No more makeup

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe if you just lightly coat your lashes and don't over do it? What about clear mascara which can maybe be okay?

Originally Posted by Kee /img/forum/go_quote.gif Oh that sucks so bad
frown.gif

I say see how things feel when you get there. If you think you can get away with mascara, give it a shot! If they react weird then maybe say someone dared you to do wear mascara for a day?

I just hate that anyone has to hide who they are like that
frown.gif
But I also hate seeing people getting the crap kicked out of them for it too
frown.gif

I agree 100%.

Are you prejudging what others will do/think/feel/say? Yeah, I know a lot of people will stare/gossip etc. But to put that on specific people - are you prejudging them? You can't just assume someone's an a$$ and skip the part where they prove it.

It's like someone saying "You won't like me because I'm XYZ...No, I don't like you b/c you (take your pick) prejudged me/have a chip on your shoulder.

I don't know you, just trying to help - there's my 2 cents worth. I hope it all works out.

I just wanted to wish you luck. If you're really worried, take a tinted moisturizer and a brown mascara along with a black mascara and your foundation. Then you can try it out and see how people react. I definitely think this is the kind of environment where you need to be careful about not upsetting others, if they're your coworkers, and you may need to adapt your style for a little while because "off the clock" isn't really away from work while you're up there. Good luck and I hope they're all okay with you being yourself!

Latest posts

Back