Nordstrom brands by category

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All,

I am the one that wrote to Annell about getting feedback on department store brands. Thank you Annell for starting this thread on my behalf!

I want to clarify something. What I am looking for are the Nordstrom makeup lines i.e. Bobby Brown, Clinique, M.A.C. etc. I am unfamiliar with what "types" of products they are known for excelling at. For example, I have read that Bobby Brown is known for its natural looking, high quality EYE and SKIN Makeup. I have also read that CLINIQUE is known for exceptional SKIN CARE for ALL types of skin. Some product categories I'm hoping for feedback on are the following:

• [SIZE=medium]Brushes & Tools (especially if you recommend a specific set)[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=medium]Concealers[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=medium]Eye Liners[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=medium]Eye Primers[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=medium]Eye Shadows[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=medium]Face Bronzers[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=medium]Foundations[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=medium]Lip Liners[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=medium]Lipsticks[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=medium]Lip Glosses[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=medium]Lip care[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=medium]Mascaras[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=medium]Skin care[/SIZE]

I know it's a long list but ANY help is greatly appreciated!

This is what I am looking for: users that can recommend what brands are known for by CATEGORY at Nordy's.The lines my Nordy's have are the following:

• [SIZE=medium]Bare Escentuals[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=medium]Bobby Brown[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=medium]Chanel[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=medium]Clarins[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=medium]Clinique[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=medium]Dior[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=medium]Essie[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=medium]Lancôme[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=medium]L’Occitane[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=medium]Laura Mercier[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=medium]Nars[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=medium]Philosophy [/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=medium]Shiseido[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=medium]Smashbox[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=medium]Stila[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=medium]Trish McEvoy[/SIZE]

The only site I was able to find was on beauty-and-makeup-tips.com/best-makeup-reviews.html. Please don't delete this link, it is NOT and advertisement on my part. This gave a breakdown of specific products within each category. But I am looking for is a generalization of which counters to go to for what "categories". Not necessarily what specific items within a category are great (unless you are wiling to take that time).

Thank you so much!

Latest posts

Back