Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, my favorite time of the yr =D

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What's everyone planning on getting?

I went there today to pick up the new BB Shimmerbrick, and my db pre-ordered me the 2 MAC brush sets, 2 eye palettes and cool lip palette (i passed up on the warm since I had all the shades but 2)

he's the best! im so excited
claps.gif

i dunno why they didn't picture the 2nd brush set.. its even the better one
confused.gif

the 2nd brush set comes in the pinstripe case in the middle,

for the brushes pictured you get to choose from 3 different cases, i chose the glenn plaid which is pictured far right.. theres 1 more case not pictured

scan0002.jpg

I am still debating whether or not to get anything from this collection.

i was going to get a brush set (the one that isn't pictured), but i have all the brushes i need. i think the only brush that i want after my latest shopping spree is the angled face brush with the white bristles that comes in the second set.

i might check out the lipglasses though, can't really tell the colors.

i saw the display when i was in sf for the palettes and didn't like them either.

I am going back to Nordstrom today and since I have only 2 Mac brushes I am most likely to get the brush sets
icon_eek.gif
rolleyes.gif

im going in to nordstroms to check out the colors up close.Then i will decide,maybe i will get a brush set,nice to travel with
smile.gif

the brush sets are really good starter sets. it lets you get an ideal of how to use them, and how much better they are then using stuff like sponges or other aplicators, especially for your eyes. and for much less money than getting the individual brushes. plus you feel "special" and makeup artist-y when you use em
icon_redface.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif

How much are the brush sets? I have a Sonia Kashuk brush set that I really like but I'd love to have a spare. I guess I could look at the Nordstrom site but I'm too lazy
icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by Marisol $46 for brush sets and the palettes are $33. Awesome price! I might get one since I'll be traveling so much. Thanks Marisol!

I was gonna get a brush set but a few of the girls on here said they're not the same quality as buying the brushes on their own so i've decided not to buy anything in the Nordies event. I am however gonna splash out on Stila products at their 40% off sale!

Originally Posted by Laura I was gonna get a brush set but a few of the girls on here said they're not the same quality as buying the brushes on their own so i've decided not to buy anything in the Nordies event. I am however gonna splash out on Stila products at their 40% off sale! I was debating a brush set because of that but I figure it's better than losing luggage with more expensive brushes in it! Plus the cases are too cute to pass up.

So cute! I'm going to stay away from Nordstroms for a while though. I really can't afford to buy any new MU right now, and I think I would rather save up for the new stuff coming out in August anyway.

Originally Posted by spazbaby I was debating a brush set because of that but I figure it's better than losing luggage with more expensive brushes in it! Plus the cases are too cute to pass up. The pinstripe one is calling my name.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Laura, where is the sale on Stila products? in US? Please do tell, they have great brushes too :icon_love

I went to the Nordies today but didn't get crazy for the sets... I bought 1 eyeshadow and 1 brush:

Mac Era e/s

Mac 208 brush (it is soooo cute and nice)

I have most of the brushes they had in their sets and mine are good quality too. I do like sharing my brushes with my sis so I might get some Stila brushes
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Laura I was gonna get a brush set but a few of the girls on here said they're not the same quality as buying the brushes on their own so i've decided not to buy anything in the Nordies event. I am however gonna splash out on Stila products at their 40% off sale!

My favorites from Tailormade are the warm eye & lip palettes. And I love the pinstripe brush case, cuz I love pinstripes.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Marisol The pinstripe one is calling my name.
icon_rolleyes.gif
That's the one I like too. I think they should have varied the brush types in the others so there would be more to choose from. If I get one it will most likely be the pinstripe. I haven't made the ultimate decision yet.

Latest posts

Back