Not another one!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liz

Reaction score
I have something called Vitilago. It's where your skin turns white. They don't know why it does it, when it happens, what causes it, and there really isn't a cure for it. I got it from my mom who has some spots, but not very noticible ones.

Within the last 2 or 3 years, I've been getting white spots. There down by my "southern region". We're trying this thing that my bf researched and put together that uses UVB lighting. I guess there has been some positive outcomes with this light.

But today, he noticed a white spot forming on the corner of my lip
icon_cry.gif
icon_cry.gif
icon_cry.gif
icon_cry.gif

It was one thing being in an area where people can't see it. But I HATE that it's starting on my face
icon_cry.gif
icon_cry.gif
icon_cry.gif
icon_cry.gif
Who knows if it's going to get bigger. We've only been using the light "down there" for a few days, so we're not sure if that is going to work for me. The spots down there have gotten bigger, so this one probably will too.

You know how you feel self concious about breaking out? well, that's how this is. Except I feel like I have this big white spot on my face, even though it's not that big/noticible. But this might not go away and it might/most likely will get bigger.

so, I'm not having a good day
icon_sad.gif

Oh sweetie,i am so sorry you are feeling badly.I dont know what it is like having that but i can tell you you are so beautiful and kind i dont think it will matter!

I know this is tough for you stay positive,remember all that is good in your life!!!!:icon_love
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by nydoll23 Oh sweetie,i am so sorry you are feeling badly.I dont know what it is like having that but i can tell you you are so beautiful and kind i dont think it will matter!
I know this is tough for you stay positive,remember all that is good in your life!!!!:icon_love
icon_cheesygrin.gif

thanks gwen
redface.gif
it's just hard because it's on my face now and i'm not sure if we'll be able to make it go away

Awww... that sucks Liz... I've heard of this before -
icon_neutral.gif

Do you go tanning by any chance?

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Awww... that sucks Liz... I've heard of this before -
icon_neutral.gif

Do you go tanning by any chance?

yeah. i look nice with a tan, b ut i guess it kind of accentuates it.
icon_confused.gif

Originally Posted by suzukigrrl Oh so sorry to hear that! Is it something that makeup will cover? kind of. but it's on the corner of my mouth, so it would get worn away.
i know dermablend cosmetics is really good at covering things up like this. so at least i know about that.
icon_confused.gif

I am sorry Liz. I found this thread that talks about some cures for what you have. Did you talk to a dermatologist about what your options are?

Originally Posted by Marisol I am sorry Liz. I found this thread that talks about some cures for what you have. Did you talk to a dermatologist about what your options are? thanks. we're using a narrow band UVB light right now. But have only used a few times since we can only use it once a day for 2 minutes.
we're going to check out a dermatologist though. his dermatologist only sees cancer patients now. so we'll have to ask for a reference.

Liz, I'm sorry you're going through this. I'm sure it's upsetting. Sounds like you have a pretty great boyfriend who's very supportive. Have you ever checked out this site www.vitiligosupport.com? It looked like it had a lot of great info, and you could connect with people going through the same experience as you. I'm sure you've probably already discovered this site or something similar..but I thought I'd pass it on to ya.

Originally Posted by Liz I have something called Vitilago. It's where your skin turns white. They don't know why it does it, when it happens, what causes it, and there really isn't a cure for it. I got it from my mom who has some spots, but not very noticible ones.
Within the last 2 or 3 years, I've been getting white spots. There down by my "southern region". We're trying this thing that my bf researched and put together that uses UVB lighting. I guess there has been some positive outcomes with this light.

icon_cry.gif
icon_cry.gif
icon_cry.gif
icon_cry.gif

It was one thing being in an area where people can't see it. But I HATE that it's starting on my face
icon_cry.gif
icon_cry.gif
icon_cry.gif
icon_cry.gif
Who knows if it's going to get bigger. We've only been using the light "down there" for a few days, so we're not sure if that is going to work for me. The spots down there have gotten bigger, so this one probably will too.

