Not Made In China Lipgloss

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
2 girls in my family are going into the age of wearing makeup. I haven't looked hard at the brands available, but have noticed that the 'affordable' stuff is Made in China. It might be okay for the face, but not for the lips.

I already am making sure that my dd knows that lipgloss from China is unacceptable. It is really tempting when you only have a few dollars to get 3 lipglosses instead of one.

Is there a brand of lipgloss/lipstick that is "Made in the USA" that costs under $3 a tube? (or at least not "made in China") ?

Why you consider that? I think if it isn't acceptable to the mouth, imagine for the eyes

Most likely we'll be using mostly mmu - powder, blush, e/s. You are right though as far as eyeliner/mascara goes. That isn't so expensive to have 2 or 3 tubes of more expensive mascara and a separate e/l brush if we want liquid instead of powder e/l.

But right now we are in the lipgloss stage. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> (If I find a brand of lipgloss that is good, the rest of that brand is probably not made in China)

I don't know, because i don't live on usa, but maybe maybelline lipglosses - at least the ones sold here are actually produced here on brazil *if i'm not mistaken

Ha, see - I didn't even think of the 'name brands' - I bet the lipgloss prices aren't so bad. I'll check at the grocery store today and other stores later this week. It got tiring looking at the 'teen affordable' lipglosses, all I found were from China. :-( Several times I picked up a lipgloss - "oooh, dd will love this" only to be disappointed. Same with the color/flavor chapsticks.

I think Revlon lipglosses would be a good idea. They have some very sheer colors and often can be found on sale. I'm almost positive they're not made in china.

I refuse to buy anything from China also. It isnt just the lead, but the dog food from China that was killing pets, clothes from China causing rashes that people got at Wal-mart, who knows whats next

Originally Posted by dixiewolf /img/forum/go_quote.gif I refuse to buy anything from China also. It isnt just the lead, but the dog food from China that was killing pets, clothes from China causing rashes that people got at Wal-mart, who knows whats next ExactlyI am fine with products we don't put on our skin or ingest. I always wash new clothes before wearing b/c of the sizing, I hadn't heard about that. But if we can't trust the food or food ingredients from China for even our dogs, why would we trust lipgloss from China on our little girls' lips?

Originally Posted by Aquilah /img/forum/go_quote.gif Okay... So, have you tried e.l.f.? I am glad you asked that question
frown.gif
I bought a bunch of stuff from ELF for the girls - glad they didn't know - made in China, too. Wonder if I could get my money back on Ebay?

Originally Posted by AngelaGM /img/forum/go_quote.gif E.L.F. rocks! Yup, I loved the look of the stuff even more once I received them...until I started reading the package
10.gif

This is a general question (applies to more than just makeup) If a company (lets say ABC Cosmetics) buys parts/ingredients from another supplier (ie in China) and then the product is toxic/poisonous/dangerous and causes harm - Who is held responsible ? Can ABC Cosmetics just brush off all responsibility and say "we didn't know" ?

How about looking into "Rimmel" cosmetics? They are a British company.

"Boots" is also British, and you'll find that at Target. I do not know if both those companies have products made in China, but it couldn't hurt to find out.

i'd also recommend Rimmel. or applying mineral blush with a layer of clear lip gloss works for me. plus it's all natural ingredients. ;o)

Thank you! I am leaning towards either MIY +/or what rizzie said with the mmu and clear gloss. I have trouble getting up the nerve, tho.

You should try Milani. I just looked at the package of my Milani Mineral Foundation and it said made in USA. Their prices are very reasonable as well. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back