a lot of coverage and good for blemished skin. I used to use it years ago before the m/u world exploded with a billion new products.

TOTAL ACCIDENT
original.gif
Sorry but LOL too!
wink.gif

Originally Posted by KittySkyfish
Hello_KittySkyfish.JPG
Hello KittySkyfish!

HAHAhahahahah Don't get me started! You'll be sorry! lol

All three girls look terrific, I will say that I think that the Estee Lauder makeover was the best.

Latest posts

Back