Nordie's Trend Show

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I went to the Fall Trend Show at Washington Square (near Portland, OR) this morning.

It was a video show, so that part was ok. The guest speakers were pretty cool, and they did give out some free stuff (I didn't win anything this year though). Everyone also got a cute red purse (looks like the one from the spring show that was pink), and a couple of Clinique samples. They mostly just had water and coffee though--no breakfast (when I went to one in socal we actually got muffins and jamba juice).

I had a Stila makeover, since I wanted to check out the counter up here. The MA was really nice, but she was pretty busy.

Here's what she used on me:

Liquid foundation in E (this seems really nice! not as shiny looking as illuminating liquid foundation. really light and natural)

Eye mousse in Moon (love these! great staying power and just the right amount of shimmer)

Stuff from the new breast cancer awareness set: heather eyeshadow all over with diamond lil in the crease, bloom blush, and Anni lipstick

Smudge Pot in Gray to line top and bottom

Major Lash Mascara in Black

Grapefruit Lipglaze

A little all over shimmer cream in #3

Everything looks great! I feel like I should go out somewhere now. but it's raining, so I'm staying inside! BTW, it was raining when I left Nordie's, and my mu still looks fine.
icon_biggrin.gif

Very cool! Sounds like to had a nice day, minus the rain. I need to really check out the smudge pots, they seem real nice. What to do think about the mascara, I'm on a never ending search for my holy grail!

Originally Posted by alittleweirdo I went to the Fall Trend Show at Washington Square (near Portland, OR) this morning.It was a video show, so that part was ok. The guest speakers were pretty cool, and they did give out some free stuff (I didn't win anything this year though). Everyone also got a cute red purse (looks like the one from the spring show that was pink), and a couple of Clinique samples. They mostly just had water and coffee though--no breakfast (when I went to one in socal we actually got muffins and jamba juice).

I had a Stila makeover, since I wanted to check out the counter up here. The MA was really nice, but she was pretty busy.

Here's what she used on me:

Liquid foundation in E (this seems really nice! not as shiny looking as illuminating liquid foundation. really light and natural)

Eye mousse in Moon (love these! great staying power and just the right amount of shimmer)

Stuff from the new breast cancer awareness set: heather eyeshadow all over with diamond lil in the crease, bloom blush, and Anni lipstick

Smudge Pot in Gray to line top and bottom

Major Lash Mascara in Black

Grapefruit Lipglaze

A little all over shimmer cream in #3

Everything looks great! I feel like I should go out somewhere now. but it's raining, so I'm staying inside! BTW, it was raining when I left Nordie's, and my mu still looks fine.
icon_biggrin.gif

Sounds pretty! How was the smudge pot? I've wondered about Stila line for a long time but yet to have purchased anything. I'm interested in the eye mousse now.

I actually don't wear mascara that often (I have sensitive eyes, and I hate getting mascara on my glasses!)

The Stila mascara seems pretty nice--it doesn't irritate my eyes. It's not waterproof, but seems pretty long wearing (didn't seem to flake off at the end of the day). Overall, my lashes seemed thicker, but some of them did stick together (didn't really separate my lashes).

Victoria's Secret also makes a decent mascara (I had a sample of this).

And I might go back to using MAC mascara, since I can save the empties for a free lipstick
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) Sounds pretty! How was the smudge pot? I've wondered about Stila line for a long time but yet to have purchased anything. I'm interested in the eye mousse now. You should go to the South Coast Plaza pro store to check out Stila--the MAs are really nice and not pushy. And if you go on a weekday morning/early afternoon it's usually not very busy, so they can help you pick out colors and stuff. Anyway, the smudge pot seemed nice--the color didn't budge all day! I haven't tried applying it myself yet though. And I have heard they can dry out, so you're not supposed to leave the lid off for very long. And I definitely recommend the eye mousse! Doesn't rub off, and they look pretty alone or as a base for powder eyeshadow. The colors are pretty sheer and I think all of them have some shimmer. I have honey (warm pinky beige, like kitten powder e/s) and moon (cool white/silver). I think there are 12 shades in all, so a pretty good selection!

Latest posts

Back