Notepad Competition!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
K, here's the deal:

Make a notepad.

On September 4th, two weeks from now, I'll start a thread.

You guys will post links to your notepads in said thread.

Myself or one of the other mods will then make a voting poll.

People will vote on the best Notepad.

The winner will then be featured as the "featured notepad" in a future Newsletter.

[Which Newsletter it is featured in will be up to the Newsletter Editor, the BossLady - Aquilah!]

The point here is to motivate people to update their current notepads or create a notepad for the first time.

Please participate and encourage your friends to participate!!
smile.gif

Also, since not everyone has or knows how to use programs like Photoshop, I will be offering up my services! Now remember, I am no Master PhotoManipulator like Nury, but I can do very basic things like you see on my notepad and in my signature.

Fist, go to this website and chose a color scheme. The best thing to do is chose a light color, a dark color and a medium color. Or you can chose any scheme you like! Just PM me with the hex codes and give me a general idea of what you would like, and I will try to whip something up for you!

Also, please let me know what SIZE you would like your frames to be! In my notepad, the large frames are 500x500 pixels and the smaller ones are 500x150 pixels.

If you would like a specific FONT used, please tell me the name of it. If I do not have it I will download it.

Again, I encourage everyone to participate!!!
flowers.gif

Originally Posted by aplsmash /img/forum/go_quote.gif Poop! My notepad has nothing.
Maybe I'll finally work on it.

See, that's the idea!!
rockwoot.gif

The more cool notepads we have, the better! It's definitely an underused feature!

AHHHH.

You know, Kee. If I were the murdering type, I could kill you for this. I already am addicted to updated and changing my notepad as it IS and then YOU have to make it into this competition, suckering in the old folks like ME who still have another week before moving into school and stopped their job for the summer and are avoiding packing and are bored with life and have nothing to do....you get the picture.

But, I'm not Charles Manson. So I'm not going to kill you. Though if I did, it would be with love.

I am just going to sit and lament the fact that this lyrics show I made featuring my favorite lyrics won't upload because I am on dialup, but I HAVE to put cute stuff in my notepad, so now I have to wait until I go to my uncle's and jack their wireless to put these cute things on there.

And I will spend the rest of my night thinking of other things to add and wondering how to take pictures of my stash to throw up on there and wondering if I am in fact the only one with NO life at the moment.....aside from MUT, that is.

Edit: And while I am lamenting this....how do you make your pictures go side-by-side? Like one graphic on the left, one on the right.....

....I never should have gotten Paint Shop Pro back on this computer.

LOL!

Well, what I do is hit Center. Then I add a pic. Then I press space bar 6 times. Then I add another pic
tongue.gif

But that's just how I do it, I don't know if there's a more specific or better way to do it! After all, all this stuff is brand new to me too - I only made my notepad a week ago!!
biggrin.gif

Of course, you can press space bar only once or twice or however many times you want. BUT! If your images are really big there may only be enough room for one or two before you have to go down to the next level (under the current pic)

The notepads are kinda like "MySpace" for MUT. It's basically just a personal website for MUT members.

But isn't that what are pages are for?...

so, the notepads are suppose to be about us?

What pages do you mean? The profiles? Profiles are good too, but you can only do so much with them. Notepads have many more options and is more customizable.

It's your own little website complete with your very own URL (yours would be jesskaa . makeuptalk . com).

As long as you stay within mut rules/regs, you can post anything you like! Stashes, pics (family pics, fotd pics, dtb pics, or just pics of stuff you like), poems, quotes, anything! It's all about you!

yeah. the profile, but anyways i get your point.

im going to figure out what i wanna do with mine.

cause i feel rather pressured to do something to it.

haha, I know I'm just kidding around with you.

But, everywhere i go its NOTEPAD NOTEPAD.

i dont wanna be left out! haha.

Sounds like a plan to me Kee! I won't be updating mine too quickly since I can't feature myself in the NL LOL!

Originally Posted by Aquilah /img/forum/go_quote.gif Sounds like a plan to me Kee! I won't be updating mine too quickly since I can't feature myself in the NL LOL! That would be too funny!
"Okay everyone, thanks for participating!!! Now for the winner - ME!!!!"

laughing.gif

Originally Posted by Kee /img/forum/go_quote.gif That would be too funny!
"Okay everyone, thanks for participating!!! Now for the winner - ME!!!!"

laughing.gif

LMAO! Yeah, but I couldn't do that... Although, I've never been a featured NP... Hmmm.... LOL!
eusa_whistle.gif

Latest posts

Back