You know how you feel self concious about breaking out? well, that's how this is. Except I feel like I have this big white spot on my face, even though it's not that big/noticible. But this might not go away and it might/most likely will get bigger.

icon_sad.gif

Originally Posted by Nicolet Liz, I'm sorry you're going through this. I'm sure it's upsetting. Sounds like you have a pretty great boyfriend who's very supportive. Have you ever checked out this site www.vitiligosupport.com? It looked like it had a lot of great info, and you could connect with people going through the same experience as you. I'm sure you've probably already discovered this site or something similar..but I thought I'd pass it on to ya. thanks for the link. it's actually a little hard for him to deal with. he's very particular about stuff, and doesn't like that my skin is changing. so that makes it harder on me because i know he doesn't like it, and makes me feel even worse about it.
icon_cry.gif

Originally Posted by Charmaine What? I'm sorry, but that doesn't sound right...shouldn't he love you no matter how you look or how your body is changing? It's not your fault that this is happening! Liz, don't worry, we are here for you, and I know I'm not the only one who feels this way, but you are beautiful, no matter what! :icon_love thanks
smile.gif
i know, he's trying to fix how he feels. that's why he's trying to help me fix it. if he didn't love me, he would break up with me and not deal with it.

Originally Posted by Liz I have something called Vitilago. It's where your skin turns white. They don't know why it does it, when it happens, what causes it, and there really isn't a cure for it. I got it from my mom who has some spots, but not very noticible ones.

icon_cry.gif
icon_cry.gif
icon_cry.gif
icon_cry.gif

icon_cry.gif
icon_cry.gif
icon_cry.gif
icon_cry.gif

icon_sad.gif

I am really sorry to hear that Liz.I don't really know much about Vitiligo treatment.

But, I suggest you to see Dermatologist, before it's getting bigger. Laser UVB , Relume treatment might work for you. Just remember, always wear sun protection, I think it will help to make the white spot less visibly in some way.

Originally Posted by Liz thanks for the link. it's actually a little hard for him to deal with. he's very particular about stuff, and doesn't like that my skin is changing. so that makes it harder on me because i know he doesn't like it, and makes me feel even worse about it.
icon_cry.gif

not for nothing Liz,you might be getting lighter but your not growing a foot out of your head.I know what its like having someone you love dissaprove of something,its not a good feeling.He needs to understand that this is you,hey theres prob something on him that you dont particularlly like but im sure you wouldnt make him feel bad about it!

Liz, thanks for sharing this with us. Maybe it helped a little to talk about it? Anytime you need to vent you just go for it. At least vitilago is flat on the skin, and can be covered well with makeup. You will experiment with different foundations and find something that works best for you. This isn't going to stop you from doing anything you want to do; you have a great future, so don't let worry suck the happiness from your life. You are beautiful inside and out! Keep us posted ok?

icon_cry.gif
icon_cry.gif
icon_cry.gif
icon_cry.gif

icon_cry.gif
icon_cry.gif
icon_cry.gif
icon_cry.gif

icon_sad.gif

hey liz! this is really off topic, but you look like chloe on days of our lives!http://http://www.nadia-bjorlin.com/

thanks for the support you guys
smile.gif
i know i can count on y'all if something is ever bothering me. we're trying to fix it, so i hope it goes away!

aw, i'm SO sorry you're going through this. i hope you find something that gets rid of it or makes it less noticible. you know we're always here for you! <3 you!

hi liz, i'm sorry you are having to deal with this. not the end of the world but it's shitty none the less. my mother has very bad psoriasis so i know what it is like for someone to have to deal with a skin condition that other people can see. awhile back i was watching a demonstration on a product called dermablend. it was on the home shopping network. i couldn't believe it. right there on tv, the lady took off her dermablend makeup to reveal a huge dark port wine birthmark on her face. you would have never known she had that with the makeup on. then she went on to put the makeup back on and the birthmark totally was gone.

i don't know if this product has been reviewed here or not but you might want to check in to it. it's so unfortunate that we are judged on our outward appearance. i hope your boyfriend comes to realize that outward appearance is fleeting. it's just a case to carry the really precious stuff that is inside.

Latest posts

Back