No-buy, yeah right

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Reaction score
So I was supposed to be on a no-buy for Rebel Rock. Then I decided I needed Non-Conformist Fluidline. Well, I went to the mall today and got:

Non-Conformist Fluidline

Little Minx shadow

Afterparty Glitz Gloss

Also, I decided to change my skin care from Philosophy to Shiseido. I feel like the Philosophy just isn't cleansing deep enough. So I got a bunch of stuff from their Pureness line:

Deep Cleansing Foam

Balancing Softener

Matifying Moisturizer

Matifying Stick

Also got Shiseido HydroLiquid compact foundation. And the salesperson also gave me a bunch of skincare samples and a cute makeup bag. I'll try to take pics of everything sometime this weekend.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Marisol Nice haul! Thanks...I haven't heard much about the Glitz glosses but I thought they were pretty.

Liz

Reaction score
lol! it never works! it's always so tepmting!

nice haul

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Charmaine Nice haul! Isn't Non-Conformist awesome? I haven't tried it on yet but I just think it's a really unique color. It's on the purple side of periwinkle, but deeper and muted. I think it's fabulous!

Reaction score
Hey I use the shiseido benefiance line.. Very good stuff!

Congrats on your haul!

Originally Posted by spazbaby So I was supposed to be on a no-buy for Rebel Rock. Then I decided I needed Non-Conformist Fluidline. Well, I went to the mall today and got:
Non-Conformist Fluidline

Little Minx shadow

Afterparty Glitz Gloss

Also, I decided to change my skin care from Philosophy to Shiseido. I feel like the Philosophy just isn't cleansing deep enough. So I got a bunch of stuff from their Pureness line:

Deep Cleansing Foam

Balancing Softener

Matifying Moisturizer

Matifying Stick

Also got Shiseido HydroLiquid compact foundation. And the salesperson also gave me a bunch of skincare samples and a cute makeup bag. I'll try to take pics of everything sometime this weekend.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Liz lol! it never works! it's always so tepmting!
nice haul

seriously though...i need to get a grip

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kerri Hey I use the shiseido benefiance line.. Very good stuff!Congrats on your haul!

I had a roommate a while back who used the Pureness and she loved it. For some reason I just never started on it. But I used some other samples I had this morning (before I bought my stuff) and I got a much deeper cleaning out of it (as compared to Philosophy). I even have some blemishes coming to surface that have been just red blotches for a week or so. I think it's definitely what I need.

Reaction score
Good for you! Didn't you just start a new job? You should reward yourself. Although I am a prime example of a person who has NO self control!

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LuckyMe Good for you! Didn't you just start a new job? You should reward yourself. Although I am a prime example of a person who has NO self control! Yeah, I've been at my new job for a month and a half now. I'm a firm believer in rewarding oneself, but lately it seems like I've been rewarding myself every single weekend. I've been buying a lot of stuff for my dog too. I guess a no-buy just isn't for me.

Reaction score
Great haul,cant wait till i can venture to the mall,hopefully it wont be over by then

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that you broke your no-buy, but it sounds like you picked up some nice stuff. You can always start on your no-buy again tomorrow.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by suzukigrrl Sorry to hear that you broke your no-buy, but it sounds like you picked up some nice stuff. You can always start on your no-buy again tomorrow. I could start it after I go to Target tomorrow

Reaction score
I'm proud to say that I went to Target today and bought NO MAKEUP!

Reaction score
Here are pics of my haul

Left, MAC:

Non-Conformist Fluidline

Afterparty Glitz Gloss

Little Minx Eyeshadow

Middle, Shiseido:

Pureness Deep Cleansing Foam

Pureness Balancing Softener

Pureness Matifying Moisturizer

Pureness Matifying Stick

Free bag & various Pureness samples

Right, Shiseido:

HydroLiquid Compact Foundation (I20)

Reaction score
Ooh spazbaby i LOVE Shiseido's Pureness range! I used to use but i ws broke a few months ago & couldnt afford to buy the moisturiser so i switched to Olay. But i do think their Pureness range is brilliant especially for combination/oily skinned girls. I loved the deep cleansing foam too

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Laura Ooh spazbaby i LOVE Shiseido's Pureness range! I used to use but i ws broke a few months ago & couldnt afford to buy the moisturiser so i switched to Olay. But i do think their Pureness range is brilliant especially for combination/oily skinned girls. I loved the deep cleansing foam too The deep cleansing foam is awesome! You only need a tiny little bit. So far, I'm loving all of the Pureness products. I think the Philosophy skincare that I was using was definitely congesting my skin. My skin definitely feels cleaner with the Pureness, and it's bringing all of my blemishes to surface. I think the Philosophy was just holding them under my skin (which I think is not good).
I used to like Lancome's oily skin range, but it was too perfumey. The Shiseido is fragranced, but it is very light and pleasant, and I think it performs better than Lancome's.

Reaction score
I'M ON A NO BUY. ITS HARD, BUT I TELL MYSELF I MUST MASTER THE PRODUCTS I HAVE BEFORE I MOVE ON. SO FAR IT'S NOT REALLY WORKING, BUT I AM LEARNING TO MASTER MY MAKEUP LOOKS.

Originally Posted by spazbaby So I was supposed to be on a no-buy for Rebel Rock. Then I decided I needed Non-Conformist Fluidline. Well, I went to the mall today and got:
Non-Conformist Fluidline

Little Minx shadow

Afterparty Glitz Gloss

Deep Cleansing Foam

Balancing Softener

Matifying Moisturizer

Matifying Stick

Reaction score
Non-Conformist Fluidline

Little Minx shadow

Afterparty Glitz Gloss

Deep Cleansing Foam

Balancing Softener

Matifying Moisturizer

Matifying Stick

I didnt make it on my NoBuy either..

Latest posts