Noone ever talks about Shiseido?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have spent tons of money on mascara that never did anything for my sparse, barely there lashes.

I was at Sephora the other day and there was a representative from Shiseido. I asked about their mascara's and she applied some on me.

WOW WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! I never thought I HAD eyelashes. She did use a mascara base before putting on the mascara. She said you can just use the base if you wanted, but I bought both!

double cheers for SHISEIDO
claps.gif

Have a good weekend!

Renee

Hmm, ive only ever bought 2 things from their range. Pureness Skincare Range Oil Free Moisturiser & their eyelash curler. Both which i love! I remember my friend saying she bought a Shiseido mascara a few months back & she loved it. It was the one with the comb brush. Is that the one you bought by any chance?

No, the one I bought didn't come with a comb. It's called AV1 black noir advanced volume mascara. I just love it!!

The representative was from Puerto Rrico, her skin and makeup were gorgeous. She was so natural looking. I asked about all the colors she was wearing because her skin is the color of mine, so was her hair and eyes.

She said she would do a makeover for me at a later date. I can't wait!!

Renee

Originally Posted by Laura Hmm, ive only ever bought 2 things from their range. Pureness Skincare Range Oil Free Moisturiser & their eyelash curler. Both which i love! I remember my friend saying she bought a Shiseido mascara a few months back & she loved it. It was the one with the comb brush. Is that the one you bought by any chance? I was thinking about getting the eyelash curler. How to you compare it to drugstore brands? Thanks!!

Thanks for letting us know Renee. I need a new mascara so I will definately check it out.

i see some things that are pretty, but just don't get around to buying it.

glad you found something that worked for you!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

You're right, Shiseido is terrific...I first used it back in the early 70's...!!! and even their perfume "ZEN" is beautiful, I still have & use today....

Originally Posted by texasdarlin I have spent tons of money on mascara that never did anything for my sparse, barely there lashes.
I was at Sephora the other day and there was a representative from Shiseido. I asked about their mascara's and she applied some on me.

WOW WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! I never thought I HAD eyelashes. She did use a mascara base before putting on the mascara. She said you can just use the base if you wanted, but I bought both!

claps.gif

Have a good weekend!

Renee

I have their skin care (foaming face wash and moisturizer) and just bought some of their face cleansing oil......love this stuff........takes everything off!!

No makeup from them at this time but you have gotten me curious now about that mascara!

Originally Posted by texasdarlin I have spent tons of money on mascara that never did anything for my sparse, barely there lashes.

claps.gif

Have a good weekend!

Renee

I love Shiseido! I don't have much stuff from them because I'm a poor college student (
tongue.gif
) but they do have some great stuff. I love their eyelash curler, their water-based powder foundation, eyeshadows, and such.

I also heard great things with their mascara base. Maybe some other time I'll get that.

I have their Luminizing Powder in Golden Bronze which is fab. It's 3 colours that you swirl together to give a great bronzed look.

I'm hoping to try more of their stuff especially as they are our sister company in the UK!

I have the eyelash curler and I love it. Now my mascara saga starts again
icon_rolleyes.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Thanks for letting us know, I will be checking them out
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Angel Baby I love Shiseido! I don't have much stuff from them because I'm a poor college student (
tongue.gif
) but they do have some great stuff. I love their eyelash curler, their water-based powder foundation, eyeshadows, and such.
I also heard great things with their mascara base. Maybe some other time I'll get that.

I bought Shiseido Fluid Foundation and concealer since MAC StudioFix broke me out really bad. The foundation gives me exactly the coverage I've always wanted and the concealer works wonders on dark circles and blemishes.

Now I'm in need of some mascara and I was going to try MAC Zoom Lash but I think I'll try Shiseido instead. I've been using Clinique High Impact mascara and although I like how it looks I think it should do a bit more since they call it "high impact."

I also want to try one of those Shiseido HydroPowder eyeshadows. Maybe I'll pick one up.

Originally Posted by kr8zynurse007 I was thinking about getting the eyelash curler. How to you compare it to drugstore brands? Thanks!! To be honest kr8zynurse, i cant compare because that was the only curler i've ever used & because my lashes are naturally curly i rarely use it! Sorry i cant help. I know some of the other girls on her use it too though
biggrin.gif

I went today and got the Shiseido Advanced Volume mascara and Goldlights HydroPowder eyeshadow. I had the nicest MA...she told me they'll be coming out with a fall collection in a few weeks. She gave me tons of skincare samples (the Pureness line for oily skin). I can't wait to try the skin softener...it's a toner fluid with no alcohol and a little moisture to it that seems like it will be a good product.

I think I've only had one of their products... will have to look into them more, if they're as great as everyone thinks!
smile.gif

I only use their eye zone clear essence , Elixir- Shiseido.

Actually I bought mm, 2 years ago. I always forgot to use eye cream before bed. That is why I still have it lol.

It's pretty good though, I kinda like their stuff though.

Nikki, I bought the same mascara yesterday and used it today. Well, I had heck of a time taking it off tonight!!! I checked to see if it were waterproof mascara but it wasn't. Did yours come off easy? What did you use if so? Thanks for your help.
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by spazbaby I went today and got the Shiseido Advanced Volume mascara and Goldlights HydroPowder eyeshadow. I had the nicest MA...she told me they'll be coming out with a fall collection in a few weeks. She gave me tons of skincare samples (the Pureness line for oily skin). I can't wait to try the skin softener...it's a toner fluid with no alcohol and a little moisture to it that seems like it will be a good product.

Originally Posted by kr8zynurse007 I was thinking about getting the eyelash curler. How to you compare it to drugstore brands? Thanks!! I've used Shisiedo's eyelash curler for so many years and I love it. I've tried Revlon and Maybelline and my lashes curled funny. Shiseido's mascaras, foundation, and skincare products are great too! Their eyeshadows and lipsticks are not of my type.

Latest posts

Back