Nicole Richie Spends 82 Minutes in Jail

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Nicole Richie served 82 minutes of a four-day sentence for DUI on Thursday due to jail overcrowding, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department.

Accompanied by her lawyer and boyfriend Joel Madden, the five-months pregnant Richie entered the jail in Lynwood, Calif., at 3:15 p.m. for booking, listed at 5'1" and 105 lbs. She was processed into the system and released at 4:37 p.m., a sheriff's statement said.

"Miss Richie was cooperative during the process," the statement said.

The statement said she was released "based on her sentence and federal court guidelines." Under the current sheriff's policy, non-violent female offenders sentenced to 30 days or less are booked and released within 12 hours.

Richie was "treated in the same manner as other inmates with a similar sentence," the statement said.

Richie, 25, who's pregnant by Madden, pleaded guilty to DUI on July 27. As part of her sentence, she also agreed to serve a three-year probation term, must enroll in an alcohol education program and was fined $2,048.

She was arrested for DUI on Dec. 11 after being spotted driving her black Mercedes SUV the wrong way on an L.A. freeway. She was previously convicted of DUI in June 2003.

Richie told Diane Sawyer in an interview earlier this month that going to jail was "my way of paying my dues and taking responsibility and being an adult."

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20049996,00.html?xid=rss-topheadlines

SOURCE

81 minutes? Wowwwwwwwwwwwwww...But I do give her credit for takeing responisablity and trying to be an adult

82 minutes in jail? That is an absolute joke. I'm sorry, but I can't stand people who drive under the influence.

its just a waste of time. They shouldnt have even bothered if shes going to be in for 82 minutes.

105 lbs while she's pregnant? I wish I could be 105 lbs! Actually, no, I don't want to look like a skeleton.

Actually at her height thats not a bad weight to be in and shes only in her first trimester.

I am 5'2" and I bounce between 94-98lbs and I do not look like a skeleton. I have the hardest time to even try to keep my weight at 100lbs.

And at least she served SOME time - most people who committed her crime just do community service without any jail time whatsoever.

Although its just 82 minutes she has shown responsibility for her actions and IMO her weight at 105 lbs is not bad for her height. Tyra Banks interviewed her on her show today.

Eh, as long as she was treated fairly all is really ok, I suppose. There's a lot jacked up about jail and courts and legal systems but it's not fair to aim it all at her.

Latest posts

Back