Not really rating Shu Uemera Basic Mascara

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So i bought this off eBay a few weeks back & it finally arrived on my doorstep on Friday and i have to say, as of today i dont think its worth the €32.49 i spent on it (including shipping)..

Its just another basic mascara. The name gives it away really, doesnt it! I got the same if not nicer effect with Maybelline Full N Soft but unfortunately that has been discontinued over here. Not much comes out on the wand & i feel i've to apply 3 or 4 coats before it even looks like i've mascara on. Plus it seems to fade during the day & by 5.30 it doesnt look like i'm using mascara at all. I'm SO not used to that look!

I'll be buying Rimmel Extra Super Lash again as my daytime mascara when i finish this and of course be using my YSL Faux Cils for when i want that extra kick!

RANT OVER
biggrin.gif

aw, i'm sorry it didn't work out for you. i wouldn't try it just because it's a basic mascara, like you said, in the name.

i won't ever spend money on high-end mascaras again. after spending lots, i've come to realize drugstore mascaras work just as well. if they don't, they're close enough for their price!

i love my super thick lash and volumous
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I dont mind spending money on YSL Faux Cils coz i absolutely adore it but i just expected more from this because of all the hype. Oh well, i'll get over it. Just wont be buying it again
biggrin.gif

Who makes the super thick lash & volumnous mascara you're talking about though Jen?

Originally Posted by Laura I dont mind spending money on YSL Faux Cils coz i absolutely adore it but i just expected more from this because of all the hype. Oh well, i'll get over it. Just wont be buying it again
biggrin.gif

Who makes the super thick lash & volumnous mascara you're talking about though Jen?

covergirl makes super thick lash and l'oreal makes the famous volumous! you've never heard of it before?

Oh i heard of L'Oreal Voluminous but i didnt hear of CoverGirl Super Thick Lash. Unfortunately that brand isnt available in Ireland. I have tried 1 CoverGirl mascara before though. A friend sent it to me but i cant remember the name. I actually quite liked it. It was in a red/wine fat kinda tube. Is that the Super Thick Lash by any chance?

Originally Posted by Laura Oh i heard of L'Oreal Voluminous but i didnt hear of CoverGirl Super Thick Lash. Unfortunately that brand isnt available in Ireland. I have tried 1 CoverGirl mascara before though. A friend sent it to me but i cant remember the name. I actually quite liked it. It was in a red/wine fat kinda tube. Is that the Super Thick Lash by any chance? yes! that's it!

oh, too bad it didn't work for you. i like it cause it seperates my lashes. but yeah, you have to use a couple of coats.

LOL! Dont be silly honey, its not your fault! I'll start using more coats every day and hopefully that will work out for me
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Laura Oh i heard of L'Oreal Voluminous but i didnt hear of CoverGirl Super Thick Lash. Unfortunately that brand isnt available in Ireland. I have tried 1 CoverGirl mascara before though. A friend sent it to me but i cant remember the name. I actually quite liked it. It was in a red/wine fat kinda tube. Is that the Super Thick Lash by any chance? That sounds more like Fantastic Lash to me - the STL is in a skinny tube, while the Fantastic Lash is in a fatter, more odd shaped tube.
Sorry the Shu mascara didn't work out for you, Laura - at least you know now though!!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by FeistyFemme That sounds more like Fantastic Lash to me - the STL is in a skinny tube, while the Fantastic Lash is in a fatter, more odd shaped tube. hm, could be.

Oh ya, you got it Erica! It was Fantastic Lash that i had.. Really liked it too
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back