not much on ebay?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Is it just me or does ebay seem slow right now? I've been searching for "mac lip gloss *color name*" and only one or two listings show up. I seem to remember that when I did that a few weeks back I would have significantly more listings show up.

Oh and I bought Manic Panic neon yellow and chartruse lipstick. I feel so silly about having such outrageous colors, but I don't have any lipstick in those colors yet!!

yeah, sometimes some weeks can be slow. maybe since it's the summer, people are gone and not doing ebay stuff....?

Originally Posted by suzukigrrl Is it just me or does ebay seem slow right now? I've been searching for "mac lip gloss *color name*" and only one or two listings show up. I seem to remember that when I did that a few weeks back I would have significantly more listings show up.
Oh and I bought Manic Panic neon yellow and chartruse lipstick. I feel so silly about having such outrageous colors, but I don't have any lipstick in those colors yet!!

sometimes it's because they've caught somebody who was selling a stolen shipment or an employee selling a bunch of stolen stuff, and they crack down and kick them off

Originally Posted by spazbaby sometimes it's because they've caught somebody who was selling a stolen shipment or an employee selling a bunch of stolen stuff, and they crack down and kick them off whoa! really?! didn't know they do that.

Originally Posted by spazbaby sometimes it's because they've caught somebody who was selling a stolen shipment or an employee selling a bunch of stolen stuff, and they crack down and kick them off Yea, I had a feeling about this one. There's too much "wholesale" makeup on Ebay for it to be legit.

Originally Posted by Trisha EL employs people to scout ebay and buy stuff from EL companies to find out who is selling it. For example, when that person was selling filled 15 pans, an EL spy was sure to have bought one to get info on the seller. xx Really?! But i guess they need to look out for their profits and sales.Sounds like a good job to have tho!!

Originally Posted by Trisha Yes they have to do it, cos people abuse our discount scheme. which eventually could ruin it for everyone
icon_rolleyes.gif
Yeah it would be easy to abuse it.Or any company where you get good staff discounts or free allocations, it would be so easy for an employee to abuse it.

Originally Posted by Liz whoa! really?! didn't know they do that. yeah it's for real. i worked for a company (don't want to name it specifically) that gets shipments stolen all the time and it turns up on ebay

Originally Posted by Trisha Most of the time the MU/skincare was given to an employee in gratis or at a big discount, and they make money by selling it on ebay. Although sellers have be known to fill Creme De La Mer pots with Nivea and sell it off at silly prices as CDLM Or when they do things like put Chanel in the title, but when you read through the whole listing it is actually some knock off brand. It technically isn't counterfeit, but it might as well be!

Yeah that happens on Ebay, I've noticed that a few times while I was hunting things down ~ Ebay runs hot & cold.....

Originally Posted by suzukigrrl Is it just me or does ebay seem slow right now? I've been searching for "mac lip gloss *color name*" and only one or two listings show up. I seem to remember that when I did that a few weeks back I would have significantly more listings show up.

Latest posts

Back