No more makeup

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm feel like I'm going to die. I have to take this job up in Alaska for 3 months and share a place with 3 other guys. You know what this means, it means no makeup for 3 months! I am so gunna die. Well I suppose technically I could, but I somehow doubt 3 20 some year old guys are open to another guy wearing makeup and I'm pretty certain they wouldn't like the idea of having to live a guy who wears makeup.
frown.gif
I know most of you are females but do you think I could get away with masacara? I feel that is an absolute must. Of course I feel like when I'm off the clock and not working my time should be my own.
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

They also don't have a sephora in town
frown.gif
They do have a MAC counter in nordstroms though. Sometimes being a guy really sucks.

Oh that sucks so bad
frown.gif

I say see how things feel when you get there. If you think you can get away with mascara, give it a shot! If they react weird then maybe say someone dared you to do wear mascara for a day?

I just hate that anyone has to hide who they are like that
frown.gif
But I also hate seeing people getting the crap kicked out of them for it too
frown.gif

If all else, then get a clear mascara, or a brown one... You might have to sacrifice for the three months if it concerns you that much.

don't think of it as a sacrifice look at it as an opportunity...you get a chance to nurture your skin and see hat it feels like without MU...i've been through periods where i've quit cold turkey...to make up for it i do a lot of facials and stuff to make sure my skin's nurtured.

Well there are many days I don't wear makeup. There are also a lot of days I do. But a photofinish foundation and mascara are almost daily. argh... My wife tells me I worry to much. I said to her, with this new job what will I do when I get back. The headquarters where I will work is close to town and so many of the workers live right near by, what will I do when I get back? I wonder if they would let me go if they found out? Will I be part of the gossip train? Would I get harassed on the job because of it? If I do get seen with makeup ( I'm certain it's a matter of time ) I wonder if it will be an issue on future out of state trips. sigh.... I worry to much. I am so tempted just to show up in Alaska with masacara, what are they going to do, fire me and send me home? Though I'd hate to creep them out and have the boss get a call from a creeped out coworker? Yeah I worry to much.

Why can't I just be me?

Thanks so much for your support guys. I may need more while I'm there.

colormeup

Originally Posted by enyadoresme /img/forum/go_quote.gif don't think of it as a sacrifice look at it as an opportunity...you get a chance to nurture your skin and see hat it feels like without MU...i've been through periods where i've quit cold turkey...to make up for it i do a lot of facials and stuff to make sure my skin's nurtured. I agree! Just take really good skin cleansers and moisturizers. If you must you can take tinted moisturizer and a chapstick. Thats what i do when i cant or dont want to wear tons of makeup.

What about having your eyelashes dyed black before you go? It would be a makeup substitute and lasts for a little while.

Originally Posted by Gail Evans /img/forum/go_quote.gif What about having your eyelashes dyed black before you go? It would be a makeup substitute and lasts for a little while. I didn't know that could be done. Is it someting you do yourself, or something you have done?
I'm not too certain about it though, I'd be hesitant to experiment with something like that just before heading out.

wow i m sory ! can u bring some makeup with u ?

maybe they dun actually care much ??? but i think if u dun have black lashes naturally they would see it right away with black mascara . i would think tight lining would make your eyes look more naturally bigger. and i guess a lil foundation wouldnt be noticeable either !!

Originally Posted by Savvy_lover /img/forum/go_quote.gif wow i m sory ! can u bring some makeup with u maybe they dun actually care much ??? but i think if u dun have black lashes naturally they would see it right away with black mascara. I've got blonde hair and my eyelashes are too. Almost can't be see. Thats why I love black mascara, the darker black the better it is. This is going to be like being at work 24/7. I'm soo tempted to take the "I'm off the clock, suck it" additude. I'm almost thinking just doing right off the bat would be best. These people know nothing of me, and at least I wouldn't have to worry from that point on. Of course it could really backfire to.
Argh... This sucks so very very very badly.

I swear the weekend before I go or the weekend I get back, I'm going to a MAC store or sephora to get an am consultation and I'm so gunna go for broke.

yeh i would also suggest getting u eye lashes tinted, and maybe opt for a tinted moisturizer. just do it all in the bathroom, im sure u guys have some sort of privacy right??

ditto on what everyone said. take care of your skin, go for minimal makeup. maybe a tinted moisturizer instead of foundation and brown mascara instead of black. dying your eyelashes scares me a little i must say, but that's also an option.

i'm sure if that remains "discreet" they won't really notice it.

I've never tried it but doesn't Revlon? I think it is have that lash tint or whatever that supposedly lasts for like a week....That way it wouldn't scream mascara but your lashes would be tinted and you'd only have to apply every couple of days.

I'll admit to dying my eyelashes every month - in fact, I would class myself as a lash dying veteran! Even though I have mid-brown hair, my lashes are naturally blonde and I can't stand them like that. I use a brown eyelash dye so that the effect ties in with my hair colour. I buy the dying kits from a beauty supplier here in the UK and by exercising the proper care and following safety precautions, the results are great. It is usually necessary to re-dye lashes after a month as most of the dyed lashes have fallen out and been replaced by new ones. It is very important to follow the provided safety instructions to the letter - I remember that there was a time these kits were withdrawn from sale in the UK because someone careless almost blinded themselves.

I would say go for it, but remember to be careful! If you don't fancy attempting it yourself, go to a salon and have it done.

Doesn't matter now. First day on job and I was seen by one of the employees I breifly met at work. Yup he was a staring me down as I had on sandals and neon green toe nail polish. He's was trying to be discreat but doing a terrible job. As I got closer he stepped into the bras and trying to spy on me walking past through the bras. No idea if he saw my mascara or makeupforever star powder. Yeah his wife was shopping for them, but my freeking word.
frown.gif
Sucks, your out of work for a year and half, I finnaly find work, and before I can prove myself I get this.
frown.gif

I really really hate intolerant ignorant people

Well if they haven't already noticed you wearing makeup I wouldn't too much about that. If the other guys notice the makeup containers in your bag just say something like "whoops! Wife's stuff accidentally got mixed in with my stuff"

Originally Posted by suzukigrrl /img/forum/go_quote.gif Well if they haven't already noticed you wearing makeup I wouldn't too much about that. If the other guys notice the makeup containers in your bag just say something like "whoops! Wife's stuff accidentally got mixed in with my stuff" exactly !

I don't wear makeup to work. well just concealer and photo finish foundation. I know I can't but I really want to wear super black mascara, I just love how it makes my lashes so dramatic.

Latest posts

Back