Not sure whre to post this - site is slow :(

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Everybody,

I just joined MUT a week or two ago, but barely visit because on every computer I use, the site is painfully slow! I have high speed internet access, so I'm not sure why its slow?? Maybe I'm just impatient, but I'd really like to dig my feet and and look around, check messages, etc....

Is there anyway to speed it up? Is it the advertising thats causing things to run slowly?

This site seems so amazing and full of good stuff...I'd just like to be able to browse and a fairly normal pace.

Also, I apologize if this is the wrong area to post this.

Thanks!
smile.gif

Carolyn

maybe change your skin, it might speed things up?

you can do that by scrolling all the way down to the bottom at the left, there should be an option for you to change your skin there, and see if that makes a difference
smile.gif

What browser are you using, that might be the cause of it being slow for you as well.

Oh that's odd! It's quite fast for me . . . are you using Internet Explorer or FireFox? I've heard some people say that IE is slow for them!

Also, I had a similar problem about a month back and it cleared up after I ran virus scan and cleared my cookies
smile.gif

Back